Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iLoud monitors vs the original iLoud.

Anyone used both? I love the original, and I wonder if the new ones are as good/better/worse?

Comments

• I haven’t used both. I assume by monitors u mean the 2 little speakers? I use them everyday, in favor of Yamaha hs80, Mackie 824’s and a few others. They are so nice and clean on my minimalist desk. I’m not doing ultra mixes on them or anything but for making beats and getting approximate levels they work for me.

• edited November 2019

The new ones (the iLoud MTM) are extremely good but they have one big flaw: the bass ports are suffering from port noise when playing low-end rich content at medium to high volume. I've sent them back because of this. It's a shame because outside of this major problem they are very good, especially after doing the calibration (it really helped in my completely untreated room). I really hope that IK Multimedia will one day make a new version that is physically bigger to overcome the current problems (I think the bass ports are just too small to reproduce the low frequencies at higher volumes without chuffing).

• I have and recommend both. Original is best for traveling because of battery. Sound is great. I take to create at parks, beach, etc. Con is you can’t connect two for true stereo.

As @ipadbeatmaking mentioned the Micros are great editions to minimal setups and pack a punch you’d have to see to believe based on size. I have mine mounted ear level on 3/4” threading I bought from the hardware store and mounted with clamps.

Just won a new pair of the upgraded version of Micros so I have an extra pair of Gen1 if anyone wants to save by buying used.

• The original is fantastic. I may just stick with that, as I don’t need to replace my Yamahas in the studios. And good point about the battery. I didn’t think about the micros not being battery powered. That makes the original a lot better for travel.

@WillieNegus said:

Just won a new pair of the upgraded version of Micros so I have an extra pair of Gen1 if anyone wants to save by buying used.

What’s the difference between the versions?

• edited November 2019

@mistercharlie I haven’t had a chance to use them for production yet but I did hear an exponential difference in sound quality streaming Tidal Hi Fi. They sound much better than my Sonos Play 5s without me adjusting any of the onboard EQs and Shelves. They also came with a self calibrater that’s supposed to optimize them for any space.

That said, I was super satisfied with the gen1s. No complaint at all so I doubt I would have paid for the upgrade to the MtMs.

• edited November 2019

Biggest notable difference is Low End. MTMs sound rivals 8-10” monitors. I really don’t know how Ik accomplishes it at this size

• 350$ per speaker?!!!! Whoa...that’s steep

• edited November 2019

@WillieNegus so definitely worth getting for use as monitors? Bear in mind that I already own the original.

@ipadbeatmaking That price is for the pair. EDIT: sorry, I thought you meant the iLouds were $350 each!

EDIT 2: ok, finally I realized the MTM is a fancier iLoud Micro Monitor. :*

• edited November 2019

@mistercharlie said:
    @WillieNegus so definitely worth getting for use as monitors? Bear in mind that I already own the original.

@ipadbeatmaking That price is for the pair.

I would say the original Micros are very good monitors if you don’t need low end. There isn’t much there without a connected sub. More than Yamaha H5s but that’s isn’t really saying much.

The MtMs are amazing but as @ipadbeatmaking said, $700 is steep. I haven’t run them through the paces enough to recommend that investment yet but I’ll keep you posted.

He’s correct it’s $350 a monitor 😬

*Edit

I did spend $1100 for 2 Sonos Play 5s and on first listen the MTMs sounded better, look better and have built in EQ.

As monitors I can’t really give any info as I only set them up and listened to a few songs on Tidal. I’ll be back East in a week I’ll have more info and perhaps a video to compare the Micros and MTMs

• They are physics defying monitors already (the gen 1) but I don’t know if 700$ is worth the price compared to the bigger monitors (with gen 2 at the same/similar size as gen 1). I’d of course have to listen myself to judge, but first gut check says $500 should be the cap for something like this ($250 a speaker). It’s simply impossible to move the air of a bigger woofer with that smaller design. Honestly a lot of soundbar wireless sub woofer combos can get u a great approximation also and they are in the $100-200 range. Anyways, I love the gen 1’s and think they are very nice and a great value. Reaching into the big boy prices on those version 2, is well, a reach 😂

• @WillieNegus said:
    Biggest notable difference is Low End. MTMs sound rivals 8-10” monitors. I really don’t know how Ik accomplishes it at this size

Just seen this...are u serious?!

• edited November 2019

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@WillieNegus said:

Promise. It messed me up bro Granted I’m going by mastered HiFi music through Tidal and they definitely compared well to my Yamaha 8s. It’s crazy.

But tell me you didn’t have the same skepticism when listening to the Micros.lol. I know damn well you couldn’t imagine they’d compare to HS5s?

IK must have kidnapped some wizards I tell ya 🤷🏽‍♂️

• @WillieNegus said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@WillieNegus said:

Promise. It messed me up bro Granted I’m going by mastered HiFi music through Tidal and they definitely compared well to my Yamaha 8s. It’s crazy.

But tell me you didn’t have the same skepticism when listening to the Micros.lol. I know damn well you couldn’t imagine they’d compare to HS5s?

IK must have kidnapped some wizards I tell ya 🤷🏽‍♂️

And they’re the same size?

• No theyre chunkier and quite a bit heavier @ipadbeatmaking

• @WillieNegus said:
    No theyre chunkier and quite a bit heavier @ipadbeatmaking

Looks like it takes real power monitor cable and xlr input. No Bluetooth on this? A lot of the fun, easy, portable elements of the gen 1’s are out on these it seems. They went pro.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@WillieNegus said:
    No theyre chunkier and quite a bit heavier @ipadbeatmaking

Looks like it takes real power monitor cable and xlr input. No Bluetooth on this? A lot of the fun, easy, portable elements of the gen 1’s are out on these it seems. They went pro.

Definitely pro. Even though the Micros pack serious sound and look good, they still have a desktop computer speaker feel build wise. There is no mistaking MTMs for anything but pro monitors. My girlfriend walked in, saw them and immediately asked how much which translates to “that shit looks expensive”.lol