Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Oscillating Echoes: 20 Ambient and Lo-Fi presets for Sugar Bytes Factory

Factory is a great synth, but most of the included presets are too gritty and noisy for me, so I've made a set of presets that coax some more beautiful and ethereal sounds from the synth. The sounds have a Lo-Fi aesthetic and are suitable for ambient or experimental music, with lots of evolving textures and atmospheric sounds.

Download the presets here

And I've made a video showcasing the sounds as well as explaining how to install them:

Comments

• Thank You Very Much. I will download this night. So appreciated.

• Thx!! How do you load the zip in Factory, please?

• Theses are great! Thank you very much.

• @gusgranite said:
    Thx!! How do you load the zip in Factory, please?

Instructions are in the video

• @richardyot thank you for sharing these excellent presets. Good to see what can be done with Factory.

• Wow man these are much Appreciated

• Thank you @richardyot, Factory is one of my preferred synth!

• Cool, thanks! Excellent job. I thought Factory had a softer side somewhere under the wonderful banging and clanging. Now it’s even more favoritest synth! 😄

• Thanks @richardyot These are very nice and I can see myself using many of them often. I feel the same about Factory - amazing sounds can be found in it - but many of the presets are a Bit harsh for my ears. Much appreciated!

• Very cool. Will check em out and give them a good showing in some tracks 👊🏼™️

• Many thanks, sounding lovely ! Nice to hear a softer side to it.

• What a lovely thing. Thanks @richardyot

• Thanks a million. Downloading now and I’ll report back with my opinion. Thanks.

• @richardyot

Thank you! They sound sweet from the video.

Was curious about where you'd uploaded the presets and saw your animation site. Your figures and work are wonderful! Hope you don't mind me posting this picture from your site, but I reckon your work deserves attention. I recommend folks to take a look.

https://itchy-animation.com/maximilian-mixolydian

• @ElectroHead said:
    @richardyot

Thank you! They sound sweet from the video.

Was curious about where you'd uploaded the presets and saw your animation site. Your figures and work are wonderful! Hope you don't mind me posting this picture from your site, but I reckon your work deserves attention. I recommend folks to take a look.

https://itchy-animation.com/maximilian-mixolydian

Thanks! Yes I'm a visual artist by trade, and a musician by night :)

• Beautiful. Many thanks both for the presets and the video, complete with download instructions and demos!
    Opening the download link from within the Youtube app did not work for me. Maybe my fault. Safari did the trick.

• @llamaki said:
    Beautiful. Many thanks both for the presets and the video, complete with download instructions and demos!
    Opening the download link from within the Youtube app did not work for me. Maybe my fault. Safari did the trick.

It might be because the YT app can't handle zip files.

• edited November 2019

@haulin_notes said:
    Cool, thanks! Excellent job. I thought Factory had a softer side somewhere under the wonderful banging and clanging. Now it’s even more favoritest synth! 😄

Factory definitely has a softer side but it’s not obvious from the presets which are usually a bit bonkers to show off its capabilities. Factory has all the tools to make bread and butter sounds: amazing oscillators, excellent effects, flexible filter, and a whole host of modulation methods, some of which veer into the crazy territory which is why Factory sometimes gets a reputation for being wacky and not so useful for useful, normal sounds.

Most of my own presets (about 130 and counting) are a lot less crazy, and useful for ambient music. I sent a few to another forum user a while back but didn’t hear how he got on with them. Might post some more if there’s enough interest.

• Great choice of sounds @richardyot!

Has anyone worked with both Factory and Lagrange and is able to tell me if one can more or less replace the other? I tend to lean towards Factory but does Lagrange offer any sonic ground that Factory cannot cover?

• Thanks for sharing! Lots of good ones in here...

