Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    In the meanwhile
    Like every simple drum machine, Drambo needs a multi-zone sampler module :) working on this.

Sounds good. What does it mean/do?

• @robosardine said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    In the meanwhile
    Like every simple drum machine, Drambo needs a multi-zone sampler module :) working on this.

Have you played Tetris?

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Drambo will be here before Xmass.

Some people never learn!!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@robosardine said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    In the meanwhile

Have you played Tetris?

No

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    In the meanwhile

Wow, good news! We really need more apps that can sample! :+1:

• It looks a bit like Egoist so I’m assuming it’s along those lines- what do the coloured areas with the little white boxes do?

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    In the meanwhile

Looking good

• edited October 2019

@robosardine said:
    It looks a bit like Egoist so I’m assuming it’s along those lines- what do the coloured areas with the little white boxes do?

This is a zone view in classic sampler so not really Egoist but hopefully there will be a slice based sampler. This is not in the current testing version so my understanding might be slightly off.

At this point some modules (especially sampling) are still half baked so it's hard to tell what will be there on release. Still, it is very likely to be a one stop shop for many many people.

• @supadom said:

This is a zone view in classic sampler so not really Egoist but hopefully there will be a slice based sampler. This is not in the current testing version so I my understanding might be slightly off.

I guess we'll get a new beta soon... :)
    (It's really quite a task to go thru all the modules, find use-cases for them and if/when they do bail figure out how to repeat it).

But hey, I've not had this much fun testing an app in ages!

• @RajahP said:

@senhorlampada said:
    http://www.synthanatomy.com/2018/04/beepstreet-developing-new-modular-drum-synth-drambo-ios.html

Have you guys seen this? Seems like an awesome modular drum + sequencer.

Hope it has some kind of impaktor-style interaction

:grin:

Jesus, this has been going on for a year and a half...

@giku_beepstreet said:
    In the meanwhile

This GUI is on another level 👍

• looks superbe! minimal and great:)
    any idea of the price!?

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    In the meanwhile

This is the most exciting photo yet. Oh my.

• edited October 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

@realdawei said:

@RajahP said:

@senhorlampada said:
    http://www.synthanatomy.com/2018/04/beepstreet-developing-new-modular-drum-synth-drambo-ios.html

@giku_beepstreet said:
    In the meanwhile

And it’s fucking fast to work with :wink: :)

Does it pitch correctly at 96khz?

• edited October 2019
  • edited October 2019

@Max23 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Max23 said:

@realdawei said:

@RajahP said:

@senhorlampada said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    In the meanwhile

And it’s fucking fast to work with :wink: :)

Does it pitch correctly at

It works internally with a much higher samplerate.
    So output samplerate is whatever you want :) (with audiointerface)
    No unexpected Mikey mouse and monsters nonsense :)

But the real fun is when you start twisting the sample in odd ways, simple play back works, but this has much more to offer ...

My favorite thing to do is create 16 step patterns that don’t really repeat for a very long time...

Great news it pitches correctly at higher sample rates! Thanks great if you can test the effects too as that is an issue on Zeeon. Thanks

• edited October 2019
  • edited October 2019
  • @Max23 said:

It gets easier if you found something when u split things up.
    Usually I can pin it down to a single module and function...
    The hard part is to remember what u did a minute a go, because you can work so fast with this , lol 😆 :) B)

True that, and that is what I always try to do :)

I'm sometimes bumping into a rare and hard to track down issue when oscillators don't always stay in sample accurate sync.
    (ie. to simplify two oscillators that have their phase reset on note on and fed thru a function Module (A-B) and the result is not silence but rather one of the oscillators has a one buffer delay). Problem is, if I save the project, quit the app and re-load it they are in sync. So it feels like the currently set buffer size is too small and the slack gets pushed to the following buffer. The larger the buffer the rarer it is for this issue to pop up...

Overall I'm truly impressed of what can be done with Drambo!

• Looking good <3

@giku_beepstreet I am almost forgetting my own questions so sorry if I already asked :smiley:

Does Drambo „accept“ external midi as in sending note-midi over IDAM to Drambo? Should theoretically be the same as plugging a midi-keyboard In..

• Merry Christmas? non bien ok. Bientot :)

• I just run an IAA drum machine through Drambo with sequencer running. Holly molly, a world of serious beat mangling opportunities opened up. All sorts of pseudo gated shit triggered by sequenced notes. Could easily spend my weekend doing this.

• @supadom said:
    I just run an IAA drum machine through Drambo with sequencer running. Holly molly, a world of serious beat mangling opportunities opened up. All sorts of pseudo gated shit triggered by sequenced notes. Could easily spend my weekend doing this.

That does sound great. Any chance of letting us hear a bit of that if it’s OK with everyone? I’m sure there is plenty of us would love to hear some if it’s possible.

• It’s always coming soon 😂

• Are the alpha testing this as an AUv3 yet?

• @realdawei said:
    Are the alpha testing this as an AUv3 yet?

Cant speak for the others but for me it's roughly equal amount of time spent in both stand-alone and AUv3 as I do most of the sampling in the AUv3.

• What synth engine(s) will it have with 1st release? Will it include Impaktor style drum synthesis? Thanks

• November gimme: Gimme!

• edited November 2019
  • @Max23 said:
    Im just playing mix and match with 3 Different drambo projects in audiobus
    Some costume modular fx on top B)
    Holy shit Batman Papa Techno

I was lusting after hardware just this afternoon,
    Guess I am cured from that now :)
    Software rules.

First look at the icon! Nice one.

C'mon, when is it my turn to play? I feel like the little brother waiting for his turn on the Nintendo as Luigi....

This discussion has been closed.