Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fun with Triplets, Dotted ++

Quick demo of my new machine, enjoy-!

Comments

• What machine are you referring to?

• edited November 2019

With Audiobus, StepPolyArp, Streambyter, and Xequence, i put together a drum setup that drives Nanostudio.
    Instead of putting beats directly on the piano roll, this takes advantage of StepPolyArp's normal, triplet, and dotted note speeds.

A basic pattern is sequenced in SPAU, and instances are made for 10 drum sounds.
    This allows me to place one long 'note' on the piano roll, and have the drum sound play the pattern at various speeds.
    It also lets me mix up time signatures, and experiment with making new beats.

I've taken the beat grid of SPAU, and placed it as an abstraction within the grid of Xequence, so that I can make actual triplets or dotted beats on a 4/4 grid at will. It can then render the drum pattern onto another track to be saved or modified in the usual way.

In this vid, I play the command tracks (Kick, Hit, Cym) which drive SPAU using Streambyter, to record onto a new track. I have a look at the Streambyter code driving SPAU, and look at an instance as it switches patterns to send notes on time to Nanostudio. Then I mute the command tracks and solo the rendered track to have it drive Nanostudio, bypassing the setup in Audiobus. I open the rendered track to look at a triplet drumroll on the 4/4 grid, then switch back to muting the rendered track and have the commands drive again

Posted here to show the possibilities/capabilities, and hopefully inspire to think out of the box-!
    Hope you like...

• @Zetagy said:
    With Audiobus, StepPolyArp, Streambyter, and Xequence, i put together a drum setup that drives Nanostudio.
    Instead of putting beats directly on the piano roll, this takes advantage of StepPolyArp's normal, triplet, and dotted note speeds.

A basic pattern is sequenced in SPAU, and instances are made for 10 drum sounds.
    This allows me to place one long 'note' on the piano roll, and have the drum sound play the pattern at various speeds.
    It also lets me mix up time signatures, and experiment with making new beats.

I've taken the beat grid of SPAU, and placed it as an abstraction within the grid of Xequence, so that I can make actual triplets or dotted beats on a 4/4 grid at will. It can then render the drum pattern onto another track to be saved or modified in the usual way.

In this vid, I play the command tracks (Kick, Hit, Cym) which drive SPAU using Streambyter, to record onto a new track. I have a look at the Streambyter code driving SPAU, and look at an instance as it switches patterns to send notes on time to Nanaostudio. Then I mute the command tracks and solo the rendered track to have it drive Nanostudio, bypassing the setup in Audiobus. I open the rendered track to look at a triplet drumroll on the 4/4 grid, then switch back to muting the rendered track and have the commands drive again

Posted here to show the possibilities/capabilities, and hopefully inspire to think out of the box-!
    Hope you like...

I do like. Very impressive, too. I'd never have thought of that but might have a need in s bit 👍

• Excellent stuff here 👍