Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which instrument app(s) convinced you that you could make ‘proper’ music on iOS?

For me, as a relative newcomer, it was Funkbox, closely followed by NeoSoul Keys Studio and Moog Model D.

Comments

• I'm still not convinced I can. But the examples from others prove it's possible.

Historically, iGrand, iLectric for iPad, SampleTank.

• For me it was when I discovered Nanostudio. I had Reason on PC but to me having a similar workflow on a compact touchscreen was a match made in heaven.

I downloaded this Rhianna acapella, chopped it up into sections using Audacity and loaded them into a TRG kit and off I went. Making digital music never felt so at home.

• edited November 2019

Ripplemaker, AUM, KQ Dixie.

Also, I don't know what proper music is. 🙂

• Korg Gadget in my case, great app.

• First Caustic. Now Auria Pro, Drum Perfect Pro and iSymphonic.

• NanoStudio and Caustic

• Anymoog was my first ”another level” instrument on iPhone (now iPad)

• Figure and Audiobus. Then AUM.

• edited November 2019

Started saving for my first iPad about halfway through watching this video

• iSymphonic and BeatHawk IAPs

• NanoStudio 2 and curating my own sound kits. Before that, every app I was using would crash consistently, randomly.

• NanoStudio 1 on my iPhone 3s. It was :heart: at first sight.

• Korg Gadget

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Waldorf Nave

• Downloading iMS-20 and hearing the SyNc demo.

• edited November 2019

I could tell something was going on when Auria came out - and I bought it but didn’t really know what to do with it tbh (still very much into desktop stuff then). Then I bought Auria Pro because of the MIDI but it was harder to get going in than I thought.

I think weirdly it was Sunrizer that made me sit up and take notice. I just loved some of the sounds (Count Padula, anyone?) and needed to do more with it. Then the addiction took hold...

• Nanostudio 1 ... when i saw first teaser, before it was released, immediately ordered iPod touch. Day before release was last day i made music on desktop computer/notebook :) Pure iOS production only since jun 2010 :-)

• edited November 2019

Caustic 3.2

What took me 30 mins to do on my MPC500 I could do in 5 mins in Caustic :)
    (I do have to say I really liked that MPC, I would love to have a MPC-1000 instead)

• @qryss said:
    I could tell something was going on when Auria came out - and I bought it but didn’t really know what to do with it tbh (still very much into desktop stuff then). Then I bought Auria Pro because of the MIDI but it was harder to get going in than I thought.

I think weirdly it was Sunrizer that made me sit up and take notice. I just loved some of the sounds (Count Padula, anyone?) and needed to do more with it. Then the addiction took hold...

Sunrizer "Count Padula" + 1 , and then the addiction + 10 B)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Audiobus.

+1

Before that arrived it was mostly noodling on single apps.

• Synthmaster One...without this it would be very hard to continue with iOS.

• edited November 2019

IBassist/FutureDrummer... Lumbeat apps not just convinced me that I can create music on iOS, but , they convinced me that iOS is superior to desktop in music creating tools.. not discounting the other great developers here..

Jesus, do you remember how long one would have to wait for an update on desktop?

Edit.. you don’t get any better than this..

Well.. let’s see what Jazz Drummer has installed..

• edited November 2019

My first Tony: Beatmaker 1 on iPod Touch 3.
    That's eleven years ago!

• Pretty much the reason I got into iOS.

• Cubasis... I tried Gadget and Xequence first, but I needed that analog feel and look. @RajahP, that was nicely done. Fun to watch.

• StepPolyArp, hands down.

• AUM, EOS2, Fabfilter, Klevgränd
    Still waiting for a desktop class DAW and more sample instruments to take the plunge.