Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MOZAIC - Create your own AU MIDI plugins - OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited November 2019

@sdesign said:
    i see the wiki, are all user creations added there or is it a case of searching through this thread?

There are a few presets posted on the wiki but there are many more at the Mozaic patchstorage site.

A link to @_ki Mozaic Language Support for Code Text Editors would be a wonderful addition to the Mozaic wiki page except Michael is trying to track down a bug which prevents people from remaining logged in so they can edit or add new wiki pages.

• @InfoCheck said:

@sdesign said:
    i see the wiki, are all user creations added there or is it a case of searching through this thread?

There are a few presets posted on the wiki but there are many more at the Mozaic patchstorage site.

A link to @_ki Mozaic Language Support for Code Text Editors would be a wonderful addition to the Mozaic wiki page except Michael is trying to track down a bug which prevents people from remaining logged in so they can edit or add new wiki pages.

Humm? I've recently added a page, edited it later, and modified a few others, without having any issues with being logged in.

I think it's best if I or someone else edits the Mozaic page to contain a nice big notice to go to patchstorage.com, then to trim the list to only those patches that aren't on patchstorage.com. I'll try to do that later today.

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@brambos - really love ColorPads! Is there any chance that LatchPad could increase the brightness, but retain the color? If I latch a pad then it is just bright-white.

Also, is there any way to force a line break in pad labels? If not, that would be nice to have.

• @wim said:

@InfoCheck said:

@sdesign said:

Humm? I've recently added a page, edited it later, and modified a few others, without having any issues with being logged in.

I think it's best if I or someone else edits the Mozaic page to contain a nice big notice to go to patchstorage.com, then to trim the list to only those patches that aren't on patchstorage.com. I'll try to do that later today.

The wiki was working the day before yesterday but not Yesterday or today. @Michael verified the login/logout problem I was experiencing and said he’d look into it. Still haven’t received word back about a fix working.

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@InfoCheck said:

@wim said:

@InfoCheck said:

@sdesign said:

The wiki was working the day before yesterday but not Yesterday or today. @Michael verified the login/logout problem I was experiencing and said he’d look into it. Still haven’t received word back about a fix working.

I just visited, verified I was logged in, logged out, and logged back in with no issues.
    Maybe check cookie settings? Or try a different browser? I'm using Chrome.

• @wim said:

@InfoCheck said:

@wim said:

@InfoCheck said:

@sdesign said:

I just visited, verified I was logged in, logged out, and logged back in with no issues.

Doesn’t work for me in Chrome or Safari. I can login and logout but as soon as you try to go to another page, it logs me out.

• @InfoCheck said:

@wim said:

@InfoCheck said:

@wim said:

@InfoCheck said:

@sdesign said:

Doesn’t work for me in Chrome or Safari. I can login and logout but as soon as you try to go to another page, it logs me out.

Not me. I can do anything I want and it works normally both on my PC and on iOS.

• @wim said:

@InfoCheck said:

@wim said:

@InfoCheck said:

@wim said:

@InfoCheck said:

@sdesign said:

Not me. I can do anything I want and it works normally both on my PC and on iOS.

Not me. I’m confident Michael will resolve the login problem so it will work again for everyone.

• _ki_ki
    edited November 2019

I also tried to edit the Mozaic wiki page and was logged out as soon as i pressed 'edit' on that page :) I tried with both Firefox and Chrome under IOS and Windows.

@wim
    Also, is there any way to force a line break in pad labels?

You can 'force' a line break by adding about 10-15 spaces between the parts you want to separate.

• Yep, it was a Cloudflare CDN issue, @InfoCheck/@wim/@_ki; dunno why it's just kicked in now, as nothing's changed as far as I know, but the cache was delivering pages even when logged in, so you saw the logged out content. Disabled the cache for the wiki, now it should work. Just gotta give it a few hours to propagate the changes.

• McDMcD
    edited November 2019

@Michael said:
    Yep, it was a Cloudflare CDN issue

So many problems boil down to "buffering" in caches and network/response latency.

CDN's are "content delivery networks" that cache webpages in a network of servers close to the users and the AB Forum has users all over the globe. So, many were getting stale Wiki pages but probably getting them very quickly. @Michael turned off aching of the wiki so performance will be a bit slower but every paged served will be the latest/greatest copy of that page.

ANOTHER TECHIE TIDBIT: NetFlix negotiated the placements of video caching servers all over the Internet to reduce their network traffic to their primary content servers. When you play a NetFlix high volume video it likely is streamed from a server somewhere close to you physically. All these new players are moving into the video streaming content business but are years behind negotiating the effective placement of caching servers to keep users happy with the service. I signed up for a service recently and quickly canceled it because it was slow and just couldn't provide the content at almost any hour of the day. Most of the concepts we manage to make music apps perform apply to Internet applications with similar design patterns: buffering/caching, interrupt requests/latency, quality of media and timely deliveries of buffers/packets.

• What he said ;-)

• Loving the fun tools here.
    I have been wondering if Mozaic can change the bpm for different tracks in AUM - probably not possible as the host is the master, but the idea keeps rattling around in my head. Even if it was double/quarter/triple BPM.
    IOS dreams...

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@Mayo said:
    Loving the fun tools here.
    I have been wondering if Mozaic can change the bpm for different tracks in AUM - probably not possible as the host is the master, but the idea keeps rattling around in my head. Even if it was double/quarter/triple BPM.
    IOS dreams...