• @craftycurate said:

@haulin_notes said:
    Cool, thanks! Excellent job. I thought Factory had a softer side somewhere under the wonderful banging and clanging. Now it’s even more favoritest synth! 😄

Factory definitely has a softer side but it’s not obvious from the presets which are usually a bit bonkers to show off its capabilities. Factory has all the tools to make bread and butter sounds: amazing oscillators, excellent effects, flexible filter, and a whole host of modulation methods, some of which veer into the crazy territory which is why Factory sometimes gets a reputation for being wacky and not so useful for useful, normal sounds.

Most of my own presets (about 130 and counting) are a lot less crazy, and useful for ambient music. I sent a few to another forum user a while back but didn’t hear how he got on with them. Might post some more if there’s enough interest.

I'd be highly interested in snagging those presets if you still feel like sharing!

• edited November 2019

@richardyot, I downloaded your 20 presets; very interesting: thank you so much!

@craftycurate said:
    Most of my own presets are a lot less crazy, and useful for ambient music. I sent a few to another forum user a while back but didn’t hear how he got on with them. Might post some more if there’s enough interest.

Sure: please, post them here!

• edited November 2019

Mister Yot:

Thank you! What a lovely quiverful. There's a couple, just quickly fiddling through, which I immediately want to write something with, lo-fi and lonesome. Always very welcome, but especially now when I am sharing a house with a 17 year old who believes he has more existential angst than his professionally glum father. We sit in adjoining rooms writing separate unassuming anthems of despair. These are going to help :)

Seriously, thank you again for making this set and also being generous enough to share them with us.

• @Halftone said:
    I'd be highly interested in snagging those presets if you still feel like sharing!

@RockBottom said
    Sure: please, post them here!

Sure thing let me pick some of the best ones and I’ll post this week sometime.

• @Halftone said:

@craftycurate said:

@haulin_notes said:

+1

• I’d be interested in the process you used to create one or two of them. At your leisure of course :)

• @rs2000 said:
    Great choice of sounds @richardyot!

Has anyone worked with both Factory and Lagrange and is able to tell me if one can more or less replace the other? I tend to lean towards Factory but does Lagrange offer any sonic ground that Factory cannot cover?

They're quite different from each other: half of Factory's oscillators are based on wavetables which straight away separates it from Lagrange, and it also has a sample-based oscillator, and then added to that even the more traditional oscillators are in fact multiple oscillators synced together, which all means that Factory is by default a much more textural synth in character than Lagrange.

Factory also has more modulation options so in general I would say it's much easier to create evolving and interesting textures with Factory.

Lagrange is much better at creating more traditional synth sounds, and does have some options that aren't available in Factory (for example in Lagrange you can modulate the pitch of the noise oscillator, which you can't do in Factory, this is useful for creating wind sounds and other effects).

I think both synths are great, and Lagrange is very versatile, but they have different characters.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Mister Yot:

Thank you! What a lovely quiverful. There's a couple, just quickly fiddling through, which I immediately want to write something with, lo-fi and lonesome. Always very welcome, but especially now when I am sharing a house with a 17 year old who believes he has more existential angst than his professionally glum father. We sit in adjoining rooms writing separate unassuming anthems of despair. These are going to help :)

Seriously, thank you again for making this set and also being generous enough to share them with us.

My pleasure, be sure to post the results in SOTMC someday :)

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Halftone said:

@craftycurate said:

@haulin_notes said:

+1

+1 here too

• @richardyot said:

@rs2000 said:
    Great choice of sounds @richardyot!

They're quite different from each other: half of Factory's oscillators are based on wavetables which straight away separates it from Lagrange, and it also has a sample-based oscillator, and then added to that even the more traditional oscillators are in fact multiple oscillators synced together, which all means that Factory is by default a much more textural synth in character than Lagrange.

Factory also has more modulation options so in general I would say it's much easier to create evolving and interesting textures with Factory.

Lagrange is much better at creating more traditional synth sounds, and does have some options that aren't available in Factory (for example in Lagrange you can modulate the pitch of the noise oscillator, which you can't do in Factory, this is useful for creating wind sounds and other effects).

I think both synths are great, and Lagrange is very versatile, but they have different characters.

Haha, I was afraid of ending up getting both :D
    Thank you for the info!