Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

JAX Decimator - Audio Degradation FX (AUv3) Demo for the iPad - FREE for a Limited Time

Comments

• Thanks as usual Doug!

• Yep. Nice one Doug, thanks.

• edited November 2019

Raising the left slider on the effective frequency range and modulating the sample rate can produce some interesting effects that look cool in JAF Stereo Tool.

• @mojozart said:
    Raising the left slider on the effective frequency range and modulating the sample rate can produce some interesting effects that look cool in JAF Stereo Tool.

Thanks for that..I’ve had Stereo Tool for a while but never used it — Sequencing the Audio Degredator + stereo tool (and especially it’s invert function) is the closest I’ve been able to get to OTO Biscuit sounds on iOS. Endless glitchy fun with those :)

• edited November 2019

Holy schnitzels, that “bit-depth” knob is nuts! Could have called the app “Terminator” instead. Adding some danger to AUv3, in case things were getting a little too safe.😄

Thanks for the app, and the video demo. BTW, catchy tune @thesoundtestroom. Good stuff all around.

• Great stuff indeed. I think apps like this should come with a reminder to always put a limiter after it in the effects chain. They don’t yet offer ear transplants.

• McDMcD
    edited November 2019

@Philandering_Bastard said:
    Great stuff indeed. I think apps like this should come with a reminder to always put a limiter after it in the effects chain. They don’t yet offer ear transplants.

Good point. Is there a Limiter in the default AUM that could be configured for any new track or a template feature to pre-load buses and have a master limiter before the master output?

I've had too many close calls but not often enough to have the habit.

The ApeFilter has similar corner cases where it can blow out your ears.

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@McD said:

Great stuff indeed. I think apps like this should come with a reminder to always put a limiter after it in the effects chain. They don’t yet offer ear transplants.

Good point. Is there a Limiter in the default AUM that could be configured for any new track
    or a template feature to pre-load buses and have a master limiter before the master output?

It's possible to import channels from other presets in both AUM and AudioBus. The details of how this is done are a bit different in each app, but the idea is the same. Set up some templates, and then add them to the project you're working on. couple extra steps.

• @wim said:
    It's possible to import channels from other presets in both AUM and AudioBus. The details of how this is done are a bit different in each app, but the idea is the same. Set up some templates, and then add them to the project you're working on. couple extra steps.

Thanks. When AUM starts it offers "load last session" too and I could pass the habit along
    after using your suggestions to craft a good template with a mixbus ready for recording.

I'm also thinking of preloading the @BlueMangoo Visual Mixer as a general practice and delete them when the CPU runs low.

• @McD said:

Good point. Is there a Limiter in the default AUM that could be configured for any new track or a template feature to pre-load buses and have a master limiter before the master output?

The ApeFilter has similar corner cases where it can blow out your

I’ve been conditioned like Pavlov‘s dogs. I see apesoft / Amazing Noises and my inner DI starts screaming „Limiter you maggot!“