I don’t see any way that could work.

But, if the midi for the track is in Atom Piano Roll, you can speed up or slow down its playback speed as much as you like.

• Thanks - I'll have a look into Atom - but I was hoping to do it live....

• @Mayo said:
    Thanks - I'll have a look into Atom - but I was hoping to do it live....

You could.
    But, I guess I don’t understand what it is you’re really trying to do. Nvm.

• Poly rhythms, differing BPM's on top of each other / staggering drum feels etc etc.
    I do it now with 2 ipads at different BPM's .

• _ki_ki
    edited November 2019

I sat down on this grey saturday morning and spent two hours adding all 93 PatchStorage Mozaic scripts to the Mozaic wiki page into a categorized table including links and their description. Also added the thread 'Request new Mozaic Scripts' and the 'Mozaic Language Support’ for Code Text Editors' to the main links and cleaned up the non-patchstorage script links.

So, please have a look at the updated Mozaic Wiki Page :)

• @Mayo said:
    Poly rhythms, differing BPM's on top of each other / staggering drum feels etc etc.

Interesting!

• @_ki said:
    I sat down on this grey saturday morning and spent two hours adding all 93 PatchStorage Mozaic scripts to the Mozaic wiki page into a categorized table including links and their description. Also added the thread 'Request new Mozaic Scripts' and the 'Mozaic Language Support’ for Code Text Editors' to the main links and cleaned up the non-patchstorage script links.

This is a great, nice job!

• edited November 2019

Thank you @Harro for the recommendations of Clusters and Chordulator. And thank you @InfoCheck for the excellent tips. I didn't realize Mozaic had state saving capabilities. And I may have spent about a hundred hours with it so far.

Huge thanks to @_ki for updating the Sublime support. And the wiki. I'm probably going to start coding for Mozaic on my Mac. Is it true that Textastic doesn't support code folding?

• _ki_ki
    edited November 2019

@Skyblazer You are right, it seems there is no code folding in Textastic IOS or Mac.

I also didn't yet use it in Sublime 3 - it seems i need to add folding rules for the Mozaic language (recognize @Event starts and @End, perhaps also the control structures) :)

If i find the time (and i am ready to learn yet another language description format ) i will add the Mozaic code completion feature to Sublime which i now only did for Textastic. You are the second person i know of who wants to code Mozaic on a different OS using my Sublime package, i mostly script on IOS - but developing the syntax was a lot easier on the desktop where i could use sublimes 'show current context' feature for debugging.

• @Skyblazer said:
    I didn't realize Mozaic had state saving capabilities. And I may have spent about a hundred hours with it so far.

Indeed, that can be very helpful and is relatively straightforward to implement. You can use the Unassigned function inside the OnLoadevent.

Look at page 12 of the manual for example scripts :)

• @brambos said:

@Skyblazer said:
    I didn't realize Mozaic had state saving capabilities. And I may have spent about a hundred hours with it so far.

Indeed, that can be very helpful and is relatively straightforward to implement. You can use the Unassigned function inside the OnLoadevent.

Look at page 12 of the manual for example scripts :)

Oh, I see. Thanks. I think the first time I read the manual, I didn't know what state saving was.

@_ki Take your time, no rush. When you get around to it, I'll definitely use it. :)

• @Mayo said:
    Poly rhythms, differing BPM's on top of each other / staggering drum feels etc etc.

But - you can do that with Atom. For any midi pattern in it, you can scale the tempo up or down by any factor or set it to any BPM independent of the host tempo. You can also adjust the start and end point of the loop in Atom, taking for instance a four beat loop down to three or up to five.

If you’re using other pattern sequencers, you can record their output into Atom, disable them, then use Atom’s time scaling and loop length manipulation.

Unfortunately you can’t automate these changes via midi. The changes have to be made Atom’s interface.

If you’re not working with midi, that’s another thing, but if you are then Atom can do what you’re describing

• edited November 2019

@_ki said:

Yes great job on the page. Will you be able to update the list of user scripts posted at patchstorage or should we add an entry to the wiki page when we post a new script there?

The Mozaic script developer tools should come in very handy, thank you and the other people who did this for us.

• @InfoCheck
    It should be no problem to keep the wiki list updated as i already get emails from patchstorage when there are new scripts or existing scripts were changed :)

• @wim said:

@Mayo said:

But - you can do that with Atom. For any midi pattern in it, you can scale the tempo up or down by any factor or set it to any BPM independent of the host tempo. You can also adjust the start and end point of the loop in Atom, taking for instance a four beat loop down to three or up to five.

If you’re using other pattern sequencers, you can record their output into Atom, disable them, then use Atom’s time scaling and loop length manipulation.

Unfortunately you can’t automate these changes via midi. The changes have to be made Atom’s interface.

If you’re not working with midi, that’s another thing, but if you are then Atom can do what you’re describing

Thank you wim !
    Atom is a must for me then :)

• @Mayo said:

@wim said:

@Mayo said:

Thank you wim !
    Atom is a must for me then :)

A few things to note, though: none of the controls are exposed as AU parameters, so you can’t start or stop looping, change tempo, etc. via midi control. It all has to be done in the interface. Midi out is always on channel one regardless of input channel. There’s no midi import or export. If none of those are show stoppers for you, then yeh, it’s awesome. B)