Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT - Binkbeats: It's not about looping

Good piece. Ableton-sponsored I'm guessing. At about 9.30 I'm thinking I want to see the @supadom version :)

Comments

• Definitely worth a watch.

• Love how humble this cat is

• edited November 2019

Binkybeats is an amazing musician and the vide wonderful and full of wisdom for the short career on looping he has. There are other looping artists still lost (or jailed) by the tool.
    The part about how long takes to music song start is pointing one of the main issues to disconnect the process with the goal. He’s still improving the translation from studio (or bazaar in his case) to minimum set on stage. Also his _building up it’s part of his proposal so I feel he’s reaching his way (that part about mindblow into zen zone is a clue)

Someone should talk him about BlocsWave (and Ableton export) and also about GTL but firstly about less is more. His fans grow on cover songs and his workflow. The new ones (about his own music) will appreciate the workflow but also the content so simplifying until the whole show gets balanced will be the sweet spot. Sometimes it means add things... yes I know sounds contradictory but let me explain with another looping artist example: dubfx.

Dubfx started just with rc300 and fx pedal and beatbox... but whole songs. He made a journey into fitting some samplers and backing tracks on stage (and if you ask me his first released album was a bit dead due it was just looping beatbox which worked at street busking but was boring as album)

So less is more sometimes but other time too less is boring so finding the sweet spot has the other leg: your fanbase (aka emotional content)

Addendum: There’s another artist who is amazing but gone from simple to nuts and he’s still there experimenting and wrecking Ableton... it’s ok and he didn’t take too much in consideration crowd (for the best and the worst) but that’s ok too. Life will put him in the sweet spot by itself. Each of us have its own process and we have lot of luck to be alive surrounded by other artists (this forum is a good example) so we can find our own sweet spot and share tools, ways and processes)

• edited November 2019

@TheDubbyLabby said:
    Binkybeats is an amazing musician and the vide wonderful and full of wisdom for the short career on looping he has. There are other looping artists still lost (or jailed) by the tool.
    The part about how long takes to music song start is pointing one of the main issues to disconnect the process with the goal. He’s still improving the translation from studio (or bazaar in his case) to minimum set on stage. Also his _building up it’s part of his proposal so I feel he’s reaching his way (that part about mindblow into zen zone is a clue)

Someone should talk him about BlocsWave (and Ableton export) and also about GTL but firstly about less is more. His fans grow on cover songs and his workflow. The new ones (about his own music) will appreciate the workflow but also the content so simplifying until the whole show gets balanced will be the sweet spot. Sometimes it means add things... yes I know sounds contradictory but let me explain with another looping artist example: dubfx.

Dubfx started just with rc300 and fx pedal and beatbox... but whole songs. He made a journey into fitting some samplers and backing tracks on stage (and if you ask me his first released album was a bit dead due it was just looping beatbox which worked at street busking but was boring as album)

>

Good stuff and thinking there my friend.

I consider myself fairly traditional in my appreciation of noise, which is another way of saying it takes me a while to cotton on to new ways of skinning my familiar cat. I remember at least ten years ago coming across DubFx (like loads of other people I'm sure) on:

and having a whole new world open up in some ways. Not for me to make, because this style is not my skill, but to appreciate and be inspired by in my own narrow way thereafter...

• Thanks @JohnnyGoodyear, glad to be useful as usual.
    Check the evolution... this sound amazing as live but also as album. Dubfx has that sweet spot I pointed...

• edited November 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Good pqiece. Ableton-sponsored I'm guessing. At about 9.30 I'm thinking I want to see the @supadom version :)

This is basically my Gadget workflow! :o

• I've been a big fan of Binkbeats since the start.

Always being a start from scratch looper/improviser myself, I really admire his discipline to write ideas first and then recreate them with looping.

• Inspiring! Enjoyed the video, thx for posting.