Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria pro and IpadOS

Does anybody use Auria pro with OS13. Does it work without problems? Can I update?

Comments

• I can't say I've done all the possible use cases, but yes, I have iPadOS and I mainly use Auria Pro as my DAW. I haven't had any problems.

• No
    Updated to 13.2 yesterday and Auria Pro don’t open, restart iPad don’t work, nothing
    iPad Pro 2018 iOS 13.2

• ...and for the sake of completeness, I am on 13.1.3. I shall apparently be staying on it for a while then.

• @rafaelollero said:
    No
    Updated to 13.2 yesterday and Auria Pro don’t open, restart iPad don’t work, nothing
    iPad Pro 2018 iOS 13.2

I’m on iPadOS 13.20 with iPad Pro 12.9" 2017gen without any problem in Auria Pro...

• edited October 2019

@ErrkaPetti said:

@rafaelollero said:
    No
    iPad Pro 2018 iOS 13.2

I’m on iPadOS 13.20 with iPad Pro 12.9" 2017gen without any problem in Auria Pro...

Same hard- and software, Auria Pro works fine on 13.2

• My experience has been that Auria Pro on iPad Pro still has sample rate problems if you run at sample rates other than 48kHz. If I load an existing 44.1kHz project and run out either the external speakers or headphones through the USB-C port, it is very stuttery and noisy. I believe this was considered a known issue with Apple H/W last year. If I go through my iCA4+ and set the interface sample rate to 44.1kHz, things are fine with a 44.1 project, but if the interface sample rate is 48kHz, it's the same as running through the on-board outputs (noisy & stuttery). I'm assuming this means Auria Pro has internal sample rate conversion issues, but don't know if this should be blamed on Auria or Apple. Otherwise, everything works fine. Projects at 48kHz have no issues, no graphics issues, no plug-in issue. I'm on iPad Pro 12.9", iPadOS 13.1.3.

• @JohnInBoston said:
    My experience has been that Auria Pro on iPad Pro still has sample rate problems if you run at sample rates other than 48kHz. If I load an existing 44.1kHz project and run out either the external speakers or headphones through the USB-C port, it is very stuttery and noisy. I believe this was considered a known issue with Apple H/W last year. If I go through my iCA4+ and set the interface sample rate to 44.1kHz, things are fine with a 44.1 project, but if the interface sample rate is 48kHz, it's the same as running through the on-board outputs (noisy & stuttery). I'm assuming this means Auria Pro has internal sample rate conversion issues, but don't know if this should be blamed on Auria or Apple. Otherwise, everything works fine. Projects at 48kHz have no issues, no graphics issues, no plug-in issue. I'm on iPad Pro 12.9", iPadOS 13.1.3.

If you haven’t done so, you should report this to Auria Pro on their forums or by email.

Most sample rate issues that people blame on the OS have turned out to be app issues that result from some combination of hosts making assumptions about hardware sample rate without actually checking the hardware sample rate and/or plugins not checking the host sample rate. Plugins sometimes use the hardware sample rate rather than the host sample rate.

• Working fine for me so far but I mainly just import audio stems to mix with the fabfilter plugs
    10.5 pro OS13.2

• Thanks for your answers!

• I contacted Auria support last week because I could not register a account in the forum. While at it I asked how was Auria on ipadOs. He told me It worked fine. A update is in the pipes he also said.

If you have problems you should report it in the forum or to support so the update includes the fixes.

Auria and Cubasis update always make me very happy.

• I love Auria and have had it since day 1, but unfortunately, the forum's normal mode of operation is "radio silence". There always seems to be an update "in the pipes", but rarely does it actually drop in a timely manner, and even when it finally does, there are so many still outstanding, longstanding issues. Frustrating!

• Added my post from above to the Bug Reports section of the Auria forum...

• Long time Auria lover, but I have had far more wonkiness (technical term) over the past several months, especially as regards retarded project opening etc.

• Any news about Auria pro working on ipad os (13)???

• schsch
    edited November 2019

Latest comment from WaveMachineLabs Re an update:

“ Very soon. I assure you it's in the works...”

• Thank you. I don‘t want to freeze my ipad. It is the only daw that i learned to work with. No energy for logic or cubase...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Long time Auria lover, but I have had far more wonkiness (technical term) over the past several months, especially as regards retarded project opening etc.

If you are having problems, make sure that you let @WaveMachineLabs know via their web site/email so that RIM can look into the issues while he prepares the next update--the more detail, the better.

• Does Auria pro work well on ios13.? I didn‘t update yet.

• @Franketti said:
    Does Auria pro work well on ios13.? I didn‘t update yet.

Nothing different here on my end with IOS 13.3 than on 12.3.1, but as always YMMV.

