Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Setup midi in Audiobus

in which cases is it useful to manage midi connections via audiobus?
and what differences are there with separate midi management with modstep?(without loading modstep midi port inside audiobus).
Thanks

Comments

• In the case of the handful of apps that built Audiobus midi in quite useful.

• Also, when you want to MIDI-sync hardware to apps that don’t have midi. Or that use Ableton Link.

• @mistercharlie said:
    Also, when you want to MIDI-sync hardware to apps that don’t have midi. Or that use Ableton Link.

This is one power feature of AB3 :+1:

AB3 can also create a virtual MIDI bridge for other apps that require it. Some apps don't create one and therefore might not be compatible with others which only read from this one, and here's the rescue.
    I believe to remember that creating a virtual MIDI port was the way how I managed to sync Samplr with other apps many years ago (did it with FreEWI back then).

• I use it to sync Blocs with an OP-Z. The sync is rock solid. The only problem is that Blocs stops producing audio (but that’s an old Blocs Wave problem).

In fact, I use AB more for MIDI than for audio these days.