Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can you control one iPad from another?

Hey guys, I use to control my desktop computers screens from my iPad with a VPN app called Jumpdesktop, is there a way to control one iPad screen from another? My studio is pretty big and I need to be able to set up a second or third iPad at various clusters of hardware synths in the studio and manipulate Cubasis on the main iPad so I don’t have to walk across the room to hit record, punch in, switch effects, etc. Thanks 🎹

Comments

• You can use a wireless mouse , a keyboard or voice control from across the room as well as switch control from one iOS device to another What attaching your iPad to a large monitor and using a wireless mouse is the easiest way to achieve what you’re talking about. I have tutorials for all of this on my page on YouTube. Just look up at her prodwhat attaching your iPad to a large monitor and using a wireless mouse is the easiest way to achieve what you’re talking about. I have tutorials for all of this on my page on YouTube. Just look up bedheadproducer

• edited November 2019

Not sure about screen mirroring, but you can do Bluetooth MIDI between iOS devices.

Midimittr will let you advertise your device over Bluetooth:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/midimittr/id925495245

As for mappable controller apps I’m not sure, sometimes I use KB-1 or Chordion for playing but I’m not certain the transport controls would sync to Cubasis. Maybe someone else can comment on TouchOSC or Lemur as controllers, those might work for your setup.

• @cloudswimmer said:
    Hey guys, I use to control my desktop computers screens from my iPad with a VPN app called Jumpdesktop, is there a way to control one iPad screen from another? My studio is pretty big and I need to be able to set up a second or third iPad at various clusters of hardware synths in the studio and manipulate Cubasis on the main iPad so I don’t have to walk across the room to hit record, punch in, switch effects, etc. Thanks 🎹

How do you control your hardware synths from the iPads?
    And what software are you using for remote-controlling Cubasis?

• edited November 2019

yep I do it all the time I control Auria Pro with another ipad running DAW Comtrol its like a mackie control surface https://apps.apple.com/us/app/daw-control/id574125383

• edited November 2019

Apps that have Ableton Link v2 onboard can start and stop each other over wifi with no limit on amount of devices.

Audiobus 3 has this functionality so any app that displays a play button when hosted in AB3 inherits this functionality automatically.

• @Shazamm said:
    yep I do it all the time I control Auria Pro with another ipad running DAW remote its like a mackie control surface

That’s it! Thanks Shazamm 👍🎹

• Ok I give up .. where exactally do I find the app .. only thing I can find is Daw Remote HD and it’s old and won’t even run on IOS 11 Thanks against S

@Shazamm said:
    yep I do it all the time I control Auria Pro with another ipad running DAW remote its like a mackie control surface

• @cloudswimmer said:
    Ok I give up .. where exactally do I find the app .. only thing I can find is Daw Remote HD and it’s old and won’t even run on IOS 11 Thanks against S

@Shazamm said:

LEt me see if I can grab the link for you

• @cloudswimmer said:
    Ok I give up .. where exactally do I find the app .. only thing I can find is Daw Remote HD and it’s old and won’t even run on IOS 11 Thanks against S

@Shazamm said:

My bad its called Daw Control https://apps.apple.com/us/app/daw-control/id574125383

• @Shazamm said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@Shazamm said:

My bad its called Daw Control https://apps.apple.com/us/app/daw-control/id574125383

Would love to know the specifics on how you set this up in Auria pro. I tried this very set up a few years ago and could not get it to work even with the help of the developers of aria pro.

• @audiobussy said:

@Shazamm said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@Shazamm said:

Would love to know the specifics on how you set this up in Auria pro. I tried this very set up a few years ago and could not get it to work even with the help of the developers of aria pro.

I had both ipads on the same wifi network and it gave me no problems not sure what happened years ago for you

• @Shazamm said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@Shazamm said:

Why does this app have such bad ratings?
    What iPad and iOS are you running it on?

• Sweet! Ok just to recap you are controlling Auria Pro on one iPad from another iPad running the DAW control app? Have you tried running Cubasis as well with it? Thanks again S

@Shazamm said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@Shazamm said:

• Ok I just got DAW control, and I got it working with Auria on the same iPad, so what settings do I need to change on the iPads to get them to talk to each other over my WiFi?

