Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DIY iPad stand for couch potatoes

Necessity is the mother of invention, and while this isn’t an invention per se, it filled a need with particular specifications.

I’ve seen these types of stands commercially, and decided to build my own, for my iPad with Otterbox case. The case makes it into a tank, stressful on the hands for long sessions, so the stand helps in that regard.

Photo and explanation of design below, for anyone interested in making their own.

1. The two feet on the bottom give it better balance, both side to side, and front to back. (The feet actually extend back the same amount as the front, not seen in the photo)
  2. The height depends on what you want, go too high though and it gets more wobbly.
  3. Groove to rest the iPad in, sized for the case, to give it more stability.
  4. Back rest, which I initially did not have, but added so I did not have to hold the iPad in place.
  5. Tilt adjustment piece across the back rest, to tilt the iPad forward more.
  6. Paracord with locks to strap around the corners of the iPad and hold it down.

I used 1” square dowels, with a half inch dowel for the tilt adjustment piece. All in all the materials ran probably less than $50.

Most importantly, works like a charm! Hands are freed up for long sessions, and the iPad can be positioned into place for better visibility. :)

Comments