Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Idea for an app

A cool app concept would be a AUv3 host that would record quantized gesture loops just like Samplr does, but with speed scaling and fwd/reverse on top of it.

... somekind of Playground for AUv3.

Comments

• @Philippe said:
    A cool app concept would be a AUv3 host that would record quantized gesture loops just like Samplr does, but with speed scaling and fwd/reverse on top of it.

... somekind of Playground for AUv3.

I am happy that people recognize Playground’s quality in their gesture system - it’s really unique and rich and I would also love if they provide it as a separate MIDI app (or AUv3, but not necessarily), ideally with some ability to build your own interface from various components. There was actually a questionnaire from the developer some time ago where they asked users about their ideas for the future. If I’ll find it and it’s still available, I’ll post it here.

• ... or somekind of Samplr for AUv3 ...

• I know it's quite different but Nanostudio's Slate sampler has 32 pads that you can play by sliding your finger over them. Not every DAW does this. You can place any sample on any pad, leave spaces in between, whatever you like. If you use quantized recording, during the next loop, your gestures will already be played back quantized and unlike in Playground, you can use your own favorite samples and edit the recorded notes without limits.

It feels like you're copying your cat playing the iPad for the first time but so does Playground and we're allowed to have some fun, right? ;)

• Thanks, but I am not really looking for a workaround. I simply want to say out loud an idea that I think might have a lot of potential given the amount of AUv3 out there.
    Such a host would make automation much more focused on playing than programming.

• edited November 2019

@Philippe said:
    Thanks, but I am not really looking for a workaround. I simply want to say out loud an idea that I think might have a lot of potential given the amount of AUv3 out there.
    Such a host would make automation much more focused on playing than programming.

How about making it a MIDI AUv3 itself so it can be used and automated in any host?
    Basically a customizable MIDI controller that sends beat-synced MIDI notes when swiping over an area of user-configurable areas?

I bet that @SevenSystems could do it! :smiley:
    Xequence AU | Pads has a similar concept already and it could be extended to what you've described.
    The first addon would be beat-synchronous MIDI triggers like in Playground.

• Any dev in the room?
    How hard would it be to make an AUv3 host that would read and record gesture "layers" on top of UI à la Samplr or Playground?