Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

1343537394064

Comments

  • edited October 2019

    sample slicing tutorial

    Nice, but Mr. Elf when might a auto sampling feature arrive?

  • Having so much fun with this lately with landscape mode.

    Silly question.

    Is there a way to edit a sequence once it’s been recorded? Besides undo last action?

    Having a hard time recreating a few sequences with a couple sounds that don’t work so well.

  • wimwim
    edited October 2019

    @eyesunderground said:
    Having so much fun with this lately with landscape mode.

    Silly question.

    Is there a way to edit a sequence once it’s been recorded? Besides undo last action?

    Having a hard time recreating a few sequences with a couple sounds that don’t work so well.

    There's no way to edit a sequence, but why not just change out the sounds that aren't working so well and keep the sequence?

  • @eyesunderground said:
    Having so much fun with this lately with landscape mode.

    Silly question.

    Is there a way to edit a sequence once it’s been recorded? Besides undo last action?

    Having a hard time recreating a few sequences with a couple sounds that don’t work so well.

    If you just need to get rid of the offending sounds from a sequence you can just hold down the clear button while the sequence is running and tap the sounds that you don’t want anymore. You’ll have to hold + tap for each sound.. **just remember that this will clear all instances of that sound from that sequence.
    **Also, be careful that you don’t clear the whole sequence.. it will confirm with you before you actually do which is the polite thing to do.. 😀

  • @wim said:
    There's no way to edit a sequence, but why not just change out the sounds that aren't working so well and keep the sequence?

    That's what I've been doing mostly, but there are a few with the timing off just enough.

    @royor said:
    If you just need to get rid of the offending sounds from a sequence you can just hold down the clear button while the sequence is running and tap the sounds that you don’t want anymore. You’ll have to hold + tap for each sound.. **just remember that this will clear all instances of that sound from that sequence.
    **Also, be careful that you don’t clear the whole sequence.. it will confirm with you before you actually do which is the polite thing to do.. 😀

    Brilliant! That will work for most situations. Thanks a lot.

  • @eyesunderground Maybe make a copy of the sequence first, then try editing on that so the original stays as is.. just in case..

  • @kobamoto said:
    sample slicing tutorial

    Nice, but Mr. Elf when might a auto sampling feature arrive?

    excellent tutorial cool way to
    make evenly sized samples

  • @elf_audio said:

    This is great and really speeds up workflow on the iPad. Thank you!
    I am noticing that I can drag and drop .wav files but that aif and aiff files don't work. is that by design or am I doing something wrong? The files that I am trying to drag from the split-screen will load fine if I use the import audio option.

    Thanks again for the continued updates.

  • uhh meant auto slicing :) but yeah, we likes that.

  • Does your SP 404 do that?> @kobamoto said:

    uhh meant auto slicing :) but yeah, we likes that.

    Aye, we do. We also like choke groups, tweaking sequences and...

  • Note repeat must be added. Please?🙏🏽

    Loving this app btw. Super late to the party but Koala is my fav iPhone music app and it isn’t close.

  • edited November 2019

    @elf_audio Still using Koala daily I listed below a few things that could be added if possible.
    1. Multi Stem Export even if just 16 pads for now ( Bank A ) Or even better IAA multiple outs like Bleass Groovebox
    2. Song mode / Auto Jump to next sequence ( as an option in Settings)
    3. As Koala is used heavily for Resampling - pad mutes & pad solos would help a lot
    4. Name Pads - as of now its bit hard to remember the sounds used when doing a full production / beat
    5. UI skin options / colours
    6. Choke groups
    All that said though Koala is excellent

  • @elf_audio forgot to mention Hold Erase & Pad to delete a sound at chosen points within a sequence while its in play or record mode. Clear Pad is ok but that deletes the entire pad sequence.

  • edited November 2019

    Is there any way to assign the performance effects to MIDI CC sliders or knobs?

    Sorry if this was covered somewhere earlier in this thread, it wasn’t coming up in my searches.

  • wimwim
    edited November 2019

    @3sleeves said:
    Is there any way to assign the performance effects to MIDI CC sliders or knobs?

    Sorry if this was covered somewhere earlier in this thread, it wasn’t coming up in my searches.

    Sorry, note input to trigger pads, only.

  • @wim said:

    @3sleeves said:
    Is there any way to assign the performance effects to MIDI CC sliders or knobs?

    Sorry if this was covered somewhere earlier in this thread, it wasn’t coming up in my searches.

    Sorry, note input to trigger pads, only.

    That sure would be handy. I hope it’s on the radar of @elf_audio already.

