Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Taming the Beast that is iVCS3: Part 4 - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

The latest episode of my series on iVCS3 is live!!!

Comments

• I think I’ll buy this synth just to learn on it lol

• @Zaubrer said:
    I think I’ll buy this synth just to learn on it lol

I think it's worth it, but then again I love the older synth architectures. It's like solving a puzzle!

• @Daveypoo said:

Woot! Is it worth it? Clearly! Great stuff again.

I think I’ll need some more convincing re the tattoo stuff tho.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Daveypoo said:

Woot! Is it worth it? Clearly! Great stuff again.

I think I’ll need some more convincing re the tattoo stuff tho.

I can be VERY convincing... 😎

• It's great to see your videos showcasing the genius of ApeSoft.
    They generally have a user interface that is challenging but are the
    keys to unlock truly unique sonic doorways. I'm glad you put the effort into
    unearthing the features of iVSC3.

• @McD said:
    It's great to see your videos showcasing the genius of ApeSoft.
    They generally have a user interface that is challenging but are the
    keys to unlock truly unique sonic doorways. I'm glad you put the effort into
    unearthing the features of iVSC3.

Thanks! I feel like apeSoft has an architecture that is unmatched on iOS, especially the ability to assign an LFO to every knob. I feel like there's a ton going on under the hood with their apps than is immediately apparent, and just a little bit of digging can unearth a ridiculous sonic potential.

• @Daveypoo said:
    just a little bit of digging can unearth a ridiculous sonic potential.

If you do a deep dive video on any app that inspires you then we will all learn something new.

The one caveat re: ApeSoft (documented on the forum) is to always put a Limiter right behind these app's sonic mayhem to avoid some potential hearing loss using headphones.

• @McD said:
    The one caveat re: ApeSoft (documented on the forum) is to always put a Limiter right behind these app's sonic mayhem to avoid some potential hearing loss using headphones.

Agreed - these'll jump out and bite you if you're not careful!

• @Daveypoo said:

@McD said:

Tell the truth - do you use a Limiter and wear some safety goggles when you prepare these
    ApeSoft videos? Can you hear me now? Hello! I'm talking to you, @Daveypoo. (Deaf and doomed).

• @McD said:

@Daveypoo said:

@McD said:

Tell the truth - do you use a Limiter and wear some safety goggles when you prepare these
    ApeSoft videos? Can you hear me now? Hello! I'm talking to you, @Daveypoo. (Deaf and doomed).

Nope - I go full on Hazmat suit

• @Daveypoo Just finished watching this whole series.. Wow! Superb! You’ve “cracked the code” for us mere mortals.. The quirks and non-standard ways of the iVCS3 are also the pieces that make me want to get in there and tweak stuff.. Big thank you to James Edward Cosby as well.. the sounds that he’s carved out of this beast are extraordinary and inspiring. Well done Sir! 👍

• @royor said:
    @Daveypoo Just finished watching this whole series.. Wow! Superb! You’ve “cracked the code” for us mere mortals.. The quirks and non-standard ways of the iVCS3 are also the pieces that make me want to get in there and tweak stuff.. Big thank you to James Edward Cosby as well.. the sounds that he’s carved out of this beast are extraordinary and inspiring. Well done Sir! 👍

Oh man - thanks so much! I've been asked "what's the point of learning this synth" and I figured that if you have to ask, then this app isn't for you... I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who needed this crazy app demystified. I'd love to hear what you can do with it now that you've got a handle on what's going on!