Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom responsiveness ??

Anyone else having responsive issues with Atom?
Often when trying to set the end loop length the triangle does not respond to touch.
Very frustrating and afaik it’s the only au app that offers this midi note recording (surprisingly).

-thx

Comments

• The same here.

• Yep, i keep nagging AUM dev to have A simple midi recorder/looper built-in to AUM as a node but alas its up to the AUv3’s.

• This is a super useful tool to have and yet practically a void in the au app world.
    Oh dev’s please hear our cry.

@Faland said:
    The same here.

@[Deleted User] said:
    Yep, i keep nagging AUM dev to have A simple midi recorder/looper built-in to AUM as a node but alas its up to the AUv3’s.

• Same here only problem when setting loop length.

• @hibjshop said:
    Often when trying to set the end loop length the triangle does not respond to touch.
    Very frustrating and afaik it’s the only au app that offers this midi note recording (surprisingly).

-thx

Photon AU also does MIDI recording

• It would be great if we could determine the loop length by entering the number of beats with the numeric keypad

• If I remember correctly, changing the window size or zooming out and back unsticks it.

• BeatHawk records midi too

• @hibjshop said:

-thx

Yes same here.

• Photon has some issues

• I also found that if i tap and hold for a second it works a lit better for expanding the grid end marker.

• Yeah occasionally, but very unpredicable but thx

@wim said:
    If I remember correctly, changing the window size or zooming out and back unsticks it.

Had high hopes for this app but just not to my liking.

@espiegel123 said:

@hibjshop said:

-thx

Yeah that could be useful. Personally I’d like to see a free length recording mode.

@Faland said:
    It would be great if we could determine the loop length by entering the number of beats with the numeric keypad

• The loop marker takes several attempts sometimes, sometimes not.
    But it has never not worked, just takes perseverance.
    But it is flakey for sure.

• @espiegel123 said:

@hibjshop said:

-thx

Photon isn't properly a linear sequencer or it is in a weird way...

• @Faland said:

@espiegel123 said:

@hibjshop said:

-thx

It isn't s sequencer so much as a midi recorder with some looping and simple operations . It can also export/import MIDI. I was responding to OP's comment about MIDI recorder AUs.

@hibjshop : Photon does free recording.

• @hibjshop said:

-thx

Yep, setting loop length is often impossible for me now .. tried for a couple minutes last time I used it and just gave up in frustration. What iPad model + iOS version are you all using, for those who’re having this issue?
    2018 12.9 iPad Pro , iPadOS 13.2 here.

• Will probably be a good idea to save a bunch of blank templates at various common loop lengths as a sort of workaround until they fix the bug.

• I had this problem. I discovered (through angry, frustrated persistence) that if the loop marker is below other controls, then it doesn’t easily recognise touch. However, moving the view (with two fingers) so as to get the loop marker below an empty space in the UI, the marker becomes much more responsive (see picture).

• Oh, and try to aim your finger slightly above the natural place you would normally place it.

• @Beathoven thanks for the advise, tried it but not working well. Besides I need things working ‘correctly’ otherwise it becomes a workflow killer.
    I emailed the dev, glad to hear Im not the only one having an issue.

• just for the record last time i used photon there was syncing issues. Maybe even some missing notes. In the end i stopped using it.

• Photon AU also does MIDI recording

It isn't s sequencer so much as a midi recorder with some looping and simple operations . It can also export/import MIDI. I was responding to OP's comment about MIDI recorder AUs.

I just wanted to say that it cannot be considered a replacement for Atom because it has different characteristics. But you're right, it also records the Midi.

• edited November 2019

I saw screenshots showing the AUM start stop control and (wrongly) assumed that you would be able to automate that to trigger midi clips.

When it turned out that that wasn’t possible it reduced Atom’s usefulness to me significantly.

If they only add one feature to Atom I hope it’s allowing start stop automation.

It does seem due a maintenance update too.

• @klownshed said:
    I saw screenshots showing the AUM start stop control and (wrongly) assumed that you would be able to automate that to trigger midi clips.

When it turned out that that wasn’t possible it reduced Atom’s usefulness to me significantly.

If they only add one feature to Atom I hope it’s allowing start stop automation.

and midi cc recording

• Oooo I did not know this, Super useful thx!!!

Fyi you need to turn on “Enable midi output” in beat hawk midi preferences.
    AU realtime sequencer 👍🏼

@CracklePot said:
    BeatHawk records midi too

• @klownshed said:

I seem to recall the dev saying it would be getting a complete re-write on a thread on here somewhere. I could be wrong, but that’s my memory of it.

• @audio_DT said:

@klownshed said:

I seem to recall the dev saying it would be getting a complete re-write on a thread on here somewhere. I could be wrong, but that’s my memory of it.

That's correct. @blueveek what is the satus?

• edited November 2019

Glad to hear it thx!! It really leaves me scratching my head why theres not various fully functional creative au realtime midi sequencers available. Maybe Elektron will make a move.

How often do you set up a synth within aum, start playing and then just want to record a midi sequence, hassle free with limited routing?

@Pierre118 said:

@audio_DT said:

@klownshed said:

• @hibjshop said:
    Glad to hear it thx!! It really leaves me scratching my head why theres not various fully functional creative au realtime midi sequencers available. Maybe Elektron will make a move.

How often do you set up a synth within aum, start playing and then just want to record a midi sequence, hassle free with limited routing?

@Pierre118 said:

@audio_DT said:

@klownshed said:

Indeed. Atom does thus really well but it could definitely benefit from a lick of paint.

• edited November 2019

@CracklePot said:
    BeatHawk records midi too

...and it seems to be the best option for now if you want to record and edit notes and automation including MIDI CC.
    Did some fun experiments controlling AUv3 effect parameters inside AUM, like emulating Kai's FD1 delay.