Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

APHELIAN 1.1.0 is out ! (with AUv3 support)

edited November 2019 in General App Discussion

Hi! We are proud to announce the Aphelian 1.1.0 release, which includes AUv3 support. The AU3 extension was built from scratch with a new UI concept in mind, to function as a MIDI generator. In this release it features the ARPEGGIATOR MODE, where you can use the geometric metaphor to control arpeggios in a live performance, using a midi keyboard in any AUv3 capable host (Audiobus, AUM, Beatmaker, Cubasis, etc). For the next release we'll add the AU3 SEQUENCER MODE.

ATTENTION: In the APHELIAN standalone app, we changed the PROJECT SAVE workflow, making it more intuitive and similar to the classic DAW save/open pattern. The AUTOSAVE functionality is still working, but now it goes to the current working buffer.

We also have a new icon

We hope that you enjoy APHELIAN in you favorite AU3 host!

Release week SALE 35% OFF.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/aphelian/id1435855056

Comments

• DCJDCJ
    edited November 2019

WHOA!

edit: this isn’t out yet. I’m guessing it was submitted but not officially released yet? Or slow App Store?

• Nice. For me this is the most naturally musical generator app. Probably due to the creative choice of rhythmic output.

• @DCJ said:
    WHOA!

THIS!!!

@JuanB thanks for opening this into the AU universe man!!!

• The store backend says "Ready for sale"... I suppose that we should wait for the frontend cache to flush

• Looks great and thank you for adding this new MIDI AUv3 functionality. I’ll give it a whirl as soon as it pops up on my App Store.

• Available and Updated !!!

• SO GOOD NOW !!!!! :#

• Can’t see the updated version in the store yet but will buy it as soon as it’s there. I’ve always fancied this one but didn’t buy it because it wasn’t AU. It looks great.

• DCJDCJ
    edited November 2019

So Aphelian wasn’t showing up as a midi sender in Audiobus, which is strange because that’s what you used in the demo. Finally showed up after restart, but doesn’t show up in the midi filter slot which seems like the right place for an arp. Doesn’t show up as a midi sender in BM3 or Cubasis even after restart. Not listed in the midi effects in AUM but can be accessed from the standard AU list.

Other than that rrrrreally great, creative arpeggiator!

And since I know people will ask: no exposed parameters in AUM.

• @DCJ said:
    So Aphelian wasn’t showing up as a midi sender in Audiobus, which is strange because that’s what you used in the demo. Finally showed up after restart, but doesn’t show up in the midi filter slot which seems like the right place for an arp. Doesn’t show up as a midi sender in BM3 or Cubasis even after restart. Not listed in the midi effects in AUM but can be accessed from the standard AU list.

Other than that rrrrreally great, creative arpeggiator!

Damn. That was the one thing I was really looking forward to in order to get things LFO-d up to the max 😛. Maybe in an update. Bit of a missed opportunity, but I suppose it might be added soon. I hope.

• Link... ?

• @JuanB said:
    The store backend says "Ready for sale"... I suppose that we should wait for the frontend cache to flush

It’s in the uk store now at 7.99, but with no mention of the sale price. If this is the sale price, no problem, I’ll get it, but if it’s going to any cheaper, obviously I’ll wait a little while. Any info?

• @JuanB , thanks for this, any chance you could do the business with Oscilab ?

• $7.99 is the sale price, down from $11.99 as of today according to Appsliced

• @yowza said:
    $7.99 is the sale price, down from $11.99 as of today according to Appsliced

Thanks. In that case, I’ll buy it right now. Looking forward to playing with this one, I have to say.

• Super enhancement. I'm looking forward to sequencer mode. As a quick test, I connected Autony to Aphelian to Aparillo to Effectrix. Yeah.

• @DCJ said:

Thanks for the feedback, we will fix it.

Yes. We are thinking about exposing some parameters as MIDI CC messages. What parameters could be useful as AU3 parameters? Maybe the range or loopsize?

• edited November 2019

@gsm909 said:
    @JuanB , thanks for this, any chance you could do the business with Oscilab ?

It's really old code.
    Maybe a new app. :)

• @JuanB said:

@gsm909 said:

It's really old code.

I’ve just bought it and in standalone mode it’s excellent and fun. But in AUM as an AU not only is the interface completely different - sparse and like a different app - but there’s also no sound coming out of it. Any ideas?

• Why not expose all the parameters? Arpeggiator Input Map, Shape, Events, etc.

• @audio_DT said:

@JuanB said:

@gsm909 said:

It's really old code.

I’ve just bought it and in standalone mode it’s excellent and fun. But in AUM as an AU not only is the interface completely different - sparse and like a different app - but there’s also no sound coming out of it. Any ideas?

It seems to be loading in the instrument section of AUM as an arp, but with no noise coming out of it at all.

• I don’t think sound meant to come out as a AU as it’s just a midi ARP.

• @audio_DT As I interpret it, it is a MIDI plugin and so no audio (this is not unusual, e.g., Autony, Rozeta), and as an Arp it needs MIDI input to do its thing. So route Autony or Rozeta into it and route MIDI from it into a real instrument.

• @audio_DT said:

Aphelian AU3 extension Is a midi generator. You should connect it to a synth to get sound output, something like this:

In this example, there are 3 APHELIAN instances controlling 3 synths (applying note filters to route a different octave to each synth).

It is true that the interface is more sparse. We thought that the AUv3 public is looking for a concise tool, so we kept the UI minimalistic

• @mojozart said:
    @audio_DT As I interpret it, it is a MIDI plugin and so no audio (this is not unusual, e.g., Autony, Rozeta), and as an Arp it needs MIDI input to do its thing. So route Autony or Rozeta into it and route MIDI from it into a real instrument.

I’m confused. I know the difference between a midi Plugin and an audio one. Ok, I need to have another look at this. My impression that was that it would load like Aphelian.

• @JuanB said:

@audio_DT said:

Aphelian AU3 extension Is a midi generator. You should connect it to a synth to get sound output, something like this:

In this example, there are 3 APHELIAN instances controlling 3 synths (applying note filters to route a different octave to each synth).

It is true that the interface is more sparse. We thought that the AUv3 public is looking for a concise tool, so we kept the UI minimalistic

Gotcha. My mental model for this app was completely different to how it works.

• @audio_DT said:

@JuanB said:

@audio_DT said:

Now I know it’s a midi app I get it. 😇

• @audio_DT said:

@audio_DT said:

@JuanB said:

@audio_DT said:

Now I know it’s a midi app I get it. 😇

Yep, loving it now 👍

• @mojozart said:
    Why not expose all the parameters? Arpeggiator Input Map, Shape, Events, etc.

Events is not too much?
    the others sound ok