Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

cykle | advanced pattern sequencer now live

Comments

• @cp3 said:
    I wrote a manual: https://cp3.io/manual.html! It's still a work in progress but I'm hoping it can help some users who were stuck with the app.

edit: link didn't seem to work for some reason but you can copy/paste it into your browser url bar.

I'm sure I'm simply doing something wrong, but I would like to read this :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@cp3 said:
    I wrote a manual: https://cp3.io/manual.html! It's still a work in progress but I'm hoping it can help some users who were stuck with the app.

edit: link didn't seem to work for some reason but you can copy/paste it into your browser url bar.

I'm sure I'm simply doing something wrong, but I would like to read this :)

https://cp3.io/manual.html

• @cp3 said:

@cp3 You put a exclamation mark at the end of the url, that's not belonging there.

The right one is : https://cp3.io/manual.html

• version 1.1 is out!

changelog:

• added new off­set se­quence lane (moves the se­lect­ed step ahead in time)
    • added glob­al swing set­ting
    • added trans­port (start/stop/pause) con­trols in stand­alone ver­sion
    • dis­play two chan­nels on screen on iPad land­scape mode
    • added op­tion to du­pli­cate a chan­nel
    • added op­tion to copy and paste pat­terns be­tween AUv3 in­stances
    • trans­pose se­quence stays in key
    • added link to user man­u­al in menu
    • added op­tion to re­verse pat­terns
    • show val­ues on se­lect­ed steps
    • added new pre­sets
    • var­i­ous bug­fix­es and im­prove­ments
  • Thanks, update looks great, hope we can also get pattern switching in the AU version... :)

• Nice update! Thanks!

• This keeps getting better and better! The labels definitely help. Patterns support and ability to switch with midi would take it over the top.

• Nice update. Little bug. There’s no way to close the settings box when in auv mode. ;)

• thanks, everyone. (midi controllable) pattern switching is planned for the next update!

@ecamburn said:
    Nice update. Little bug. There’s no way to close the settings box when in auv mode. ;)

you should be able to close it by tapping elsewhere on the screen. not working for you? which host?

• @cp3 said:
    thanks, everyone. (midi controllable) pattern switching is planned for the next update!

Great.. Looking forward to this..

• @cp3. Thank you for this great update.
    And thank you for this great app.
    It is very fun, creative, and inspiring.
    🤙🏻

• @cp3 said:
    thanks, everyone. (midi controllable) pattern switching is planned for the next update!

@ecamburn said:
    Nice update. Little bug. There’s no way to close the settings box when in auv mode. ;)

you should be able to close it by tapping elsewhere on the screen. not working for you? which host?

Sorry I can’t reproduce original issue. The background for the settings box turned light gray. But I went back in and things work as you described

• @CracklePot said:
    For they Midi out in standalone, it is located by sliding up from the bottom of the screen. cykle doesn’t seem to publish its own Midi port, but you can select synths or hosts to send to in this menu. I have been sending to AUM’s midi port to drive my hosted stuff.

Something I discovered when working in that lower Midi panel is that you can create 8 separate Lane groups/setups, and send each out to different Midi channels, all at the same time. That is total madness.

Using cykle in standalone, with up to 8 different sequences playing at once (as described above), connected to AUM which is hosting ALL sound sources, is such a brilliant and creative playground.. just tried this last night and prefer using cykle this way.. for me, using many AU instances in AUM takes more effort to setup and keep track of.. it's just nice to have 1 window and tab through the extra (more than 1) sequences easily.. thanks for that tip @CracklePot

• @cp3 any chance of adding ABL start/stop? Cheers

• edited November 2019

@cp3 said:

@ecamburn said:

Really love this tool. Nice work. Having used it for a stretch i wonder if you’ve thought about how to maybe use a LaunchPad X with it as a controller.

• @echoopera said:

@cp3 said:

@ecamburn said:

Really love this tool. Nice work. Having used it for a stretch i wonder if you’ve thought about how to maybe use a LaunchPad X with it as a controller.

Man that is an awesome idea! If cykle could integrate with a launchpad that would take it to another level.

• edited November 2019

@cp3 : absolutely loving your work, and the latest update! Bit cheeky then for me to ask for yet more, but I just wondered if for future updates you might consider:

1) an undo function to roll back the last change made. I like the pattern manipulation tools but there’s been a couple of times when I have strayed two clicks beyond a good place, and had no easy way back.

2) A way to select, copy and paste within a lane - it’d be great to be able to ‘rubber band’ select some notes in a current lane, copy it, paste it into the same (or a different!) lane, then flip, reverse etc the newly duped section. As I am beginning to experiment with chords in the pitch lane this is becoming an increasingly desired function.

3) And I may just have missed this, is there an easy way to scroll up and down within a lane without affecting the events within it? At the moment, moving ‘up’ in the pitch lane, uh, moves the pitch up (sensibly enough.) But what I really want to do is sometimes ‘move further up’ (or down) the keyboard without already affecting the pitch of the events already in place, so I can add higher or lower notes beyond the currently visible lane selection. As I say, there may already be a way to do this, and I just missed it?

Anyway, absolutely great work. Thanks! :)

• Even though the initial intention of cykle was not to be a 'drum sequencer' I find it highly addictive for that.
    Only gotcha is the lack of 'custom scale / notes' mode to for example assign 8 notes to match Ruismaker.
    A pentatonic scale could help here too ;)

• @Samu, naive answer from my patented chimp-at-a-keyboard methodology, but I wonder if you might be able to achieve part of what you want by enforcing a pentatonic scale on the cykle output by running it through Rozetta Scaler?

• @Svetlovska said:
    @Samu, naive answer from my patented chimp-at-a-keyboard methodology, but I wonder if you might be able to achieve part of what you want by enforcing a pentatonic scale on the cykle output by running it through Rozetta Scaler?

Sure there's always work-arounds but after a while it becomes a real pita.
    I mean it's one feature missing and it needs a separate app.

I can work around this by using another app (StepPolyArp Unit) as it even allows volume ramping for the ratchets/repeats and it's per note, not per sequencer step but it's UI is too cramped to be usable on an iPhone 8 :)

• Yes, custom scales would be highly useful! :)

• Yep custom scales or even more more scales.

• @cp3 It would be helpful for if one could change the AUs midi output channel (under settings/MIDI OUTPUT) and if this new setting would be stored/recalled in a preset and session.

There are several MIDI FX scripts processing multi channel midi input which only work properly if all input generators (including several Cykle instances) transmit on different midi channels. The List of AU midi generators shows that there are already many plugins supporting this feature.

• Thanks for the update. Great tool and is interesting to use in landscape with multiple channels, one going to drums. Scales and link start stop would be great.

• Snapshots please! :)

• I just read through all posts on this discussion to make sure I wasn’t duplicating. What are the chances of exposing the lane modification (like up/down/left/right etc) so another midi app could trigger changes in-flight? Just wondering. I agree with the concept of song mode too...

• @motmeister said:
    I just read through all posts on this discussion to make sure I wasn’t duplicating. What are the chances of exposing the lane modification (like up/down/left/right etc) so another midi app could trigger changes in-flight? Just wondering. I agree with the concept of song mode too...

that seems fiddly since the lanes are dynamic (i.e., you can add and remove them) so your MIDI mapping could change from under you. what I'm considering is adding a selectable snapshots feature (i.e., a snapshot of the current state of the pattern), which is MIDI mappable, in order to achieve MIDI control.