Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What is your favorite opera aria?

I have recently been very touched by Offenbach "The tales of Hoffmann" and in particular this piece

Comments

• Vesti la giubba, I first heard this during the Sean Connery death scene in the Untouchables movie.

• My favorite aria from my favorite opera. Especially when performed by Birgit Nilsson. Or Kirsten Flagstad.

• My favorite is "Se pieta di me non senti" from Händel's Giulio Cesare

• edited November 2019

Lascia Ch'io Pianga from the movie Farinelli

• edited November 2019

Thank you for starting this thread.
    Most of my knowledge of opera comes from Bugs Bunny, I must confess. But this from "La Wally" — again, via pop culture, from the new-wave movie "Diva" — is really moving.

• Also opera's best bass riff:

• edited November 2019

We can't leave out the Queen of Night's aria from Mozart's The Magic Flute. I looked around for a good YouTube version. I settled on this clip from the movie Amadeus, because I like the supposed origin story that's included in the excerpt.

• Movie Grave of the Fireflies and Home, Sweet Home

• How are you embedding your YouTube videos so that there's a visual link?

• You don't have to do anything just copy/paste the Youtube link

• @Infraworld said:
    You don't have to do anything just copy/paste the Youtube link

Thanks. That worked. I was using the link URL command, rather than just pasting it in.

• Great performance of Habanera from Carmen...

• This always cheers me up ;)

• Brilliant thread. Please keep educating me. Especially with heartbreakers as opposed to rug munchers etc.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Brilliant thread. Please keep educating me. Especially with heartbreakers as opposed to rug munchers etc.

uhhh...

• The peerless Janet Baker.

• edited November 2019

@rottencat said:
    The peerless Janet Baker.

Peerless apart from Emma Kirkby. (Skip to 47" for the commencement of total bodily dissolution.) But yes, I nearly posted that version instead of Jessye above.

• The commendatore scene
    in Mozart’s Don Giovanni
    is still one of my favorite

• The Flower Duet widely used in tv ads

• I used to go to the opera a lot when I worked in London. Much as I love the standard repertoire, I much preferred new stuff. I remember going to see Nigel Osborne’s The Electrification of the Soviet Union at the South Bank; at the interval I met a fellow opera fan who was bubbling with excitement. « I haven’t a clue what’s going on in this, » he said, «  but it’s fantastic! » That’s my view on opera, really. The new stuff. It doesn’t have to end with Puccini.

• @Infraworld said:
    The Flower Duet widely used in tv ads

I could boot British Airways for ruining this tune :)

• @AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Brilliant thread. Please keep educating me. Especially with heartbreakers as opposed to rug munchers etc.

uhhh...

I suspect there's an alternate usage that is lost on us at the moment!

• edited November 2019

@ExAsperis99 said:

@AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

uhhh...

Sorry. Just asked the Missus. She suggests rug muncher might be otherwise (at least according to her liberal arts college upbringing in Maine etc etc). For me it's a scenery/furniture chewer a la Pacino in full flood and in the context of Opera wherein the scenery is largely over-sized and liable to be full of Valkyries I was simply trying to indicate my preference for winsome misery where at all possible etc.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

uhhh...

Sorry. Just asked the Missus. She suggests rug muncher might be otherwise (at least according to her liberal arts college upbringing in Maine etc etc). For me it's a scenery/furniture chewer a la Pacino in full flood and in the context of Opera wherein the scenery is largely over-sized and liable to be full of Valkyries I was simply trying to indicate my preference for winsome misery where at all possible etc.

Hahaha! Rug muncher at Bates College definitely means something different that what I assumed you had in mind!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

uhhh...

Hahaha! Rug muncher at Bates College definitely means something different that what I assumed you had in mind!

• “Les pêcheurs de perles” from Bizet. He was 23 y.o when he compose this. The interpretation from Alfredo Kraus is great.

• Awwww...beat me to it!! ^