@Shazamm said:

@audiobussy said:

@Shazamm said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@Shazamm said:

I had both ipads on the same wifi network and it gave me no problems not sure what happened years ago for you

• edited November 2019

@Shazamm

Which default template did you use in DAW Control?

And which Settings did you use an Auria? A screenshot of Auria would be most appreciated

• @audiobussy said:
    @Shazamm

Which default template did you use in DAW Control?

And which Settings did you use an Auria? A screenshot of Auria would be most appreciated

Well under presets it only gives me 2 choices .. Default or HUI/Prootools, so I chose Default. In Auria settings under midi .. core MIDI inputs .. Network Session 1 .. Receive Remote, then core MIDI outputs .. Network Session 1 .. Send Remote

I snapped a screenshot and went to up it to flickr but Flickr has migrated away from Yahoo and I just lost my account and all photos from the past 11 years. I tried there migration instructions to no avail. Not real happy bout that one being a photographer 😡

• @cloudswimmer What you suggested did not work for me. Does that work for you?

• edited November 2019

@audiobussy said:
    @cloudswimmer What you suggested did not work for me. Does that work for you?

Nahh didn’t work for me either. DAW control does work for me though running it on the same iPad as Auria Pro .. but what’s the point in that lol. Think I’ll try Aurialink next which is under settings general .. suppose to be able to link two Aurias together for an expanded mixer. Will report back later.

• @audiobussy said:

Ok just tried Aurialink and that worked like a treat, uses Bluetooth, had my old iPad 3 as master and iPad Pro as slave, only problem is I like Cubasis a lot better, guess if I’m working on a tune in Cubasis and want to add some hardware synth tracks I’ll mix down the Cubasis project .. save the .wav to Dropbox .. then import it into Auria and lay down my tracks .. send those tracks stems to Dropbox .. then import them back into Cubasis, unless someone’s got a better idea. Yeah I could put a big computer monitor or HD TV in the room and add a Bluetooth mouse or keyboard like bedhead suggested, but then I may as well set the whole computer DAW rig back up in the room, the idea here is to completely loose the computers and their screen monitors and work 100% on iPads .. something new and fresh if not limited compared to the computers .. but it’s been challenging and fun so far.

• @cloudswimmer said:

@audiobussy said:

Ok just tried Aurialink and that worked like a treat, uses Bluetooth, had my old iPad 3 as master and iPad Pro as slave, only problem is I like Cubasis a lot better, guess if I’m working on a tune in Cubasis and want to add some hardware synth tracks I’ll mix down the Cubasis project .. save the .wav to Dropbox .. then import it into Auria and lay down my tracks .. send those tracks stems to Dropbox .. then import them back into Cubasis, unless someone’s got a better idea. Yeah I could put a big computer monitor or HD TV in the room and add a Bluetooth mouse or keyboard like bedhead suggested, but then I may as well set the whole computer DAW rig back up in the room, the idea here is to completely loose the computers and their screen monitors and work 100% on iPads .. something new and fresh if not limited compared to the computers .. but it’s been challenging and fun so far.

What about installing a dedicated audio interface directly at your keyboard rig and then just connect your iPad wherever you're about to record?

• @Shazamm Would love to know the specific settings you use to get DAW Control working

• @rs2000 said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@audiobussy said:

What about installing a dedicated audio interface directly at your keyboard rig and then just connect your iPad wherever you're about to record?

Good idea, perhaps another RME Babyface Pro .. I love that thing .. using it on another iPad very successfully. Thanks

• @cloudswimmer said:

@audiobussy said:

Nahh didn’t work for me either. DAW control does work for me though running it on the same iPad as Auria Pro .. but what’s the point in that lol. Think I’ll try Aurialink next which is under settings general .. suppose to be able to link two Aurias together for an expanded mixer. Will report back later.

Download this,

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/midi-machine-control/id557213147

open,
    select the iPad you want to control,
    Open daw control,
    In auria, go to settings/midi
    In network sessions, receive remote.

• @dirge59 said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@audiobussy said:

Download this,

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/midi-machine-control/id557213147

open,
    select the iPad you want to control,
    Open daw control,
    In auria, go to settings/midi
    In network sessions, receive remote.

Works a treat 👍 Thanks Dirge! Hopefully Cubasis gets this capability too someday, but for now Auria Pro it is for recording the Analog synths 👌