Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can the new zenbeats receive midi on audio fix auv3s such as voice synth?

Can the new zenbeats update receive midi on audio fix auv3s such as voice synth?

Also who is best to ping with an @ on here regarding zenbeats questions?

Comments

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

I don’t think it can. At least Stagelight couldn’t, and I haven’t seen any release notes about that having changed.

@MatthewAtZenbeats is the Zenbeats contact.

• No midi routing on Audio/Send channels :(

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@wim said:
    I don’t think it can. At least Stagelight couldn’t, and I haven’t seen any release notes about that having changed.

Actually, I was wrong. You can midi learn the AU FX parameters.

• With the plugin open, select the icon with the four squares at the top left of the screen, then select “Show Parameters”.
    • Expand the transport controls area by touching the > at the right of it. Then select the icon that looks like a loop to get to midi learn.
    • Touch the slider for the control you want to automate, then send midi to it.
  • wimwim
    edited November 2019

@Korakios said:
    No midi routing on Audio/Send channels :(

The same method as above works for automating controls on the send channels. Is that not what you wanted to do?

• @wim said:

@wim said:

• With the plugin open, select the icon with the four squares at the top left of the screen, then select “Show Parameters”.
    • Expand the transport controls area by touching the > at the right of it. Then select the icon that looks like a loop to get to midi learn.

Thanks so much for this!! What about au fx receiving midi notes? Voice synth can transpose incoming audio based on midi note input(works beautifully in AUM). Can this be implemented in zenbeats?

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@annahahn said:

@wim said:

@wim said:

Thanks so much for this!! What about au fx receiving midi notes? Voice synth can transpose incoming audio based on midi note input(works beautifully in AUM). Can this be implemented in

It seems so, but I don’t have Voice Synth, so I can’t say for sure, I tried with Rozeta XOX on a channel, and was able to change patterns by sending C1, D1, etc.

[edit] I think Harmonizr was working with midi notes sent to it as well.

Ymmv

• @wim said:

@Korakios said:

The same method as above works for automating controls on the send channels. Is that not what you wanted to do?

The OP wanted to send notes to an audio FX, it's different .

• Just tried FAC Envolver in Zenbeats which is an au effect that sends midi cc’s. I couldn’t work out how to get those midi cc’s to be received by anything. Is this the same problem?

• Yes , audio channels have no midi IO

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@Korakios said:

@wim said:

@Korakios said:

@Korakios said:

@wim said:

@Korakios said:

You can send notes to an audio FX on an instrument track. I tried it last night. If to an an audio track, you’re right, it hasn’t changed and you can’t do it. Sorry @annahahn if that’s what you meant - I didn’t understand that from your original post.

• @wim said:

You are correct in that this is not possible at this time, but thank you for requesting this feature.

• edited December 2019

Very pleased to have come across this thread. The one thing stopping me using Stagelight and now Zenbeats was not being able to have external midi knob control of my beloved Turnado. I was previously told by the developers that you couldn’t send midi cc’s to AU FX (echoing their response above).

I followed wim’s instructions and was able, in Zenbeats, to midi learn my Bluetooth midi controller knobs to Turnado (in the Master track FX slot). Brilliant news. I just also tried it in Stagelight and it turns out I could do it there all along... let’s hope they use some Roland money to finally write a user guide.

Haven’t tried midi notes to FX yet, don’t want to spoil the fun I’m going to have just as soon as I post this...

• @steve99 said:
    Very pleased to have come across this thread. The one thing stopping me using Stagelight and now Zenbeats was not being able to have external midi knob control of my beloved Turnado. I was previously told by the developers that you couldn’t send midi cc’s to AU FX (echoing their response above).

I followed wim’s instructions and was able, in Zenbeats, to midi learn my Bluetooth midi controller knobs to Turnado (in the Master track FX slot). Brilliant news. I just also tried it in Stagelight and it turns out I could do it there all along... let’s hope they use some Roland money to finally write a user guide.

Haven’t tried midi notes to FX yet, don’t want to spoil the fun I’m going to have just as soon as I post this...

I couldn’t get notes to work on AUV3 fix except for plugs like voicesynth that have their own internal routing protocol

• Turnado (also sends midi out when turning knobs in the plugin UI.
    Can you record these in Zenbeats?

Would be great to have this functionality in Zenbeats the same way you can enable Write and Read automation in Cubasis using the UI of a plugin.

• @tpj said:
    Turnado (also sends midi out when turning knobs in the plugin UI.
    Can you record these in Zenbeats?

Would be great to have this functionality in Zenbeats the same way you can enable Write and Read automation in Cubasis using the UI of a plugin.

ZB doesn’t record UI movements for Turnado but you can draw in automation for any parameter while it’s playing back which works pretty well.