Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone still hesitating to get Groove Rider GR-16?

Probably the best iOS groovebox now down to $10: No more reason to wait.
Great sound, a super-accessible wavetable synth, sixteen different four-voice synths usable simultaneously, sample slicing, step and realtime automation, the best MIDI clock slave implementation plus FX and a "Mini Kaoss Pad" plus the ability to sequence other synths or external gear, or just use it as a 16-channel multi-timbral sound module.

Have fun!

Comments

• Hear hear!! My favorite app of all time. Super duper and at this price?! You must (if you haven't).

• Plus you can easily save and duplicate all of your work in GR-16 and replace it with another. You can chain your patterns to create songs. Plus the developer has gone above and beyond to refine the app and add features/functions that work well together.

• Get it or be square

• Great app...one thing it's important for people who are used with linear sequencing/visually. You don'y have a clear overview of the whole arrangement. It requires to label/tag patterns in a very functional way , when building a song.
    Personally, I am used with linear sequencing , where I can immediately edit a part or section....step velocity .e.t.c.

• Does it have song mode?

• yes....You chain patterns> @fattigman said:

Does it have song mode?

• I like it to be 24 bit

• @Sergiu said:
    yes....You chain patterns> @fattigman said:

Does it have song mode?

thanks.

Now this maybe stupid questions. I don’t do much EDM, I’m more into reggae and hip-hop. Is it still useful for me?

• I think you can import your own samples/drum kits that suits your genre....and after that it's just use of the sequencer...see the gridline you can record in. Also check the synth engine...see if you like it. For dub/reggae maybe you should also look at the RE-1 delay effect...i think it's a replica of the roland space echo delay...and other synth apps...I think Sound TestRoom has one video or two on how to write Reggae tracks> @fattigman said:

@Sergiu said:

Does it have song mode?

thanks.

Now this maybe stupid questions. I don’t do much EDM, I’m more into reggae and hip-hop. Is it still useful for me?

• edited October 2019

@fattigman said:

@Sergiu said:

Does it have song mode?

thanks.

You can do MPC-style hiphop finger drumming, slicing, it has delay FX and "stutter notes" in its sequencer, you can import samples from other apps - yes, it has everything on board that you need but it's always hard to say how well something fits somebody else but me.
    It definitely doesn't force you into any genre, and it has a pattern-based workflow.

• @fattigman said:

@Sergiu said:

Does it have song mode?

thanks.

It’s great for Hip-Hop, as it allows for precise drum programming. I could see some good dub fun happening with the fx pad.

• @Sergiu said:
    Great app...one thing it's important for people who are used with linear sequencing/visually. You don'y have a clear overview of the whole arrangement. It requires to label/tag patterns in a very functional way , when building a song.
    Personally, I am used with linear sequencing , where I can immediately edit a part or section....step velocity .e.t.c.

Using Xequence 2 with GR-16 works well for a more linear approach. I often generate the ideas in GR-16 since that’s where it excels, then record the midi out into X2 for refining and arranging. This can be accomplished with one pass with MultiTrack Recording enabled. I have a template set up with all the input and outputs set up for 16 tracks.

The only downside can be having to sequence each drum part on a separate track. I don’t mind this, but also have a mfxConvert preset that can split out notes to channels for that so I can have them all in one track if I want.

Best of both worlds. B)

• @wim said:

@Sergiu said:
    Great app...one thing it's important for people who are used with linear sequencing/visually. You don'y have a clear overview of the whole arrangement. It requires to label/tag patterns in a very functional way , when building a song.

Using Xequence 2 with GR-16 works well for a more linear approach. I often generate the ideas in GR-16 since that’s where it excels, then record the midi out into X2 for refining and arranging. This can be accomplished with one pass with MultiTrack Recording enabled. I have a template set up with all the input and outputs set up for 16 tracks.

The only downside can be having to sequence each drum part on a separate track. I don’t mind this, but also have a mfxConvert preset that can split out notes to channels for that so I can have them all in one track if I want.

Best of both worlds. B)

You can even work around the workaround by using 16 drum hits in sliced mode on one part.

• @Sergiu @rs2000 @ksound thanks, now it’s kind of hard to resist buying it 😅

• How’s she so with ambient music

• @fattigman said:
    @Sergiu @rs2000 @ksound thanks, now it’s kind of hard to resist buying it 😅

It's the perfect accompaniment tool for Ukulele. lol.

• @rs2000 said:
    You can even work around the workaround by using 16 drum hits in sliced mode on one part.

True! I always forget about slice mode.

• @wim said:

@fattigman said:
    @Sergiu @rs2000 @ksound thanks, now it’s kind of hard to resist buying it 😅

It's the perfect accompaniment tool for Ukulele. lol.

Only way to find out is to buy it 😁

• edited October 2019

@fattigman said:

@Sergiu said:

Does it have song mode?

thanks.

Good question I dont have GR so I dont know if it has it but for those styles you need a sequencer with swing.

• @sisterkate @fattigman It has many different swing options. Pretty perfect for hip hop, actually.

• @bcrichards said:
    @sisterkate @fattigman It has many different swing options. Pretty perfect for hip hop, actually.

Cool, just what I wanted to know. Thanks

• @sisterkate said:

@fattigman said:

@Sergiu said:

Does it have song mode?

thanks.

Good question I dont have GR so I dont know if it has it but for those styles you need a sequencer with swing.

GR-16 does have swing, but even better it has Time Shift in the step sequence edit menu, so you can precisely control the groove of each sample.

• @wim said:

@rs2000 said:

True! I always forget about slice mode.

Like I always forget about AB3 for hacking sync offset :D

• edited October 2019

@reasOne said:
    How’s she so with ambient music

Does this remotely count as ambient?
    The original sounds better but iOS screen recording thinks I should record stereo audio in mono.

• Its good.

• @ksound said:

@sisterkate said:

@fattigman said:

@Sergiu said:

Does it have song mode?

thanks.

GR-16 does have swing, but even better it has Time Shift in the step sequence edit menu, so you can precisely control the groove of each sample.

Sounds good

• It has a great selection of groove templates as well, and you can adjust the strength of the timing and velocity changes individually.

• edited October 2019

@reasOne said:
    How’s she so with ambient music

Bought it in the sale, just getting into it now (pretty damn deep, and a whole new workflow for me), I am ambient/down tempo all the way, hardly even use regular beats in my pieces, but the cool thing is you can import your own wavs, edit them, assign them to the pads, (without drums or a vocal soul sample in sight if you want) play them pitched, take the tempo waaaay down (20 bpm, for example) and muck about with them a lot with the internal effects, filters etc. Oh, and Serum format wavetables, of which there are many free examples. I don’t know if the workflows are similar, but it looks to me like this can do a lot of the sort of things hardware people use Digitakts for. This is one aspect of what I meant on my previous thread about sample manipulation. It runs in AUM, so that’s all good for me. For £9.99 UK, that’s got to be worth it. Though my learning curve will be steep...

• How is she with Texas two step?