Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BandDelay by VirSyn

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1482011637

Description:

The multi-band delay BandDelay is an exciting tool for sound design and loop manipulation in realtime. In contrast to common delay processors BandDelay splits the frequency spectrum of the input signal into 27 bands and applies a separate delay unit to each band. The delay times can be synchronised to the host tempo generating nearly infinite rhythmical and sonic variations of the input signal. For each of the delay bands you can specify the delay time, the level and the feedback amount separately. These parameter changes can even be automised in realtime for glitch free rhythmical morphings. A few high level parameters let you change the delay times and feedbacks of all delays with the turn of a single knob.

• 27 band realtime multiband delay.
  • Frequency dependent level, delay time and feedback
  • Linear phase precision filters for maximal transparency
  • Tempo syncable delay times up to 6 seconds.
  • Meta parameter for quick access to rhythm variations

• Effect AudioUnit for use in hosts like Garageband, Cubasis, AUM and others

• Full AU parameter automation
  • Ableton Link compatible
  • stand alone / Audiobus 3 / IAA

Comments

• a youtube/audio demo will be welcomed...:)
    thanks

• Instabuy for me, love Virsyn's stuff and price is good.

• Yes the difference between what you imagine on reading the AppStore’s description vs what some apps actually do can often be poles apart.
    A separate delay to each of 27 spectrum bands?? .. £7 later you are either sitting there with the best delay ever.... or another messy squelcher for the scrapheap pile.

• Isn't this like apeDelay except that apeDelay can use up to 2048 bands?

• I own and love some Virsyn apps but I really don’t understand why, very often, they and other devs don’t make any videos to promote their creations, especially now that even AppStore allows that in the description. It’s cheap and fast and brings a lot of sells (if an app is good, obviously).

• Dougs on the case.

• Nice idea, but I wonder if it would have been more useful if the number of bands could have been altered, with variable crossover points.

• @Faland said:
    I own and love some Virsyn apps but I really don’t understand why, very often, they and other devs don’t make any videos to promote their creations, especially now that even AppStore allows that in the description. It’s cheap and fast and brings a lot of sells (if an app is good, obviously).

For many apps, the number of additional sales you get from having a video is fewer than you imagine--and good videos are not as easy to make as you might imagine (and if someone is really talented as a coder but not as a video maker, they are likely to be especially reluctant to make a video not up to their standards--such people care about quality). Also, many devs figure that their user community (which includes folks like Doug and Jakob) will generate videos that are more effective than what they could do.

• Reminds me of an older vst-effect from Native Instruments (I think - can’t remember).
    I don’t need a 17th delay.
    But.
    Common, it’s Virsyn.
    Instabuy.

• @espiegel123 said:

For many apps, the number of additional sales you get from having a video is fewer than you imagine

The thing is, without a video or audio demonstration we don't know what the app will do, or sound like.

If it wasn't for people like Doug and Jakob a lot of apps wouldn't get any sales at all.

• Hmmm...
    Watched the video, but still not sure.
    The presets have a lot of variety it seems.

• @MonzoPro said:

@espiegel123 said:

For many apps, the number of additional sales you get from having a video is fewer than you imagine

The thing is, without a video or audio demonstration we don't know what the app will do, or sound like.

If it wasn't for people like Doug and Jakob a lot of apps wouldn't get any sales at all.

I subscribe this. Sad but true.

• @CracklePot said:
    Hmmm...
    Watched the video, but still not sure.
    The presets have a lot of variety it seems.

Didn't tempt me at all until it got to the end of Doug's vid and he discovered a couple of tasty presets. Then I thought...hmm...

• @MonzoPro said:

@espiegel123 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@espiegel123 said:

But Doug and Jakob and other folks (and other users) DO post videos and reviews -- and the dev probably believes that the demos that they post will be as or more effective than what he would put together. Virsyn has been in the development and publishing game for quite a while. He may have a better sense of what impacts his sales than we do. He may have found that the videos that others post have more impact than the ones that he has done in the past.

When one makes niche apps that have a avid customers, it isn't always that case that resources pumped into promotion have the payoff that you might imagine.

• So many reverbs
    so many delays
    so little time
    to give them their plays
    hard to be certain
    not wishing to blame
    but often concerned
    they're mostly the same...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    So many reverbs
    so many delays
    so little time
    to give them their plays
    hard to be certain
    not wishing to blame
    but often concerned
    they're mostly the same...

:smiley: absolutely (with very few exceptions)

• I still use Dubstation 9 times out of ten. Now and again I’ll choose a different one, but I find old dubby nice and consistently good. I’ve forced myself to stop buying new ones now. I’ll admit I was tempted by BandDelay but I’ve not bought it. But I did but the new Eventide, MangledVerb app without blinking 😇.

• I like BandDelay a lot, I think it is more than just a delay. It can really help "forging" your song. In the track below, I have used BandDelay in the rhythmic part (composed of elements from Fractal Bits, Poly 2 and Playbeat).

• @cuscolima said:
    I like BandDelay a lot, I think it is more than just a delay. It can really help "forging" your song. In the track below, I have used BandDelay in the rhythmic part (composed of elements from Fractal Bits, Poly 2 and Playbeat).

That sounds very cool, there.

Do you have FAC Bandit or apeDelay?
    How do those compare?

This seems more controllable than apeDelay, and has 9x more bands than Bandit.
    Anyway, just looking for some opinions based on actual use.

• @CracklePot said:

@cuscolima said:
    I like BandDelay a lot, I think it is more than just a delay. It can really help "forging" your song. In the track below, I have used BandDelay in the rhythmic part (composed of elements from Fractal Bits, Poly 2 and Playbeat).

How do those compare?

I have these apps but I don't think you can really compare. The 27 bands make this app quite unique. If you have Barkfilter from the same dev you will have a better picture of what this app can really achieve

• @cuscolima said:

@CracklePot said:

@cuscolima said:

How do those compare?

I have these apps but I don't think you can really compare. The 27 bands make this app quite unique. If you have Barkfilter from the same dev you will have a better picture of what this app can really achieve

Ah ok.
    I do have bark filter.
    I will take a closer look.
    Thank you.

• @cuscolima said:

Nice!

• edited October 2019

I keep hoping there will be a delay closer to the GRM Tools delay. Getting closer...
    this looks very fun, I'm getting it (despite my frustrations with versyn) as it seems to offer something different.

• @cuscolima said:

Dope af. Consider my top hat doffed.