Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MultiTrack Recorder Plugin by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• @dendy said:

@dendy said:

@spiteface said:

@Harro said:

@zeropoint said:
    I can’t figure out how to drag clips to re-arrange on the timeline. Is it possible or do you have to move using copy , paste , delete ?

You have to use select and hold for at least a second and then the clip can be moved to where you want.. I find it strange that you cannot delete a selected clip in the timeline: only cut (to the clipboard).

This is not working for me :(

tap and hold - after a while move mode is activated

but it doesn't work on iPhone, or just rarelay, in most cases move mode is not activated

i found way how to start drag almost always

• i unset clip if it is selected
    • now i tap very fast with relative high pressure

in 90% of cases after a half of second with high pressure it starts drag

When I was trying to find a way to reproduce the Crop Handle issue. I first suspected that any slight "sliding" movement of the finger while pressing might have been the cause.

I noticed that on my iPad...... doing the long press to activate moving a track, would not work if I let my finger slide small amounts while pressing.

Perhaps on the smaller iPhone screen, pressing hard reduces finger slide and allows the move function to activate?

• Perhaps on the smaller iPhone screen, pressing hard reduces finger slide and allows the move function to activate?

yeah this is very likely ... obviously there is problem with scrolling with one finger versus dragging in one finger .. i think best solution would to bind scrolling to 2 fingers and then one finger on clip would start drag without need of checking if it was slided or not ..

Any chance 4pocket dev is registered here ?

• @dendy said:

Perhaps on the smaller iPhone screen, pressing hard reduces finger slide and allows the move function to activate?

yeah this is very likely ... obviously there is problem with scrolling with one finger versus dragging in one finger .. i think best solution would to bind scrolling to 2 fingers and then one finger on clip would start drag without need of checking if it was slided or not ..

Yes, @4Pockets drops in sometimes. He’s one super busy dude though with so many apps. After the DigiStix release, it took him a bit to come up for air. ;)

• Didn’t like at all. I asKed a refund😂😂

• edited October 2019

@Charlesalbert said:
    Didn’t like at all. I asKed a refund😂😂

very smart.. just small note: dev will pay 30% of price to APPLE anyway ... do you feel better ?

• @dendy said:

Just wanted to let you all know the issue with the drag and drop on iPhone will be fixed in the next update coming within a few days. All these issues will be addressed no worries.

• @dendy said:

@Charlesalbert said:

very smart.. just small note: dev will pay 30% of price to APPLE anyway ... do you feel better ?

Yeah, don't I know it!! lol

• @dendy said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@dendy No, I don’t feel better at all, and I don’t understand You polemic.

Ask for a refund in 14 days from the purchase is a right established for the consumers in EU.

It’s cinicaL but when I have not to care about what Apple do with the developers when I exercise a right or a option given me (even if I think that is not right what Apple do). Could You agree with that?

On the other side I spent over 5.000,00 euros in music apps for IOS (some of them also in NS2 and all in app purchase), so I think that it is not possibile to say that I don’t support the industry or the developers.

Said so I love all 4pockets apps, but this is not my cup of tea because it slows down (it is just my point of view) my workflow.

• @4Pockets said:

@dendy said:

Just wanted to let you all know the issue with the drag and drop on iPhone will be fixed in the next update coming within a few days. All these issues will be addressed no worries.

Great.. can we expect an Auv3 midi recorder anytime..?

• @Charlesalbert said:

@dendy said:

@Charlesalbert said:

Ask for a refund in 14 days from the purchase is a right established for the consumers in EU.

It’s cinicaL but when I have not to care about what Apple do with the developers when I exercise a right or a option given me (even if I think that is not right what Apple do). Could You agree with that?

On the other side I spent over 5.000,00 euros in music apps for IOS (some of them also in NS2 and all in app purchase), so I think that it is not possibile to say that I don’t support the industry or the developers.

Said so I love all 4pockets apps, but this is not my cup of tea because it slows down (it is just my point of view) my workflow.

Any app will “slow down your workflow “ when it’s new to you. Sounds like you didn’t even give it a chance. But that’s just my opinion of course. 😎

• @RajahP said:

That one might take a while... but then I think we already have a few good MIDI recorders don't we?

• @RajahP said:

@4Pockets said:

@dendy said:

Yes please, an Auv3 midi recorder 😊🙏

• @spiteface said:

@dendy said:

@spiteface said:

@Harro said:

@zeropoint said:
    I can’t figure out how to drag clips to re-arrange on the timeline. Is it possible or do you have to move using copy , paste , delete ?

You have to use select and hold for at least a second and then the clip can be moved to where you want.. I find it strange that you cannot delete a selected clip in the timeline: only cut (to the clipboard).

This is not working for me :(

tap and hold - after a while move mode is activated

but it doesn't work on iPhone, or just rarelay, in most cases move mode is not activated

Yes, after madly tapping and holding on my iPhone for about 30 minutes, I now see the move mode is activated about once every fifty tries. Hopefully that gets fixed. Otherwise, I’m loving this.

same here iphone 8 plus not working for move mode. works great on ipad pro. weird.

• @4Pockets said:

@RajahP said:

That one might take a while... but then I think we already have a few good MIDI recorders don't we?

Well....... let’s just say we need one.. 😇

• @anickt said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@dendy said:

@Charlesalbert said:

Any app will “slow down your workflow “ when it’s new to you. Sounds like you didn’t even give it a chance. But that’s just my opinion of course. 😎

You could be right, I’ll admit that.

For me was really difficult to edit the record parts when using in AUM and all the record thing/sync I find it is easier with GTL, but maybe it is just me, I become an impatient guy.

• @wim said:

@audio_DT said:
    I'm about to pull the trigger on this but I'm slightly confused by one little thing: if I record a bit a synth in AUM into an audio track in this app, can I loop that audio ad infinitum? I'm happy, for now, to just loop other bits of audio in other instances of the app. Thanks.

Sadly, this is pretty poorly thought out. Syncing to AUM disables looping. If you disable host sync then you can loop ... but the app doesn't start / stop when you hit play in AUM. It badly needs another option to sync to host tempo and transport only. Right now sync only works with following AUM's timeline position.

The next version will allow you to play back loops using AUM's transport controls. In version 1.01 you can simply enable 'Remote' without selecting 'Host Sync'. This will enable AUM's controls to start/stop MTR. Just make sure both host and local tempo are set up the same. Only when Host Sync is enabled will the play cursor move with the host.

• @4Pockets said:

@dendy said:

@Charlesalbert said:

Yeah, don't I know it!! lol

So that’s true? Wow, that’s incredible. Poor devs - that’s a vert bad deal.

• @audio_DT said:
    As well as the looping issue in AUM it definitely needs the ability to rename clips! "S00002" is not exactly distinguishable from "S00001". Folders needed, too.

I will add this one to my todo list...it's just clip id's are easier to handle than named samples, so I'll probably allow you to add labels to a specific clip id which should rectify this.

• @4Pockets said:

@audio_DT said:
    As well as the looping issue in AUM it definitely needs the ability to rename clips! "S00002" is not exactly distinguishable from "S00001". Folders needed, too.

I will add this one to my todo list...it's just clip id's are easier to handle than named samples, so I'll probably allow you to add labels to a specific clip id which should rectify this.

That would be great. Thanks for your work on this and all your other apps, too - great stuff.

• edited October 2019

@4Pockets

Just wanted to say - man, jaws on floor. This one is excellent app and watching you list of apps in appstore - do you even sleep ? Unbelievable :)

Little question: Is it technically possible for AU plugin to sample directly from HW input, not from HOST ? If yes, that would be nice solution for current impossibility of record HW audio input in Nanostudio when used in AU instrument slot. Salvation for people who want to record hw synts, guitars or voices ..

• Can the audio files have fade in and outs?

• @dendy said:

@Charlesalbert said:

I don't think this part is true. My understanding is that Apple reserves right to do that in the dev agreement but doesn't do it in practice in most cases.

• @4Pockets said:

@wim said:

@audio_DT said:
    I'm about to pull the trigger on this but I'm slightly confused by one little thing: if I record a bit a synth in AUM into an audio track in this app, can I loop that audio ad infinitum? I'm happy, for now, to just loop other bits of audio in other instances of the app. Thanks.

Sadly, this is pretty poorly thought out. Syncing to AUM disables looping. If you disable host sync then you can loop ... but the app doesn't start / stop when you hit play in AUM. It badly needs another option to sync to host tempo and transport only. Right now sync only works with following AUM's timeline position.

The next version will allow you to play back loops using AUM's transport controls. In version 1.01 you can simply enable 'Remote' without selecting 'Host Sync'. This will enable AUM's controls to start/stop MTR. Just make sure both host and local tempo are set up the same. Only when Host Sync is enabled will the play cursor move with the host.

hi there, can you set it up so we can have your app sync to host and record and play back (loop) the audio so everything is sample accurate please? This is something I have trying to find in a AUv3.

• @auxmux said:
    Can the audio files have fade in and outs?

Tap a clip to ‘activate’ it and see the little squares appear: the topmost left and right are adjustable fades.

• edited October 2019

Really stupid question: can you move the play cursor to a point on the multitrack timeline, hit record, and it starts recording and playing AUM at the same time - and starts recording at the place you put the cursor? Or does it flip the recording point back to the beginning of the multitrack timeline?

Just a bit confused by this sync business - not worried about it being in sync or owt, just want to be able to pick a spot on the multitrack timeline to record from, and trigger AUM at the same time to record at that point. Don't really want to mess with punching in/out.

• @Proppa said:

@auxmux said:
    Can the audio files have fade in and outs?

Tap a clip to ‘activate’ it and see the little squares appear: the topmost left and right are adjustable fades.

Thanks!

• @4Pockets said:

@wim said:

@audio_DT said:

:smile: Good stuff

• edited October 2019

@4Pockets said:

@audio_DT said:

Any chance of some sort options in the pool - ClipID or Date would be most useful to me, or the tag for name if you do add that ..my list isn't alphabetical, and I imported all the loops in a single batch from Files app.

• @4Pockets said:

@wim said:

@audio_DT said:

Thanks! That's great!
    I don't really see why setting the app tempo to match the host shouldn't be automatic, but that's not a big deal. Maybe at least a "Match Host Tempo" button in the popup dialog for setting the tempo?

@MonzoPro said:
    Really stupid question: can you move the play cursor to a point on the multitrack timeline, hit record, and it starts recording and playing AUM at the same time - and starts recording at the place you put the cursor? Or does it flip the recording point back to the beginning of the multitrack timeline?

Just a bit confused by this sync business - not worried about it being in sync or owt, just want to be able to pick a spot on the multitrack timeline to record from, and trigger AUM at the same time to record at that point. Don't really want to mess with punching in/out.

I think the change in v1.01 described above will meet this need.

• @wim said:

@4Pockets said:

@wim said:

@audio_DT said:

Thanks! That's great!
    I don't really see why setting the app tempo to match the host shouldn't be automatic, but that's not a big deal. Maybe at least a "Match Host Tempo" button in the popup dialog for setting the tempo?

@MonzoPro said:

I think the change in v1.01 described above will meet this need.

Ah ok, cheers. Don't need the loop feature, just need multitrack to start recording where I place the cursor (so halfway through a track for instance) - to be honest it doesn't really matter if it's the host or app that starts everything going, just need to be able to set start points for recording. I think it can probably do this already, but it's one of those apps that you need in front of you to see what's going on!

I'll wait for the update anyway before buying.