Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Looks amazingly fun!

• I really dislike the names Kai gives his apps, when you're scrolling through looking for plugins it's impossible to remember what they all are because they are named things like:

RP-1
    RF-1
    VC-1
    RE-1
    RM-1

So I just end up using other plugins instead 🤷‍♀️

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    I got 5 on it

[gottt ittt]

• @richardyot said:
    I really dislike the names Kai gives his apps, when you're scrolling through looking for plugins it's impossible to remember what they all are because they are named things like:

RP-1
    RF-1
    VC-1
    RE-1
    RM-1

Just associate the letters... :lol:
    RM - Ring Modulator
    FD - Filter Delay
    VC - Vintage Chorus

The least obvious:
    RE - Echo (but what does R stand for?)

Don't know what it means:
    RF and RP - Reverb and Delay
    :sweat_smile:

• Looks good. I expect I'll be buying this shortly. I had a little giggle at the end of the webpage, where it says this: 'Don't hesitate to get in touch! We'd love to hear your suggestions, ideas or feature requests. We always reply as soon as possible.' When is it possible? Tomorrow? Next week? Next year? :smiley: . I'm sorry, I'm just teasing :smile: . Like all Kai's apps, I'm sure this one will be excellent.

• @senhorlampada said:

@richardyot said:
    I really dislike the names Kai gives his apps, when you're scrolling through looking for plugins it's impossible to remember what they all are because they are named things like:

RP-1
    RF-1
    VC-1
    RE-1
    RM-1

Just associate the letters... :lol:
    RM - Ring Modulator
    FD - Filter Delay
    VC - Vintage Chorus

The least obvious:

Don't know what it means:
    RF and RP - Reverb and Delay
    :sweat_smile:

Lol.
    I do the same associations.
    I also add:
    RF = reflections (aka reverb)
    RP = repeater (aka delay)

• Instabuy!

• edited November 2019

looks great but unfortunately same issues like RM-1 in Nanostudio (lot of crackles)

• @richardyot said:

RP-1
    RF-1
    VC-1
    RE-1
    RM-1

x100

• @senhorlampada said:

The least obvious:

RE is a reference to the Roland Space Echo series of tape delays. RE-201, 301, 501.

No clue on the other vague ones, though

• @dendy said:
    looks great but unfortunately same issues like RM-1 in Nanostudio (lot of crackles)

His other filter based apps crackle in NS2 too. I’ve been in touch with him but no response yet. 🙁

• edited November 2019

To be fair, most of his AUs do have a description after the short name now.

• @Sonicflux said:
    RE is a reference to the Roland Space Echo series of tape delays. RE-201, 301, 501.
    No clue on the other vague ones, though

True! Forgot that!

@CracklePot said:
    Lol.
    I do the same associations.
    I also add:
    RF = reflections (aka reverb)
    RP = repeater (aka delay)

Yep! Makes sense :wink:

• edited November 2019

@anickt said:

@dendy said:

His other filter based apps crackle in NS2 too. I’ve been in touch with him but no response yet. 🙁

I found interesting thing, it crackles just when notes are played from sequencer - notes played in realtime from NS on
    screen keyboars are clean, no crackles... it is strange... try just simple init Obsidian patch - if you just play notes by hand with FD-1 on insert, it is clean... after you record some notes to sequencer, and hit play - recorded notes are causing crackles...

• @dendy said:

@anickt said:

@dendy said:

I found interesting thing, it crackles just when notes are played from sequencer - notes played in realtime from NS on
    screen keyboars are clean, no crackles... it is strange... try just simple init Obsidian patch - if you just play notes by hand with FD-1 on insert, it is clean... after you record some notes to sequencer, and hit play - recorded notes are causing crackles...

You’re right! I usually record a line into the sequencer and the play it back while tweaking fx so I never noticed this. Very strange. I emailed him to let him know about this and other issues with NS2. Hope they can get fixed. I like his apps

• It clicks driving Obsidian with Rozeta Bassline also...

• It's also crackling like mad in AUM when you turn a knob while it's playing. I was hoping to apply the midiLFOs app to different knobs for on-the-fly experimentation, but this looks like it might be problematic. Not tried that yet, though, because I'm about to watch the football. Will have a go later on. Great app, though, aside from this niggle.

• edited November 2019

@anickt

ok i've made interesting discovery ! if i put any MIDIfx plugin from MIDI Tools package on the chain - FD1 stops making crackles !!! Even MIDI Tools Monitor is enough to fix issue...

:open_mouth:

• Another delay effect? We have real a lot of delay stuff recently.

But it is from the great Kai so I will buy anyway because he did only superb app.

• @dendy said:
    @anickt

ok i've made interesting discovery ! if i put any MIDIfx plugin from MIDI Tools package on the chain - FD1 stops making crackles !!! Even MIDI Tools Monitor is enough to fix issue...

:open_mouth:

Interesting! I'll check it out later with his other apps. Thanks @dendy

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Another delay effect? We have real a lot of delay stuff recently.

But it is from the great Kai so I will buy anyway because he did only superb app.

Exactly :)

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@richardyot said:

RP-1
    RF-1
    VC-1
    RE-1
    RM-1

So I suppose you must simply despise the Fabfilter plugins then. ;)

• @wim said:

@richardyot said:
    I really dislike the names Kai gives his apps
    RP-1
    RF-1
    VC-1
    RE-1
    RM-1

You're on to something... of course buying 50+ apps also compounds the issue.

So I suppose you must simply despise the Fabfilter plugins then. ;)

FabFilter seems to have chosen the right letters to help you remember what they do...
    they are all extended visual EQ's for some specific studio task.

I'll try from memory:
    Q2, Q3, R, MB, G, C2, L2?

I checked my work and forgot DS.

This explains why we didn't get:
    Volcano
    Saturn
    Timeless
    or Micro

Too many letters for us to navigate.

• I really don’t need to buy a third delay this week, anything set this apart from the rest?

• Which is why you have one of the invisible membership cards :)

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    I really don’t need to buy a third delay this week, anything set this apart from the rest?

I really don't need to buy a second and third delays this week, but… which ones did you get? 👀

• All I’m saying is that I don’t recognize the icon of whatever synth he has in the main slot... 👀