Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Thanks, these look fantastic! I was considering native instruments portable interfaces for dedicated iPad audio out but these are likely better.

• Just grabbed the Gen 3 Scarlett but I guess I’ll spring for this too...looks cool

• edited November 2019

If they did pass-through charging for iOS they'd be killer. Wanting to charge and use a USB-C device limits you to a small number of hub options.

[Edit] Oh, duh. You can probably use a USB-A 3.x port with a USB-A to USB-C cable if you don't have a free USB-C port. Still, charging via the audio interface would be awesome, even more so if it was a USB hub, too...

• Very interesting.

• How do you check firmware number on these units? and how do you update the firmware if needed?

• @Liquidmantis said:
    If they did pass-through charging for iOS they'd be killer. Wanting to charge and use a USB-C device limits you to a small number of hub options.

[Edit] Oh, duh. You can probably use a USB-A 3.x port with a USB-A to USB-C cable if you don't have a free USB-C port. Still, charging via the audio interface would be awesome, even more so if it was a USB hub, too...

You could probably put a powered USB hub between the ipad and Motu.

• I am using Kingston Nucleus. Works great!