    Sequence Play, Record, Previous, and Next assignable to CC would also be very useful.
    I’m envisioning a Sensel Morph layout just thinking about it...64 pads, 16 sliders, a few extra buttons.

  • Here's a little ditty I made last night:


    With Koala on the iPad Mini my SP404 GAS is relieved.

  • @3sleeves said:
    Here's a little ditty I made last night:


    With Koala on the iPad Mini my SP404 GAS is relieved.

    That's great. Did you play the guitar into the iPad, or is that a sample?

  • edited November 2019

    @ExAsperis99 Thanks! The guitar in this one is a chopped sample from a John McLaughlin tune, but I've been recording my acoustic bass into Koala with a Behringer UMC202HD interface in some other projects.

    The envelope and tone controls in the Koala editor are so simple yet so useful, I can really get my ideas fleshed out quickly with this app. The performance effects are a little fiddly, but not too hard to get comfortable with...might be easier with tick marks or some incremental indicators of the quantized steps (especially for delay, dub, stutter, gate, cutter).

  • Nice groove on that one!

  • @jipumarino said:
    @elf_audio is AUv3 in your plans for Koala at all?

    In any case: thank you! This is a truly inspirational app :)

    Question is : why, in 2020, editors are still developing apps without AUv3 support ? 🙄

  • Sorry if this was asked before... is there a way to delete just specific pads / sample notes from a sequence?

  • @Icepulse said:
    Sorry if this was asked before... is there a way to delete just specific pads / sample notes from a sequence?

    On the sequence view hold down ‘clear’ and then tap the pad you want to clear from the sequence

  • @jipumarino @BCKeys AUv3 will come eventually. My hesitation is that it would take a long time and it's something that doesn't add much more functionality than AB/IAA. I will get round to it, just got a few other things to do first. Can I ask why AUv3 is so important? (apart from IAA being marked as deprecated?)

    @Icepulse Yes there is a way to delete specific pads from a sequence, sorry it's not more obvious! - you hold clear down and press the pad you want to clear from the sequence - here's a little video of how to do it.

  • @elf_audio a couple of things I’d like to see are...

    • more midi control - change sequence, midi mappable control for fx
    • With fx I’d like a mode where when you release the fx button the fx tail plays out, like the reverb or delay tail.

    Otherwise still loving koala

  • @elf_audio said:
    @jipumarino @BCKeys AUv3 will come eventually. My hesitation is that it would take a long time and it's something that doesn't add much more functionality than AB/IAA. I will get round to it, just got a few other things to do first. Can I ask why AUv3 is so important? (apart from IAA being marked as deprecated?)

    Personally I'm happy without AUv3 because I use Koala standalone on my phone, but with AUv3, you could have several Koalas running at the same time, with for instance one running drum sequences and another doing melodies and another doing bass, with different effects added to each separately.

  • @JudasZimmerman said:

    @elf_audio said:
    @jipumarino @BCKeys AUv3 will come eventually. My hesitation is that it would take a long time and it's something that doesn't add much more functionality than AB/IAA. I will get round to it, just got a few other things to do first. Can I ask why AUv3 is so important? (apart from IAA being marked as deprecated?)

    Personally I'm happy without AUv3 because I use Koala standalone on my phone, but with AUv3, you could have several Koalas running at the same time, with for instance one running drum sequences and another doing melodies and another doing bass, with different effects added to each separately.

    For me it's this, plus state saving and being able to use it with NS2. Not overly important though; I'd continue to use it even it didn't become AUv3, as it does make sense as a standalone product.

  • +1 for at least one choke group or mono mode that will record to sequencer!

  • @elf_audio said:
    Can I ask why AUv3 is so important? (apart from IAA being marked as deprecated?)

    Yes you may.
    Koala is in a strange position, seemingly uses little resources but only runs on quite modern hardware.
    If it ran on a Mini 1 for example, it would be the ultimate no brainer "Go buy a second hand Mini 1 just for Koala" but because it needs a later more powerful iPad it begs to be used on said iPad with other software, that being the case then AU is simply the best way to do that, no ifs, no buts, just simply the best (and now officially the only) way to do that.

    This doesn't even cover statesaving, multi instance etc etc etc.

    Personally I would rather it ran on a mini 1, because i believe in hardware recycling and those are ten a penny now, but it is what it is and AU is a must.

  • @d4d0ug said:

    @Icepulse said:
    Sorry if this was asked before... is there a way to delete just specific pads / sample notes from a sequence?

    On the sequence view hold down ‘clear’ and then tap the pad you want to clear from the sequence

    Thank u.

Sign In or Register to comment.