Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gestrument Pro (now released!)

Comments

• @Carnbot - glad to hear! Mixing up MIDI channels or using the wrong fader in a large mix - nope, never did that myself, not ever...;-)
    @Tones4Christ - ok, we'll check that!

• Sweet!
    Don’t know if it was ever asked, but would it be ever possible to add a user selectable option to show a sort of transparent note mapp on the screen with a color matching the instrument or cursor selected? I think this would be great for those folks who like visual cues of where things are. Also to get a visual idea of the note map . Being optional would satisfy both camps; those who want the way it is now and those that would like more visual cues.

Just an idea and thanks for making this amazing app!

@JesperNordin said:
    @Carnbot - glad to hear! Mixing up MIDI channels or using the wrong fader in a large mix - nope, never did that myself, not ever...;-)
    @Tones4Christ - ok, we'll check that!

• Well, I don’t see that ‘IAA’ control button.. Will this update be, Auv3?

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Just wanna shout out there that I’m having an amazing creative time with Gestrument Pro!!! And Groovebox! If anyone is still on the fence man, Gestrument Pro is truly amazing! I was skeptical about it but the more I dive in the more it becomes clear how deep and powerful it is for creativity. Paired with Groovebox man, no limit!

It’s still on special discount so I would highly recommend this app! Get both Groovebox and Gestrument Pro!

@echoopera said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    This song just reduced my stress levels soooo much! Thanks for your beautiful gift!

@echoopera said:
    Here's Gestrument sequencing some Korg Electribe Wave.

Soundcloud:

Youtube:

You are far too kind sir. Glad it could help you out...my hope is that I can make music to transport people to a calmer and more chill place where they can be energized and motivated to do the great things the creator has intended all of us to do :)

Also, be sure to check out my Ampify GrooveBox thread...adding more chilled pieces there as well. :)

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34540/ampify-groovebox-creations-thread#latest

How do you set it up with Groovebox? Inside AUM or AB3? If you Do you have any AB3 presets to share in case of?

• Unfortunately not AUv3 this time, and actually not that huge an update, but we have another one on the way, hopefully before Christmas with some more things.

• edited October 2019

@JesperNordin said:
    Unfortunately not AUv3 this time, and actually not that huge an update, but we have another one on the way, hopefully before Christmas with some more things.

Thanks.. looking forward to it.. BTW, one of my greatest riffs I have ever created came from GP.. 🙏

• Anybody’s experienced sound glitches?
    I already tried hard reset, delete and reinstall, iPad Pro 9.7 iPadOs 13.2

• Great to see an update for ScaleGen! ANy chance of getting it optimized for Audiobus 3 eventually? I'd love to have it as a MIDI effect.

• @ksound - we would love to do so much more to ScaleGen - AUv3, AB3 (MacOS...) and so on, but we don't know if we can manage that right now. It's not off the table, but we cannot promise anything. The app is so niche that it's difficult to prioritize...

• @JesperNordin I believe that. It happens to be my exact niche, but I’m sure it’s a small but loyal following. If there was a way to gather us it could be a good group for crowdfunding, but that takes time, too. I’m happy just to see the update and take it as a good sign that the app will make it to future iOS versions.

• Guys, is it possible to achieve pitch bending that will be assigned to the cursor pressure (to emulate more naturally guitar, violin sounds) ? I tried everything and I seems that I can’t do it. Any ideas?

• Hi @sly - unfortunately it's not possible today, but it's on our list of things we want to implement, since it would make Gestrument much more performative. We have many different plans so I can't say when/if it will happen, but it's on our list!

• edited March 2020

@JesperNordin I love GP and i finally decided to use it in my iOS setup as my main Phrase sequecer/ Midi Looper.

Is there a trick / Mozaic script that will alow me to play and record notes from a Midi keyboard in GP?

Maybe it's an idea for a feature request?

So I have more on the wishlist:

1.Non destructive / non linear groups style editing. atm if I want to change group 1 from 3 instruments to one I have shift around groups and copy paste. not possible to delete an indtrument only groups.

1. group / cursor clock cycle of looper.
      3.chord progression within a scale

4.midi mappable play/stop

1. Midi Mappable play/stop
  • edited March 2020

Are there any extra patches that someone would like to share?

GP's presets are really good but I am curious to see what else is there.

• How’s about sound glitches? Any news? This bug is really annoying.

• edited March 2020

@Faland said:
    How’s about sound glitches? Any news? This bug is really annoying.

I experienced some my self with my new Air 3 and I thought it was the device. Unexpected DSP spikes while “fingering” nodes...resulting some annoying glitches.
    I sent a feedback through Flight app. There is a GP beta running this period.

• @JesperNordin said:
    Hi @sly - unfortunately it's not possible today, but it's on our list of things we want to implement, since it would make Gestrument much more performative. We have many different plans so I can't say when/if it will happen, but it's on our list!

Good news that you are thinking about it! I know that this is just a suggestion and of course, it's up to you but it would be a game changer to have it.

• Hi @Faland and @YannisHatzi - the glitches came with iPad OS 13 in Apples internal AUSampler and we are pushing Apple to try and fix it. To fix it from our end we would either have to change our Sampler completely (which we are working on since we don't want to be dependent on something that breaks so easily...) or make a cull of the sound we use, since it doesn't affect all sounds equally.

• @JesperNordin said:
    Hi @Faland and @YannisHatzi - the glitches came with iPad OS 13 in Apples internal AUSampler and we are pushing Apple to try and fix it. To fix it from our end we would either have to change our Sampler completely (which we are working on since we don't want to be dependent on something that breaks so easily...) or make a cull of the sound we use, since it doesn't affect all sounds equally.

Thank you for your reply, very kind of you. Look forward to the fix and glad you’re workin on that.
    Cheers

• it's things like this ...'the glitches came with iPad OS 13 in Apples internal AUSampler and we are pushing Apple to try and fix it.'

and apple's 'trip-wire' approach to updates

that help me justify keeping this ipad stuffed to the gills (thus blocking the sneaky/accidental update)

Gestrument Pro is ♥ ♥ ♥ :)

• @JesperNordin said:
    Hi @Faland and @YannisHatzi - the glitches came with iPad OS 13 in Apples internal AUSampler and we are pushing Apple to try and fix it. To fix it from our end we would either have to change our Sampler completely (which we are working on since we don't want to be dependent on something that breaks so easily...) or make a cull of the sound we use, since it doesn't affect all sounds equally.

Looking forward to the fix. It was indeed the update to 13 that introduced the crackles here.

• @JesperNordin said:

Thank you! 🙏🏻

• Hi @JesperNordin This is an excellent app and I thank you for it. Very happy to know that it's being cared for :)

I have a very minor UI tweak/request, for whenever you next update:

Currently, the browser closes each time an instrument is selected from within an imported soundfont (one level down in the heirarchy - the stock sounds appear to be at the top level, and I'm not talking about those).

Please can there be a provision for the browser to stay open in this case, so it's easier to browse and try out different sounds? Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks for the app, stay safe and as you were.

• Free.....only if you sign up for trial monthly subscription. No thanks.

• @BladeRunner said:
    Free.....only if you sign up for trial monthly subscription. No thanks.

You can buy it without subscription.

• @BladeRunner said:
    Free.....only if you sign up for trial monthly subscription. No thanks.

One-time purchase is £7.99. Used to be twice that.

• I love Gestrument. Deep app. Worth every penny.

• @morbo said:
    I love Gestrument. Deep app. Worth every penny.

Agree! It takes some work to make something but every option is there.