Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Airpod Pros

If anyone ends up getting these, I'd love to know how they (subjectively) compare to the current Air Pods in terms of audio quality.

Comments

• And latency...

• Good point!

• until there is no latency, it will never be a "pro" headphone. Pretty useless for anything other than playback.

Apple is doing a good job of ridding any meaning from the abbreviation of the word "Professional".

• Read the latency is on par with current offerings being the same chip. I have the new ones after having my last first edition stolen from my truck because I left them in there!

Love these babies. But I definitely want those news ones!

I like having my hardwired ones hooked up to noodle in ns2 and then switching them to AirPods for playback.

• Well I didn't know these existed until I saw this. Damn.

• I really wish the latency wasn’t an issue. I find it getting annoying at times without a headphone jack and needing to charge

• @Tarekith said:
    If anyone ends up getting these, I'd love to know how they (subjectively) compare to the current Air Pods in terms of audio quality.

I LITERALLY JUST ORDERED PAIR OF THE ORIGINAL ONES LAST WEEK!

UGH

• 14 day return policy.

YAY!

• @zilld2017 said:
    14 day return policy.

YAY!

Oh SHIT!

AMAZON PRIME DAMN STRAIGHT!

• edited October 2019

My original air pods are amongst my favourite apple products ever.

I use them every day and they’re responsible for me listening to way more music than I’ve managed since my home got invaded by little people that steal my sleep ;-)

I use them to make music quite a lot with my iPhone too, with apps like BlocsWave where latency isn’t generally an issue. I also have been using them with the new universal version of NanoStudio and AUM.

Latency is an issue when you want to play anything live but it’s fine when you are using apps like Rozeta suite or a piano roll to program everything.

When I want ‘proper’ headphones I plug in my enormous ATH M-40s.

But for everyday life, I love my AirPods. I don’t love that they will only last as long as the batteries inside them though. But you know, progress. ;-/

• maybe there is hope ??

• Yeah, I want some real world tests. Who’s going to bite the bullet? ;)

• Not a big fan of noise cancelling. But I love mine. It’s a never leave home with out them type of problem for me

• edited October 2019

These could be the first Apple headphones I ever use....

(iPhone buyer since the 3GS)

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    Yeah, I want some real world tests. Who’s going to bite the bullet? ;)

I may as well once December comes. Gotta save up for these first.

• I liked the idea behind the first airpods a lot, but they didn't fit in my ears very well for day to day use. Always afraid they'd fall out so sold them to a friend. These look much better in that regard, so I'm definitely curious.

I hate the white color though, so it looks like I'll be paying a premium to get some from Colorware. 😫

• edited October 2019

Not sure why ALL Apple accessories come only in White (ear buds, chargers, adapters) when their phones come in so many colors so inventory cannot be an issue. It's annoying to use white colors when they get discolored over time

• They do it because you can see it from a mile away and KNOW people are using Airpods. It's brand recognition, and builds off the old iPod ads where everything on the person was black except for the white earbuds.

• The transparency switch is very interesting to me. You can hear the outside world with a switch

• Is it possible to activate the noise cancellation when your wife is asking to bath the dog ?

• edited October 2019

@cuscolima said:
    Is it possible to activate the noise cancellation when your wife is asking to bath the dog ?

As long as Siri can hear you over the howling, then yes.

• Low latency seems only related to noise cancelation (the way AirPods listen and react to external sounds has low latency), not sure it has to do with Bluetooth latency and real-time audio playing/monitoring.

• edited October 2019

Seems like a great idea (besides price) for various things, one of them NOT being monitoring. BT is terrible at this. When watching video the video is slowed down and synced, as that's the only way lips line up.

You would need wifi, or better, dedicated wiresless.

• The price is a joke.

• edited October 2019

@fattigman said:
    The price is a joke.

It's competitive + Apple tax. The top competitor coming out soon after (weeks) is the Jabra Elite 75t for ~$200, which should be better in some ways, but not as integrated, of course, with OS actions.

• My kids would probably eat them.

• @Tarekith said:
    I liked the idea behind the first airpods a lot, but they didn't fit in my ears very well for day to day use. Always afraid they'd fall out so sold them to a friend.

What? You never heard of Duct Tape?

• @MobileMusic said:
    Not sure why ALL Apple accessories come only in White (ear buds, chargers, adapters) when their phones come in so many colors so inventory cannot be an issue. It's annoying to use white colors when they get discolored over time

And they all use some kind of glossy ceramic making them slippery and prone to scuffs, chips, cracks etc.

• edited October 2019

I dropped an AirPod in the toilet the same day I got them. Luckily it was just fine. But they don't fit in my ears comfortably; Music/Spotify etc get interrupted constantly by the auto-pause from a bud barely falling out of my ear and me having to shove it back in there. I was also hoping the battery would last a little longer than 4, 5 hours tops. I tend to sleep to white noise.

• And it seems I'm finally at the tipping point...these being called "Pros", like everything else, didn't anger me like it has so many times over the last few years.