• @Franketti said:
    Does Auria pro work well on ios13.? I didn‘t update yet.

It's working fine for me, I've been on 13 for a couple of months.

• Have not been haunting the Auria forum for some time, anyone have any clues or guesses as to there being an update in the pipe? Still having myriad sad probs over here in Austin etc.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Have not been haunting the Auria forum for some time, anyone have any clues or guesses as to there being an update in the pipe? Still having myriad sad probs over here in Austin etc.

There is an update being worked right now, if you have specific issues it would be a good idea to report them on the Auria forum.

• @richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Have not been haunting the Auria forum for some time, anyone have any clues or guesses as to there being an update in the pipe? Still having myriad sad probs over here in Austin etc.

There is an update being worked right now, if you have specific issues it would be a good idea to report them on the Auria forum.

Thank you Richard. It's a hard one, because I have many many different crashes (which I always send a note in about), but I don't know why I'm having them. It's essentially unusable for me currently. I am tempted to back up everything (not easy from where I sit) and delete/reinstall. But if there's a shot at an update in the next month or two I might wait and see etc. Frustrating (for me, me, me), because Auria in essence is absolutely my favorite DAW thing and also the one I know best/have invested the most time/money/hope into. Usual stuff...urgent and momentarily heart-breaking, but not on a par with someone having their roof blown off :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Thank you Richard. It's a hard one, because I have many many different crashes (which I always send a note in about), but I don't know why I'm having them. It's essentially unusable for me currently. I am tempted to back up everything (not easy from where I sit) and delete/reinstall. But if there's a shot at an update in the next month or two I might wait and see etc. Frustrating (for me, me, me), because Auria in essence is absolutely my favorite DAW thing and also the one I know best/have invested the most time/money/hope into. Usual stuff...urgent and momentarily heart-breaking, but not on a par with someone having their roof blown off :)

There is a beta in process. RIM will add you to the list if you ask.

Unfortunately, most people of that have problems, don't seem to provide much in the way of specific information -- which makes it hard for him to know what is going on. A lot of people have no problems. And, at this point, there aren't many specific reports to help understand what is going on -- are the problems related to particular plug-ins or configurations, etc.

Clearly, there are issues but until some folks start providing some concrete information -- either recipes for reproducing bugs, or screen captures that show how the project is set up and demonstrate the crashes, he doesn't have much to go on. I sense that the built-in bug reporting feature is only marginally helpful -- I am not even sure if he is getting the reports or not.

I know it is frustrating for the people running into problems, but I think it is frustrating for the dev, too -- he really is trying to investigate and fix bugs but the reports he gets tend to be vague.

• @espiegel123 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Unfortunately, most people of that have problems, don't seem to provide much in the way of specific information -- which makes it hard for him to know what is going on. A lot of people have no problems. And, at this point, there aren't many specific reports to help understand what is going on -- are the problems related to particular plug-ins or configurations, etc.

Clearly, there are issues but until some folks start providing some concrete information -- either recipes for reproducing bugs, or screen captures that show how the project is set up and demonstrate the crashes, he doesn't have much to go on. I sense that the built-in bug reporting feature is only marginally helpful -- I am not even sure if he is getting the reports or not.

I know it is frustrating for the people running into problems, but I think it is frustrating for the dev, too -- he really is trying to investigate and fix bugs but the reports he gets tend to be vague.

I hear you. And make no mistake, I am a believer in the product and the developer also.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@espiegel123 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I hear you. And make no mistake, I am a believer in the product and the developer also.

I imagine it will be down to one or two very specific AUv3s, if you can at least identify those then it makes the whole process much easier.

• @richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@espiegel123 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I imagine it will be down to one or two very specific AUv3s, if you can at least identify those then it makes the whole process much easier.

Might well be. I run pretty much everything through AB and most of that that's incoming is IAA, BUT of course, AU3 effects thereafter often....will try some more testing/variations....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@espiegel123 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Might well be. I run pretty much everything through AB and most of that that's incoming is IAA, BUT of course, AU3 effects thereafter often....will try some more testing/variations....

If you did a screen capture video that shows everything that you are using and shows what is launched and the AB session that might be very helpful. It might be something simple -- or it might be something that has a number of elements that are all related. It could well be related to IAA stuff, too.

If you get on the beta list, it would really help. I'd love to see these bugs nailed

• @espiegel123 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@espiegel123 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

If you did a screen capture video that shows everything that you are using and shows what is launched and the AB session that might be very helpful. It might be something simple -- or it might be something that has a number of elements that are all related. It could well be related to IAA stuff, too.

If you get on the beta list, it would really help. I'd love to see these bugs nailed

+1

• @espiegel123 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@espiegel123 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I'll take a look. Thanks for the encouragement.