Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Are You familiar with Automatic Drawing

During my college years i was very much a student of the Dadaists and Surrealists. One of the techniques i used a lot during my Studio Art and Design courses was that of the Exquisite Corpse and that of Automatic Drawing/Writing. The whole intent behind these two methods was to free you from the shackles of the literal and rational day to day brain. You know, the daily grind of the monkey brain controlling and dictating everything.

For those in the know, you may also know this as getting into the Flow state...or the Beginners Mind state of Zen philosophy.

Anyhoo, i recently stumbled on this great video which rekindled my joy of the technique:

And as luck would have it, after watching the video, i fired up Fresco and had a go at it. It felt good to know that i could get back in to this state...i figure that all this music making of late is just an extension of the whole Automatic Thinking muscle I’ve developed over the years.

Anyhoo, if you’re into this kind of stuff, please contribute to this thread. I know there are a few of us here who wield music notes and pen and ink quite readily, and i figured I’d provoke the group with some fun exercises to help us all be more creative with the art we create...regardless of medium.

Cheers.

Here are a couple images of my mind unshackled 🤔🤪👊🏼™️

Comments

• Cool stuff, I especially like the second one.

• nice! Keep em coming!

These are super fun to do in Procreate as timelapse videos. Spend a couple hours doodling, boom instant music video.

• Sweet! Thanks for sharing the video and drawings. (Or as the English say “drawrings” 🙃)

My first reaction was that they might look even better in color. But... after gazing at them for a minute, the surreal nature of the drawings seemed to provoke my mind into “seeing” different colors despite the monochromatic style, or at least imagine so. Perhaps in a manner similar to how the brain can “fill in the gaps” of a sentence written without vowels. (I haven’t been smoking or drinking, I swear! 😄)

Anyway, good stuff. Keep it up. Cheers. 👍

• edited November 2019

Thanks everyone. I also posted the time lapse versions on my twitter feed:

• @haulin_notes said:
    Sweet! Thanks for sharing the video and drawings. (Or as the English say “drawrings” 🙃)

My first reaction was that they might look even better in color. But... after gazing at them for a minute, the surreal nature of the drawings seemed to provoke my mind into “seeing” different colors despite the monochromatic style, or at least imagine so. Perhaps in a manner similar to how the brain can “fill in the gaps” of a sentence written without vowels. (I haven’t been smoking or drinking, I swear! 😄)

Anyway, good stuff. Keep it up. Cheers. 👍

It’s funny that you mention color...it was in there on the first illustration. Now that’s weird huh? 🤔👊🏼™️

• @echoopera said:
    Thanks everyone. I also posted the time lapse versions on my twitter feed:

Oh cool! yah would love to see some extended versions with your music.

Also, didn't know Fresco did the timelapse.

• Used to do a lot of this pre digital age... must fire up fresco and give it a go...
    Love your stuff too btw!
    :)

• @id_23 very cool. Can’t wait to see the old master return 👊🏼

• edited November 2019

@echoopera Lol! Old is right! Master maybe not!!
    Here is a couple of micro doodles ... found in an old pocket sketch book, crammed with madness!
    https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE4MDA5NzMyMzE2MjYwMTg4?igshid=1jkhgz7p37lo2&story_media_id=2175624543627240145

• @id_23 wow. Love the organic nature of the line work. Time to get back on the horse. Btw, awesome to know that you’re Inkydigit. Love your Instagram 👊🏼™️

• Thanks a lot man!
    :)

@echoopera said:
    @id_23 wow. Love the organic nature of the line work. Time to get back on the horse. Btw, awesome to know that you’re Inkydigit. Love your Instagram 👊🏼™️

• edited November 2019

@echoopera cool thread, interesting stuff.. like especially your first picture, so much kife/movement captured there.. :+1:

here are few mine childish naive drawings :-)