Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auditor - Audio Editor by Living Memory Software

Comments

• If you could set loop points in the player it would be much more useful to me. Think I'll stick with MultiTrack Recorder for this purpose.

• @wim said:
    If you could set loop points in the player it would be much more useful to me. Think I'll stick with MultiTrack Recorder for this purpose.

I think the idea for this app is to do all the setup in the SA, then use the AU player to play them.
    The good loop tools are just in the SA, at least for now.

This app as a multilayer editor is my new favorite, but I still prefer MTR as the AU playback app when arranging my audio clips.

These 2 apps compliment each other well for me. The Files integration makes working in both really easy.

• @wim said:
    If you could set loop points in the player it would be much more useful to me. Think I'll stick with MultiTrack Recorder for this purpose.

Agreed hope that will come would save fluffing about with note triggers.

• edited November 2019

@wim said:

Can’t you set loop points in the separate AU “Sampler” that comes with apeMatrix? You can trigger Sampler with midi notes as well.

• why might someone want to get this app over something like 4pockets Chameleon sampler?

• @TimRussell said:
    why might someone want to get this app over something like 4pockets Chameleon sampler?

Auditor's primary use is as an audio editing app. The AU file player is not the main attraction.

The App Store description describes it fairly. If you read an wonder what you would use it for, you probably don't need it.

• It seems to me that this will be an improvement in terms of waveform editing compared to Audioshare. I love Audioshare, but its editing abilities are not its strongest suit. If this app can integrate with Audioshare and AUM and provide good editing and in the future the ability to set markers in the audio clips or slice to pads?

That sounds like a good product. (Although frankly, I had hoped Audioshare might have updated to include these features.)

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    It seems to me that this will be an improvement in terms of waveform editing compared to Audioshare. I love Audioshare, but its editing abilities are not its strongest suit. If this app can integrate with Audioshare and AUM and provide good editing and in the future the ability to set markers in the audio clips or slice to pads?

That sounds like a good product. (Although frankly, I had hoped Audioshare might have updated to include these features.)

Agreed. AudioShare almost meets all of my requirements, but I like what Auditor might become and I like the interface. Just hung up on potentially having to pay for IAPs every time the dev adds more functionality over what it has now.

Though, it appears the description mentioning the IAPs must've been edited because I no longer see it in there.

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

My basic rule of thumb: "If I won't be happy with the purchase as-is, then now isn't the time to buy." I simply never buy an app based on what it may become some day.

(There are exceptions, such as for Pure Acid, as I totally trust Jim Pavlov to add AU if he says he will and because it's less expensive now then it will be.)

• edited November 2019

@skiphunt said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    It seems to me that this will be an improvement in terms of waveform editing compared to Audioshare. I love Audioshare, but its editing abilities are not its strongest suit. If this app can integrate with Audioshare and AUM and provide good editing and in the future the ability to set markers in the audio clips or slice to pads?

Agreed. AudioShare almost meets all of my requirements, but I like what Auditor might become and I like the interface. Just hung up on potentially having to pay for IAPs every time the dev adds more functionality over what it has now.

Though, it appears the description mentioning the IAPs must've been edited because I no longer see it in there.

I don’t believe the App Store description has changed—I don’t think devs can change the description without submitting a new release. There is a mention in the manual of IAP AUs being added in the future.

• edited November 2019

@Jumpercollins said:
    Made a quick video showing my use of Auditor File Player in AUM it’s pretty efficient.

Got to admit.. this caused me to buy this promising app.. OP may want to mention an AU player is included..

Looking forward to Time-stretch, Slicer.... and hopefully, Key transpose (if it’s not already there).. .................. Serato?

• @espiegel123 said:

@skiphunt said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I don’t believe the App Store description has changed—I don’t think devs can change the description without submitting a new release. There is a mention in the manual of IAP AUs being added in the future.

There’s been a lot of talk on this board about supporting devs and apps being sustainable. The IAP is a way of doing that. There’s no free lunch folks.

