Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BM3 Sequencing Bitwig Studio

So yeah, this is now gonna happen:

So far it’s working great...BeatMaker 3 is serving as a great controller for laying down sequences in BitWig.

Here's what I have so far:

Comments

• Are you using the modular environment in Bitwig 3?

• Just using some presets of the Grid along with Pigments, Repro-5, London (Korg) and Factory.

• edited November 2019

Had a chance to flesh it out a lot more:

This is a great workflow for anyone looking to have a more tactile and direct way to sequence BitWig or Ableton Live with their iPad and macOS setup.

I'm trying to figure out a way to do this with a PC in the mix. I have an old Sony Vaio Canvas Z tablet that is a great audio workstation...and I'll report my findings here whenever i figure something out.

Right now I'm looking into loopMIDI and rtpMIDI, but can't seem to get it to work correctly.

• edited November 2019

@echoopera said:

This is a great workflow for anyone looking to have a more tactile and direct way to sequence BitWig or Ableton Live with their iPad and macOS setup.

I'm trying to figure out a way to do this with a PC in the mix. I have an old Sony Vaio Canvas Z tablet that is a great audio workstation...and I'll report my findings here whenever i figure something out.

Right now I'm looking into loopMIDI and rtpMIDI, but can't seem to get it to work correctly.

I’ve had some luck with rtpmidi and touchable 3, I’ll see if I can make the pc Bitwig pair with BM3, will share set up, if I can make it go. One thing I’ve learned is open rtp first

• for me, studiomux does a fine job getting midi from ios to windows 10, and link for sync and transport.

• edited November 2019

@echoopera said:

Have you thought about using Bluetooth for MIDI?
    The added tiny amount of latency is more than remedied by the comfort to have a remote-controlled orchestral library controlled from your comfy arm chair B)

• edited November 2019

I will look into it @rs2000 i think midimittr offers a Bluetooth utility on PC. Thanks.
    Here’s a mostly sample slices+ sugar bytes synth groove from Friday night:

• edited November 2019

man you're one of most creative and most open-minded persons from all of us here at this forum :-) I really like how you use any combination of any apps to fuel your creativity ! Respect !

• @dendy thanks for the kind words sir. I just love making music and will try and use whatever allows me to get into a state of flow to realize what’s in my soul. 👊🏼™️

• edited November 2019

Had some free time this weekend. Decided to add some Thomas Merton to the signal path:

• edited February 2021

@echoopera : Are you still using this setup? I’m contemplating getting one of those new Asus duo laptops (which Bitwig really works well with) and Bitwig vs staying all iOS or possibly the new Roland MV1 versalab in tandem w Zenbeats.
    BTW the Akai works great w Bitwig
    https://welovesinging.com/best-midi-controller-for-bitwig/

• edited February 2021

@Telstar5 not really. Now a days when i go desktop i just use the Push 2 or Maschine+ to sequence in Live or BitWig.