Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Novation Launchkey Mini Mk3

Comments

• That’s pretty deep integration. Will have to watch out for when they start appearing cheap 2nd hand on eBay

• If they add step sequencer on the launchpadX or mini mk3 for Groovebox I promise I’ll buy new , both keys and X(or mini) and upload a video for proof !

• ing> @Michael_R_Grant said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Just noticed this on Facebook.

This video looks like false advertising to me. Look at the cable setup - he’s not connected to any power but the Launchkey is working with the iPad. How’s that happening?

It’s not false advertising. iPad Pros can power connected USB devices. It’s part of the USB-C protocol on these class of iPads.

• @cuezaireekaa said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@echoopera said:

@WillieNegus said:

@echoopera said:
    Of all the mini keyboards available I think the Launchkey Mini mk3 is the best. I love my nanoKey Studio, but the playability of the keys is not ideal. The nanoKey Studio is great with Gadget...but as of late I've been having a lot of fun with GrooveBox and BM3...

The mk3 paired with BeatMaker3 is smooth...love the 16 pads and 2 octave keys, Arp, Fixed Chords and Play/Record buttons to make creating Patterns easy peasy.

Thanks @echoopera and @BlueGreenSpiral

I think I’m off to grab one. I’d like after touch but it isn’t a deal breaker.

Have you tried to map changing banks or patterns in BM3 with the arrow keys @echoopera ?

Yep. Up and Down buttons change Banks. Note, the Shift +Button won’t work though...but you can at least Use the Custom view to use the drum pads for some other functions. I use the Custom for Stop and Octave UP/Down

BM3 is definitely where it will be used most for me. Currently use Roli blocks and Nanokey Studio both leaving much to be desired of late.

I’m very happy they crammed transport controls onto it as many mini keyboards don’t have it.

What about the Arp/Fixed Chord buttons? Can those be mapped inside of BM3? I have those set on my MK2 to change tracks but if the Shift function doesn't work then I don't think its worth the upgrade

Yeah I use midi learn while holding shift and using those two buttons and it works fine. Should be good in bm3

Hrmmm...i couldn’t get BM3 to recognize the Shift+combo but will try again.

I ended up just putting additional functions in the Custom Pad view in order to have access to hardware buttons for all of my important workflow functions via the mk3...in other words, it’s working like a dream for me.

• edited October 2019

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    This video looks like false advertising to me. Look at the cable setup - he’s not connected to any power but the Launchkey is working with the iPad. How’s that happening?

As others have mentioned, the USB-C iPads put out a lot more power than the Lightning port ones. We found that we don't need to use a powered hub or camera connection kit to use it with the new Launchpad and Launchkey models, and I mentioned this in another thread that you may need the camera connection kit for non USB-C iPads/iPhones. It should go without saying that we would never fake demonstration footage.

• @AmpifyxNovation said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

As others have mentioned, the USB-C iPads put out a lot more power than the Lightning port ones. We found that we don't need to use a powered hub or camera connection kit to use it with the new Launchpad and Launchkey models, and I mentioned this in another thread that you may need the camera connection kit for non USB-C iPads/iPhones. It should go without saying that we would never fake demonstration footage.

Cool, thanks for clarifying. There was some confusion because of the vids I’ve seen where the device not being powered by the user’s iPad was a specific ‘con’ point (eg. Loopop’s review).

• Surprised no amplify sale or free pack to celebrate the Launchkey. I bought pretty much all of the pro upgrades and sound packs full price....think I’m gonna limp the rest of the way to completion.lol.

Has it been awhile or did I just miss the last one?

• Is there a way to dim the lights on this mk3? Circuit and launchpad have two levels of brightness but I don't see a way to do it on launchkey

• @cuezaireekaa said:
    Is there a way to dim the lights on this mk3? Circuit and launchpad have two levels of brightness but I don't see a way to do it on launchkey

Not currently.

• Quick question, can you can figure the knobs to different midi ccs / channels i.e groups

• I have the 2017 iPad Pro (10"). Trying to power off my mini mk3 with the usb 3 camera connection kit. Tried powering through a powerbank... but says it doesn't have enough juice. Tried powering through a usb cable connected to an outlet.. still says it doesn't have enough juice... Tried getting a charger (ipad charging adapter) with higher mAH out and it works.. WHat are some powerbanks you guys use to power up this thing? Or I read someone using a 3port hub and not needing a power? Didn't understand that either.

Thank you!

• edited February 2020

I’m using this one with no trouble. I don’t think the capacity of the power bank has any influence as long as it outputs above 4.5v.

I’m on the same iPad as you btw. You know that the iPads screen needs to be on and the cck genuine Apple right?
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/182202532717

• @dkijc said:
    I have the 2017 iPad Pro (10"). Trying to power off my mini mk3 with the usb 3 camera connection kit. Tried powering through a powerbank... but says it doesn't have enough juice. Tried powering through a usb cable connected to an outlet.. still says it doesn't have enough juice... Tried getting a charger (ipad charging adapter) with higher mAH out and it works.. WHat are some powerbanks you guys use to power up this thing? Or I read someone using a 3port hub and not needing a power? Didn't understand that either.