• @anickt said:

@espiegel123 said:

@skiphunt said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

There’s been a lot of talk on this board about supporting devs and apps being sustainable. The IAP is a way of doing that. There’s no free lunch folks.

Shoot.. the app is almost comparable to my ‘Sound Forge Studio’ in early testing..

• @espiegel123 said:

@skiphunt said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Ahhh... that's where I saw it. I skimmed the manual. He might just be floating that out there just in case. I bet the first update has the new stuff he's mentioned... but with a little higher price. He's likely just leaving the door cracked for future IAPs.

Just a guess though.

• Just saying....The AU’s state saving is nice..

• Does this allow me to glue two separate audio files together?

• @TimRussell said:
    Does this allow me to glue two separate audio files together?

Yes.

• checks most of the boxes
    great manual from the jump
    dev seems responsive and determined

now gonna slip some Spanish Fly into AudioShare's drink and get it near the new girl ..Auditor
    check back in a few months

• Info from Living Memory Software:

• A video tutorial would, could be nice.. such a ‘deep’ app.. thanks for making..

• The manual is well written, very comprehensive - you're faster through it than through any video of similiar depth ;)

• @Telefunky said:
    The manual is well written, very comprehensive - you're faster through it than through any video of similiar depth ;)

+1 -- and the app is pretty simple. 10 minutes with the manual should be sufficient to learn what one needs to know.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Telefunky said:
    The manual is well written, very comprehensive - you're faster through it than through any video of similiar depth ;)

+1 -- and the app is pretty simple. 10 minutes with the manual should be sufficient to learn what one needs to know.

Ok.. thank you.. who needs any stupid videos anyway... 😩

• Can clips be overlapped and cross faded on the same track?

• @AudioGus said:
    Can clips be overlapped and cross faded on the same track?

In Auditor, overlapping regions on same track are always cross faded.

• @espiegel123 said:

@AudioGus said:

Also from the manual:

CROSSFADE LOOPER
    The Crossfade Looping tool is for creating loopable regions whose ends merge seamlessly into each other. This type of loop is ideal for creating ambient drones or infinite loops for audio with no discernable rhythm or beat. Using this tool you can quickly create loops that crossfade samples from either end of the selected loop region in the view.

• @royor said:

@espiegel123 said:

@AudioGus said:

Also from the manual:

CROSSFADE LOOPER
    The Crossfade Looping tool is for creating loopable regions whose ends merge seamlessly into each other. This type of loop is ideal for creating ambient drones or infinite loops for audio with no discernable rhythm or beat. Using this tool you can quickly create loops that crossfade samples from either end of the selected loop region in the view.

Sold

• edited November 2019

@espiegel123 said:

@AudioGus said:

Can you select the amount of crossfade range? Could a brother get a screenshot?

(EDIT: oh, wrong thread, err, whoops)

• edited November 2019

@royor said:

@espiegel123 said:

@AudioGus said:

Also from the manual:

CROSSFADE LOOPER

That doesn't sound like what I am thinking of. Not interested in crossfade looping. Just curious what the native behavior is when you overlap clips and how effective it is at blending them. (have not bought it yet)

Edit: oh snap, I think I may be confusing this app with that AU multi track one. (which I also have not bought yet) ;)

• I think I might want this...

I know I can do everything I want to do with Auria Pro, but often I don't really need all the options in Auria. Yes, I know that's a DAW and Auditor is an editor.

Could I do this easily in Auditor: import a field recording, create a loop out of it that goes for about 5mins. Then, import more field recordings, trim them and add fades on each end, adjust the level of each, then composite them on separate layers above the first looped 5min layer.... then export the whole composite as one stereo file?

In the batch edit mode... when I make a bunch of field recordings, they're all named with the date/time/etc. Can I batch rename a bunch of different recordings that I did at a specific location, ie. "parkrecording" and have Auditor rename them all sequentially "parkrecording1" "parkrecording2" etc.?