Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Behringer announces Wing, a futuristic digital mixing console

Wow....so this is what they’ve been up to.....hmmmmm

Comments

• Yeah, wonder what kind of price that'll be...

• @Carnbot said:
    Yeah, wonder what kind of price that'll be...

So do I, they usually have great prices in comparison to the gear they clone, but I don’t know about this one. And it’s a 48x48 audio interface over usb.2.0......hhmmmmm I wonder if it’ll work with IPad OS?

• The X32 is about £1500 and I reckon it will be about £1K more than that, so £2500. Just a guess though :-)

Anybody else would charge £10k.

• Yeah I don’t see how they can get away with charging $299 but we’ll see....

• Does it have an AU? If not, preorder cancelled

• iPad + MIDI Mixer (?)

• I'll wait for the Behringer clone.

• Seems it just dropped.. $2,700 ..

Nice..

• @RajahP said:

Seems it just dropped.. $2,700 ..

Nice..

I’m not mad at that price, hell I paid about $600 for my apogee duet and it’s only 2 channels in.

• edited November 2019

@Strizbiz said:

@RajahP said:

Seems it just dropped.. $2,700 ..

Nice..

I’m not mad at that price, hell I paid about $600 for my apogee duet and it’s only 2 channels in.

This reminds me of looking at a TEAC model 15, back in the day.. $15,000.. and a candy-bar was only $.25 then..

Jesus..

• @kinkujin said:
    I'll wait for the Behringer clone.

:D

• I would buy it,
    but then everybody will start calling me ‘Winger’.
    Fugg dat.

• @crony said:

@kinkujin said:

It would be funny if some other company did a way cheaper knock-off to them, for a change.
    😉

• Really impressive spec. I know somebody with a Midas M32, and I love it. Hopefully they do a more compact version too. I think the price is reasonable considering what you get.

• They’ll probably make a version with more onboard mic pre’s, I think it is smart to not have 32 pre’s on the base model, when many people use the digital stage boxes. The box def adds to the system price though ($700-$1k).

I like there are different compressor and eq models, but hate how universal the adherence to the Waves style, interface looks like an ancient piece of rack gear, all of them different- different layout, different meters, etc. Would much rather the controls were all the same, and you could just flip through the “character” to find one that sounds best, rather than it turning into this puzzle of different interfaces. Like the compressor in Logic 9, which was really simple to use, and had great range of sounds. Are we children, in we need to see a picture of some expensive, classic gear, to feel like our digital mixer is “real”?

It is relatively cheap, though, look at the Allen & Heath SQ6 ($4k) or Avantis ($9k).

One thing I miss on the X32, and didn’t see any mention on this on the new one, is any kind of feedback suppression thingy. There are better options than the 31 band eq, like I love the DBX AFS system, where you make it feedback during sound check, and it automatically tracks the feedback and notches out the frequency with a much finer eq, like having a 100 band eq, so you end up cutting out less of the sound. You’re done ringing out the system in like, 30 seconds. The portable, fly by wires Soundcraft mixers, have that system built in.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Yeah I don’t see how they can get away with charging $299 but we’ll see....

🤣

• @CracklePot said:

@crony said:

@kinkujin said:

It would be funny if some other company did a way cheaper knock-off to them, for a change.
    😉

And on a large touch monitor..😳

• Continuing to show bad judgment and poor impulse control, I have one of these showing up on Sunday. So ridiculous for my use. I'll report how it works with an iPad.

• @Processaurus said:.

One thing I miss on the X32, and didn’t see any mention on this on the new one, is any kind of feedback suppression thingy. There are better options than the 31 band eq, like I love the DBX AFS system, where you make it feedback during sound check, and it automatically tracks the feedback and notches out the frequency with a much finer eq, like having a 100 band eq, so you end up cutting out less of the sound. You’re done ringing out the system in like, 30 seconds. The portable, fly by wires Soundcraft mixers, have that system built in.

Proper gain staging, using mic patterns, and good speaker placement should make feedback a rare occurrence. Not saying there’s no place for that type of processor, just that it should start with the other practices first with that only being a last resort or safety net.

• @Liquidmantis said:
    Continuing to show bad judgment and poor impulse control, I have one of these showing up on Sunday. So ridiculous for my use. I'll report how it works with an iPad.

Considering how well the other behringer and midas digital work with ipad, I bet the wing will works great with it. From all of the digital mixes I’ve used, behringer’s are the most tablet friendly, although I prefer mixing station to the behringer app due to being able to customize my layouts and layers.

• @mrufino1 said:

@Liquidmantis said:
    Continuing to show bad judgment and poor impulse control, I have one of these showing up on Sunday. So ridiculous for my use. I'll report how it works with an iPad.

Considering how well the other behringer and midas digital work with ipad, I bet the wing will works great with it. From all of the digital mixes I’ve used, behringer’s are the most tablet friendly, although I prefer mixing station to the behringer app due to being able to customize my layouts and layers.

I grabbed Mixing Station earlier. The store page shows the IAP for the Wing, but the app doesn't have it as an option yet. I guess the update is still pending. I'll probably contact them to see if they have a beta available.

Apparently the Wing doesn't have built-in wifi though, so I either need to get a network drop ran to my desk or scrounge up an ethernet-to-wifi convertor.

• @Liquidmantis said:

Cool! So if you have a bunch of synths with 1/4” jacks .. how do you get those into this mixer? I shopped it on Sweetwater but only find boxes with XLR plugs.

• @cloudswimmer said:

@Liquidmantis said:

Cool! So if you have a bunch of synths with 1/4” jacks .. how do you get those into this mixer? I shopped it on Sweetwater but only find boxes with XLR plugs.

I have a few TRS to XLR-m cables for my existing interface, but I got the Behringer SD16 stagebox that has combo jacks.

• @Liquidmantis said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@Liquidmantis said:

I have a few TRS to XLR-m cables for my existing interface, but I got the Behringer SD16 stagebox that has combo jacks.

Ah ha bingo! The SD16 .. and it comes with rack ears .. cool! Yeah I’ve had my eye on a Wing now for a while. I talked with a guy who’s owned the local Neve and SSL dealer here for decades .. he said the Wing is the bees knees. Coming from him I had to have a serious look as the guy is very respected and perfectionist when it comes to both studio and live sound. Congrats and let us know how it works out 👍

• The Mixing Station update is live now, $5.99 US for the Wing IAP.

New Wing update video: