Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KORG: macOS Catalina and iOS 13 support for KORG products

edited September 2019 in Other

Quote:

We've got very important news about compatibility of our products with the upcoming macOS Catalina and iOS 13. Click the link below for full details.

https://www.korg.com/uk/news/2019/0911/

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2019/0911/

Both links are dead now.

Comments

• Started reading the page from your link. The page refreshed itself (??!!) and displayed “page not found” message. Now the link isn’t working. Maybe there was a mistake or some information we weren’t supposed to be privy to. Could you summarise the main points for us?

• Dear KORG users,

We are excited about macOS Catalina and iOS13 from Apple Inc. and we are currently testing all KORG products to be the compliant for these OS and will confirm compliance dates for each KORG product as soon as possible. Now, some products do not work with these OS. Until we have confirmed compliance, we advise waiting until all devices and applications have been tested before updating to these OS.

The products that we have detected problems with.* (as of September 11, 2019)

• KORG USB-MIDI Driver (Each products that use it)
    • microKEY Air (It cannot connect to iOS 13 device via BLE-MIDI)
    • nanoKEY Studio (It cannot connect to iOS 13 device via BLE-MIDI)
    • nanoKONTROL Studio (It cannot connect to iOS 13 device via BLE-MIDI)
    • KORG Collection for Mac/PC (Stand-alone version)
    • KROME Editor / Plug-In Editor
    • KROSS Editor / Plug-In Editor
    • KROSS2 Editor / Plug-In Editor
    • KRONOS Editor / Plug-in Editor
    • AudioGate 4
    • AudioGate Recording Studio
    • DS-DAC-10R

Unsuppoted products.

• DS-DAC-10 (DS-DAC Driver will not support for macOS Catalina)
    • DS-DAC-100 (DS-DAC Driver will not support for macOS Catalina)
    • DS-DAC-100m (DS-DAC Driver will not support for macOS Catalina)
    • microX/X50 Editor / Plug-In Editor
    • M3 Editor / Plug-In Editor
    • M50 Editor / Plug-In Editor
    • PS60 Editor / Plug-In Editor
    • microStation Editor / Plug-In Editor

• Other products may also malfunction, so please refrain from updating to these OS.

We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

• “The products that we have detected problems with.* (as of September 11, 2019)

• KORG USB-MIDI Driver (Each products that use it)
    • microKEY Air (It cannot connect to iOS 13 device via BLE-MIDI)
    • nanoKEY Studio (It cannot connect to iOS 13 device via BLE-MIDI)
    • nanoKONTROL Studio (It cannot connect to iOS 13 device via BLE-MIDI)”

JFC 👿

• On My MacBook Air I'll most likely stay on Mojave for quite some time to come. The Steinberg/Yamaha UR242 driver hasn't seen an update in ages and Renoise (even the just released 3.2) will likely break since it still has a wrapper in order to be able to use 32-bit VST plug-ins.. (It could be that it works but just crashes when trying to use the 32-bit plug-ins).

Time will tell...

What's next Security vs Usability?
    (The best way to keep 'computers' secure is not to use them all).

• @Beathoven said:
    Started reading the page from your link. The page refreshed itself (??!!) and displayed “page not found” message. Now the link isn’t working. Maybe there was a mistake or some information we weren’t supposed to be privy to. Could you summarise the main points for us?

I've added a new link. The uk link seems to be gone, the us link is still working.

• @White said:

@Beathoven said:
    Started reading the page from your link. The page refreshed itself (??!!) and displayed “page not found” message. Now the link isn’t working. Maybe there was a mistake or some information we weren’t supposed to be privy to. Could you summarise the main points for us?

I've added a new link. The uk link seems to be gone, the us link is still working.

No, it's gone too 🤔

• Anyone on the beta for either of these and have any of the devices? Just recently got a microkey air

• I can confirm nanokey studio doesn’t connect

• @BiancaNeve said:
    I can confirm nanokey studio doesn’t connect

@BiancaNeve Is that just for Bluetooth or can it still be used as a standard midi usb connection?

• @Jumpercollins said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    I can confirm nanokey studio doesn’t connect

@BiancaNeve Is that just for Bluetooth or can it still be used as a standard midi usb connection?

Well it doesn’t work with a normal camera connection kit. Will try with a hub later.

• Nanokey Studio works if there’s power to the camera connection kit, but not without. And also not with a cheap third party CCC alternative.

• Ooh. That will be a deal breaker for me if it can't even connect by USB.

This sounds like it would require a firmware update on the NanoKEY Studio. I hate Korg's firmware update process, but have done it twice now, so I guess I can do it again if/when they release one.

• If this would require an firmware update for the NanoKey Studio that would really suck. I don’t even have access to a desktop computer...
    Let’s hope KORG is contacting Apple so this can be fixed in iOS. After all it’s working fine with current versions.

• I use my MicroKey Air-37 more that my other keyboard controller.
    Hope they can sort this out quickly.
    What good is a Bluetooth Controller that can't connect using Bluetooth....

• edited September 2019

I just got the latest Audiobus update that says “added Bluetooth permissions flag required in iOS 13.” Could this be the whole issue with Bluetooth? And if so, would this work in iOS 13 then? @BiancaNeve is there a way to test this? On the iOS beta would you get the Audiobus update? Thanks in advance.

• edited September 2019

You must have a later test version of AB than me then

I have 3.4.7 and it’s not working.

Weird the latest live version is newer than the latest test version anyway I updated to that but it’s still not working.

• It works with a Wej though.

• @BiancaNeve thank you for checking

• edited October 2019

This sucks .. I have both the Microkey Air 61 and Microkey Studio, bought both to use via Bluetooth, and they have worked like a champ in IOS 9, 10, 11, and 12. Anyone tried connecting any of these Korg Bluetooth controllers via Bluetooth with the recent IOS 13.2 beta?

• Good to know of the ur242 thx!!
    Was just eyeing one up, I need for more inputs.
    Wondering if they got a mk2 version comming as they did with the ur 22.

@Samu said:
    On My MacBook Air I'll most likely stay on Mojave for quite some time to come. The Steinberg/Yamaha UR242 driver hasn't seen an update in ages and Renoise (even the just released 3.2) will likely break since it still has a wrapper in order to be able to use 32-bit VST plug-ins.. (It could be that it works but just crashes when trying to use the 32-bit plug-ins).

Time will tell...

What's next Security vs Usability?
    (The best way to keep 'computers' secure is not to use them all).

• @cloudswimmer said:
    This sucks .. I have both the Microkey Air 61 and Microkey Studio, bought both to use via Bluetooth, and they have worked like a champ in IOS 9, 10, 11, and 12. Anyone tried connecting any of these Korg Bluetooth controllers via Bluetooth with the recent IOS 13.2 beta?

I didn't try the new beta, but I believe this is something that KORG needs to fix, not Apple. As I understand, Apple introduced stricter security in Bluetooth connectivity, or it could be that they now insist on something that was optional before so KORG and others could ignore it in the past, but now they must comply. As @Samu said “security vs usability”.

I could be wrong though.

• FWIW, nanoKEY studio still not connecting on 13.2b4, although it’s seen by Gadget &c as always. Just can’t make a connection.

• This really sucks, well apple makes a profit if Everyone has to buy a cck now if they want to use their gear.

• @Elvisthenrodent said:
    This really sucks, well apple makes a profit if Everyone has to buy a cck now if they want to use their gear.

Or a wej :)

• @BiancaNeve said:

@Elvisthenrodent said:
    This really sucks, well apple makes a profit if Everyone has to buy a cck now if they want to use their gear.

Sorry but you lost me on this one😌.
    What's a wej?

• @Elvisthenrodent said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@Elvisthenrodent said:

Sorry but you lost me on this one😌.
    What's a wej?

A ridiculously expensive gadget from Retronyms.

https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/ipad-music-accessories/retronyms-wej-midi-interface-and-usb-hub-for-ipad

I didn’t realize quite how overpriced they are (I bought one on eBay a while back for about £30) however I have tested it with the Keystation pluggged in and it worked on iOS 13 via BT midi......

• That is indeed quite a steep price.

• @Elvisthenrodent said:
    That is indeed quite a steep price.

Yeah, but it does have flashing lights!

• Really bummed, I accidentally upgraded my iPad to 13.1.3. Just was not thinking that would break so many things. Now the Korg PlugKey I use does not seem to work. Or rather, it just doesn't work on anything running 13.1.3.

I actually have an old iPod Touch that I think can't be upgraded past iOS 12. So I am using that for the foreseeable future until Korg fixes the PlugKey for use with iOS 13. Korg PlugKey/Module Pro works great on this old iPod Touch.

• Eeep how can the plugkey be broken? Hmmmm maybe same thing that broke sonic port ....