Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rozeta bassline clock divider

Hi Guys,

Do you know by any chance a way to divide the bassline sequencer?
Maybe there is an midi effect app that could achieve that?

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Do you mean play it slower? Or faster? Or?

I would record the Rozeta output into Atom Piano Roll, then speed up or slow down the playback in there. It has options to alter the playback speed related to the clock or free from it.

Or, if I’m doing more than jamming, I’d record the output to Xequence 2 and use the clip scaling options there.

• Funny! I just recently pretty please'd @brambos for a X2 and /2 in the Rozeta sequencers :smile:

• @wim said:
    Do you mean play it slower? Or faster? Or?

Exactly. I’m using modular synth so I guess idea came from there. Dependes on the goal I would like to speed it up or slow it down. Basic way would be x2 or /2 but there are more possibilities here.

@gusgranite said:
    Funny! I just recently pretty please'd @brambos for a X2 and /2 in the Rozeta sequencers :smile:

Great minds thinks alike! Was there any reply on that?

• @sly said:

@wim said:

Exactly. I’m using modular synth so I guess idea came from there. Dependes on the goal I would like to speed it up or slow it down. Basic way would be x2 or /2 but there are more possibilities here.

@gusgranite said:
    Funny! I just recently pretty please'd @brambos for a X2 and /2 in the Rozeta sequencers :smile:

Great minds thinks alike! Was there any reply on that?

Well to be fair to @brambos he has already said no more feature requests for Rozeta and that he has moved on.

I was just whistling in the wind... 😙

• @gusgranite Been wanting that as well...

• The Atom workaround is relatively easy.

• Definitly need this and please add the VARIATION from the standalone app to BASSLINE too. It's boring to run Riplemaker or Troublemaker as standalone to drive an AU only to have the variation option. Its an essential feature.
    Please Bram ad this o:)

• Ok guys! I just found out about Bram’s new app called Mozaic. I will buy it this week and try to write a midi clock divider.

• @wim said:

I would record the Rozeta output into Atom Piano Roll, then speed up or slow down the playback in there. It has options to alter the playback speed related to the clock or free from it.

Or, if I’m doing more than jamming, I’d record the output to Xequence 2 and use the clip scaling options there.

Is it only Xequence 2 that can do midi scaling? I’m still hanging on to the original Xequence at the moment. Can NS2 do it as well, do you know? Thx

• edited November 2019

@gusgranite said:

@wim said:

Is it only Xequence 2 that can do midi scaling? I’m still hanging on to the original Xequence at the moment. Can NS2 do it as well, do you know? Thx

I haven't seen any other app with this feature.

ATOM (the AUv3) plugin can do time scaling but it has very limited controller support on the other hand.

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@gusgranite said:

@wim said:

Only X2 can do the midi scaling thing, to my knowledge. And Atom, in a different way.

Modstep can clock divide its patterns.

• @sly said:
    Ok guys! I just found out about Bram’s new app called Mozaic. I will buy it this week and try to write a midi clock divider.

It’s not really feasible to divide the clock being fed into Bassline, as plugins use host sync, not MIDI clock

• A Mozaic or Streambyter clock divider script would really help with this. Been wanting something similar.

• edited November 2019

I've always wanted this as part of Rozeta too, but I think as a live scripting add-on I can't see how it would work other than as part of a looper script, recording the bassline output and then dividing the clock.

• slysly
    edited November 2019

@Carnbot said:
    I've always wanted this as part of Rozeta too, but I think as a live scripting add-on I can't see how it would work other than as part of a looper script, recording the bassline output and then dividing the clock.

@jipumarino said:

@sly said:
    Ok guys! I just found out about Bram’s new app called Mozaic. I will buy it this week and try to write a midi clock divider.

It’s not really feasible to divide the clock being fed into Bassline, as plugins use host sync, not MIDI clock

This makes sense. Somehow I haven’t though of that. But as far as I remember the Arpeggio plugin from rozeta has clock divider. Wonder has this is implemented there..

• edited November 2019

@sly said:

@Carnbot said:

@jipumarino said:

@sly said:

This makes sense. Somehow I haven’t though of that. But as far as I remember the Arpeggio plugin from rozeta has clock divider. Wonder has this is implemented there..

Ah, that's because Rozeta Arpeggio's output are MIDI notes, not MIDI clock messages. You could try to "divide" the output of Bassline, but that can be tricky because you would need to accumulate notes somehow if the output is slower than the input.

Edit: actually, you can just discard those and use the last received note, but that would be the same as actually using Arpeggio, right?