Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A new track live with 4 ipads :)

Hello,

Here it is:

Hope you'll like it !
@SevenSystems 3 instances of Xequence 2 running without any single crash since day 1, I love it...
Just I'd like so much some minor improvements to be more confortable in a live situation... ;)

Comments

• edited October 2019

Cool, are you using all 4 for midi and audio? How is stuff routed?

• That’s pretty epic what apps you using on vocals ?

• edited October 2019

3 iPads with 3 Xequences! That's just a lovely sight to behold! 😎

I'm not normally into darker musical styles, but this has such a "thick" mood that I actually like it!

The red track is definitely the piano! πŸ˜‰

(and happy to hear about the "lack" of crashes. I must admit I also sometimes check if the crash reporting framework is still working...) 😌

• edited October 2019

@crony said:
    Hello,

Here it is:

Hope you'll like it !
    @SevenSystems 3 instances of Xequence 2 running without any single crash since day 1, I love it...
    Just I'd like so much some minor improvements to be more confortable in a live situation... ;)

Nice.. and what improvements would make it more comfortable in a live situation.. Auv3?

• edited October 2019

@auxmux it's not that complicated, short story: yes midi and audio for the 4th iPads...

Long story:
    I have my track organized on Xequence, on 3 iPads.
    So 3 X2 running at the same time on 3 ipads, all 3 running AUM.

Each iPad have a usb hub and a sound card.
    The 3x2 stereo pairs are connected to an Allen & Heath QUSB.
    This QUSB is connected to a forth iPad, here I use the QUSB as a soundcard. (running just synths with AUM, and also used as an insert for external sources, like vocals, the Arturia Drum Brute Impact and the Mininova)
    In conjunction, I have a midi interface 4 in, 4 out, that connects all iPad in midi.
    Of course Link is also running on AUM and X2.

StreamByter app with AUM are a blessing :)

Xequence is also the perfect DAW as I set my synths once for all into AUM (or the most I can...) so while I make a new song, it's like if all my synths and effects are already connected to X2.

@Jumpercollins thanks ! :) For the voices I'm using the vocoder of the Mininova, and for the mic a VocieLive Touch 1, and also a VoiceLive Touch 2, so no IOS apps for the voices.
    I couldn't manage an other way to have no latency and full CPU for synths and effects for the music...

@SevenSystems thanks, really appreciate :) So hard to make sure the piano is on time while you can't stop easily the sequencer and then start to the next looping point, but you want to play the piano live... ;)

@RajahP AUv3 synths and effects are mostly used, except for Launchpad app, SeekBeats, Elastic Drums, Xequence 2, Korg Module and AUM.

I'd just love to have live timestretch on EG Pulse ( please @ElliottGarage... ) and more live options on X2, like live tempo changing, some ways to loop some part using midi messages some kind of lovely things like that... :)

Final need is that Apple fix their spike issue, and keep stabilizing things as they do...

As Effectrix has just being ported to AUv3, I need nothing more... :)

• @SevenSystems ah, I think you were ironic and skeptical about the piano played live right ? ;)
    So no, the red line in X2 is for sending a mute to AUM for a part played by Egoist, but I didn't understand how to play some chopped part sample of it...So I just mute/unmute...
    But I have added some sounds during the track to know if I'm late or not with the piano... :D

Proof here:

• @crony said:
    @SevenSystems ah, I think you were ironic and skeptical about the piano played live right ? ;)
    So no, the red line in X2 is for sending a mute to AUM for a part played by Egoist, but I didn't understand how to play some chopped part sample of it...So I just mute/unmute...
    But I have added some sounds during the track to know if I'm late or not with the piano... :D

Proof here:

Ah I see... yeah chopping up a sound by muting / unmuting (or using CC 7) is how I normally do it as well, nothing wrong with that...

I see you're using the "poor man's marker track" trick as well πŸ™‚