Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Has the Samplr Update Been Released Yet ?

Comments

• I dont think the dev actually mention samplr, just a surprise.

• Yes!

The 1.3.1 update went out four years ago. Where you been?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Yes!

The 1.3.1 update went out four years ago. Where you been?

😂

• What Samplr update?

• Any news on iPhone version?

• You know, I've been a longtime Samplr fan, and I'm willing to give the dev the benefit of the doubt, but it's time to admit that he's Lucy holding the football, and iOS fans are Charlie Brown.

Here's the truth: Samplr is elegant but I never ever use it anymore. SpaceCraft is better. Heresy, I know.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    You know, I've been a longtime Samplr fan, and I'm willing to give the dev the benefit of the doubt, but it's time to admit that he's Lucy holding the football, and iOS fans are Charlie Brown.

Here's the truth: Samplr is elegant but I never ever use it anymore. SpaceCraft is better. Heresy, I know.

Hmmmm, im thinking.......maybe SC should get gesture control?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    You know, I've been a longtime Samplr fan, and I'm willing to give the dev the benefit of the doubt, but it's time to admit that he's Lucy holding the football, and iOS fans are Charlie Brown.

Ow, truth!
    That hurt!
    😂

• @ExAsperis99 said:

🎯

• edited November 2019

@ExAsperis99 said:

ok ExAsperis99, next you'll be telling me that the earth isn't flat, and that we are not living in the matrix pshhh

• Still use Samplr at every single performance -- irreplaceable. It has actually been enhanced a LOT by other apps updating and Samplr simply being years ahead of itself. An example being that AudioBus adding a MIDI clock output essentially updated Samplr with Link Sync, INCLUDING start/stop. Quality!

• @OscarSouth said:
    Still use Samplr at every single performance -- irreplaceable. It has actually been enhanced a LOT by other apps updating and Samplr simply being years ahead of itself. An example being that AudioBus adding a MIDI clock output essentially updated Samplr with Link Sync, INCLUDING start/stop. Quality!

indeed, Samplr still my live workhorse.. Mr South, can you tell me , does the midi clock output from audiobus need the £2.99 iap to function? not getting any joy. but willing to fling £2.99 at it if it ,for sure, will help with syncing Samplr ( been using third party apps inbetween host and Samplr up to now )

• Still a great Standalone instrument. If it ever got a Poly 2 style revamp, would make a great plugin too, but having it continue to work indefinitely is good enough :)

• @RockySmalls said:

@OscarSouth said:
    Still use Samplr at every single performance -- irreplaceable. It has actually been enhanced a LOT by other apps updating and Samplr simply being years ahead of itself. An example being that AudioBus adding a MIDI clock output essentially updated Samplr with Link Sync, INCLUDING start/stop. Quality!

indeed, Samplr still my live workhorse.. Mr South, can you tell me , does the midi clock output from audiobus need the £2.99 iap to function? not getting any joy. but willing to fling £2.99 at it if it ,for sure, will help with syncing Samplr ( been using third party apps inbetween host and Samplr up to now )

Midi clock is a core AB3 function and doesn't require the midi learn IAP

• I don’t like the new AU functionality, is there any way to reinstall the old version?

It was working perfectly

• @espiegel123 said:

@RockySmalls said:

@OscarSouth said:

Midi clock is a core AB3 function and doesn't require the midi learn IAP

ok thanks, i’ll see if i can get it working..

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    I don’t like the new AU functionality, is there any way to reinstall the old version?

It was working perfectly

• edited November 2019

Actually I will keep the new one, Alchemy Pro and all the soundpacks are included in the update.

Wasn’t expecting this policy change at Apple that was previously preventing either of these things ever happening and causing infinite Samplr threads popping up this forum.

Might take a while to show up in the AppStore.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

Is this just a really subtle joke? I have been thinking of buying Samplr but I am struggling to see how it bears any resemblance to Spacecraft :|

• Not a joke at all.
    They are different, to be sure, but both allow the tactile playing of a waveform.
    Samplr is great fun, but I find its biggest problem is not so much its lack of connectivity; it's that you can't resize or edit the waveforms from with the app.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Not a joke at all.
    They are different, to be sure, but both allow the tactile playing of a waveform.
    Samplr is great fun, but I find its biggest problem is not so much its lack of connectivity; it's that you can't resize or edit the waveforms from with the app.

They are very different apps that do very different things. Both are great, but I don't see enough functional overlap to see how either would be a replacement for the other.

If one is intrigued by the many excellent videos of Samplr in action, one shouldn't hesitate to get it.

• if you don't have samplr just throw your iPad away :D

• @kobamoto said:
    if you don't have samplr just throw your iPad away :D

The was a close call. Been there, Bought that.
    NOTE TO SELF: Check trash bins next trash day.

• This was the update of the avatar picture, wasn’t it ?!

• @[Deleted User] said:
    I dont think the dev actually mention samplr, just a surprise.

This guy mentions samplr beta and 2020 update here:

http://jadeane.com/blog/wed-12252019-1033

Just below the samplr pic...

• @Halftone said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    I dont think the dev actually mention samplr, just a surprise.

This guy mentions samplr beta and 2020 update here:

http://jadeane.com/blog/wed-12252019-1033

Just below the samplr pic...

Yep since i made that post a dude confirmed and also the dev