Thank you!

Contact Novation's support if you haven't already. Their support is first rate. Is your USB 3 Camera adapter the Apple version? If it is and you are supplying power via a lightning charging cable into it, there may be a problem with your unit. I had a problem with a mk2 that they quickly sussed out. First they sent me a cable to see if the cable I had was bad. When that didn't fix it, they cross-shipped me a new unit and I returned mine.

If your camera adapter isn't the Apple branded one that could be the source of the problem.

• @espiegel123 said:

Contact Novation's support if you haven't already. Their support is first rate. Is your USB 3 Camera adapter the Apple version? If it is and you are supplying power via a lightning charging cable into it, there may be a problem with your unit. I had a problem with a mk2 that they quickly sussed out. First they sent me a cable to see if the cable I had was bad. When that didn't fix it, they cross-shipped me a new unit and I returned mine.

If your camera adapter isn't the Apple branded one that could be the source of the problem.

Definitely an Apple brand camera adapter. I'll reach out to them. Thank you :)

• @supadom said:
    I’m using this one with no trouble. I don’t think the capacity of the power bank has any influence as long as it outputs above 4.5v.

I’m on the same iPad as you btw. You know that the iPads screen needs to be on and the cck genuine Apple right?
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/182202532717

Yeap, I'm using a genuine Apple CCK!

• hi. I got it working without usb3 powered adapter, or powered hub, by using only a passive usb hub in between and "fooling" the system with that. So it smells like an Apple IOS thing. It couldn't power up two midi keyboards though :-)

• Another thing. I was asking from Ampify to get this LK Mini Mk3 to work with Launchpad app and even with Blocks Wave at least regarding pads and control mapping. Didn't get any promises but they added them to feature wish list. So I'm hoping if some of you who own LK Mini Mk3 would do that also, we might even get these features implemented.

• I’m really digging this video might have to get this one day😌😌☝️❤️

• Did you use a CCK3?

@AkiVilla said:
    hi. I got it working without usb3 powered adapter, or powered hub, by using only a passive usb hub in between and "fooling" the system with that. So it smells like an Apple IOS thing. It couldn't power up two midi keyboards though :-)

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Did you use a CCK3?

@AkiVilla said:
    hi. I got it working without usb3 powered adapter, or powered hub, by using only a passive usb hub in between and "fooling" the system with that. So it smells like an Apple IOS thing. It couldn't power up two midi keyboards though :-)

I used this product https://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/product/21648/djqff/Apple-Lightning-USB-kamerasovitin-MD821?list=OZCYkRCknYDZVdO29wwUzCkspzhTUaq5uHi5hR4PKh3cMFC

• Cool! I think this is the original CCK. Do you have a pic of your passive hub?

@AkiVilla said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    Did you use a CCK3?

@AkiVilla said:

I used this product https://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/product/21648/djqff/Apple-Lightning-USB-kamerasovitin-MD821?list=OZCYkRCknYDZVdO29wwUzCkspzhTUaq5uHi5hR4PKh3cMFC

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Cool! I think this is the original CCK. Do you have a pic of your passive hub?

@AkiVilla said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    Did you use a CCK3?

@AkiVilla said:

I can take a picture, but it really is a basic cheap midi hub for 4 ports. I could also test it, if it works with another passive hub.. might take few days though

• I’ve been unsuccessfully trying to find a way for the pads to output midi CC but there just seems to be note only.

Audiobus Forum, you’re my only hope!

• @supadom said:
    I’ve been unsuccessfully trying to find a way for the pads to output midi CC but there just seems to be note only.

I think it is notes only for the pads..
    Something you may be able to do, send those pads to their own MIDI channel, then use mosaic or similar to convert the notes to CC's ?

• edited February 2020

@AndyPlankton said:

@supadom said:
    I’ve been unsuccessfully trying to find a way for the pads to output midi CC but there just seems to be note only.

Something you may be able to do, send those pads to their own MIDI channel, then use mosaic or similar to convert the notes to CC's ?

It will be on off only, so only suitable for switches...and no latch mode.

It may be worth a request to Novation to get it added, Launchpad Mini can send CC from the pads so no reason why the Launchkey can't I guess.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@supadom said:

It may be worth a request to Novation to get it added, Launchpad Mini can send CC from the pads so no reason why the Launchkey can't I guess.

Don’t want to burden my system with conversions but will definitely send them a request. Thanks.

• @supadom said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@supadom said:

Don’t want to burden my system with conversions but will definitely send them a request. Thanks.

I'm the same, I don't want to have long chains of things, or even short chains LOL, they just introduce room for error and issues.

• Maybe they want you to buy both the mini keys and the mini launch pad.

@supadom said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@supadom said: