Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MultiTrack Recorder Plugin by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• @AudioGus said:

@spiteface said:
    I bought this and it’s nearly perfect for what I wanted. However, after importing/recording I see now way to move the clip around within a track. If that is indeed the case, it will be so close but ultimately useless for me.

6:04 ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=367&v=c_HeGvupJps

Thanks. Unfortunately, still no joy for me. I’m using an 8 plus. Will try on my iPad later.

• @spiteface said:

@Harro said:

@zeropoint said:
    I can’t figure out how to drag clips to re-arrange on the timeline. Is it possible or do you have to move using copy , paste , delete ?

You have to use select and hold for at least a second and then the clip can be moved to where you want.. I find it strange that you cannot delete a selected clip in the timeline: only cut (to the clipboard).

This is not working for me :(

tap and hold - after a while move mode is activated

but it doesn't work on iPhone, or just rarelay, in most cases move mode is not activated

• @spiteface said:

@AudioGus said:

@spiteface said:
    I bought this and it’s nearly perfect for what I wanted. However, after importing/recording I see now way to move the clip around within a track. If that is indeed the case, it will be so close but ultimately useless for me.

6:04 ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=367&v=c_HeGvupJps

Thanks. Unfortunately, still no joy for me. I’m using an 8 plus. Will try on my iPad later.

Works on iPad. Doesn’t work on iPhone 8 Plus.

• @dendy said:

@spiteface said:

@Harro said:

@zeropoint said:
    I can’t figure out how to drag clips to re-arrange on the timeline. Is it possible or do you have to move using copy , paste , delete ?

You have to use select and hold for at least a second and then the clip can be moved to where you want.. I find it strange that you cannot delete a selected clip in the timeline: only cut (to the clipboard).

but it doesn't work on iPhone, or just rarelay, in most cases move mode is not activated

Is it a bug or « normal » behavior on iPhone?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:
    I found a neat trick. You can simply move / drag samples from one instance’s pool to another instances timeline. Smooth, and no faffing around with files app. Little things like this make me happy.

That’s handy - so you could do multiple channel recording that way, and the just drag the clips from each instance onto a composite one.

• edited October 2019

@Janosax said:

@dendy said:

@spiteface said:

@Harro said:

@zeropoint said:

Is it a bug or « normal » behavior on iPhone?

Working fine on both my iPad Air 1 and my iPhone 6s. iOS 12.4.2

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Korakios said:
    May I suggest moving to
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/35283/it-was-4pockets/p1

It will be easier than multithreading :)

I guess not :tongue:
    Sorry but have no choice,
    @Michael ?

• @Korakios said:

@Korakios said:
    May I suggest moving to

@Michael ?

I think it makes more sense to keep the discussion in this thread - it has a better and more searchable title. Let the older thread die.

• @richardyot said:

@Korakios said:

@Korakios said:
    May I suggest moving to

@Michael ?

I think it makes more sense to keep the discussion in this thread - it has a better and more searchable title. Let the older thread die.

Title can be changed , main reason is that the other thread is older . People will start asking stuff on one thread that have been mentioned in the other . (I do hate mega threads but they are exactly the same: a new app launched )

• @dendy said:

@spiteface said:

@Harro said:

@zeropoint said:

Yes, after madly tapping and holding on my iPhone for about 30 minutes, I now see the move mode is activated about once every fifty tries. Hopefully that gets fixed. Otherwise, I’m loving this.

• @dendy said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Looks like one at a time. But you can record into multiple instances, and the audio is all saved into the same audio pool.

Which is boot cool and not cool :-) Imagine half year from now you will have tons of recorded audio from various project inside one big pool.. not ideal.. some folders would be nice there ...

The "Pool" is per-song. So all you need to do is create a new Song before starting to record. The concept of folders is there, it's just called Songs instead.

• I'm about to pull the trigger on this but I'm slightly confused by one little thing: if I record a bit a synth in AUM into an audio track in this app, can I loop that audio ad infinitum? I'm happy, for now, to just loop other bits of audio in other instances of the app. Thanks.

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

@audio_DT said:
    I'm about to pull the trigger on this but I'm slightly confused by one little thing: if I record a bit a synth in AUM into an audio track in this app, can I loop that audio ad infinitum? I'm happy, for now, to just loop other bits of audio in other instances of the app. Thanks.

Sadly, this is pretty poorly thought out. Syncing to AUM disables looping. If you disable host sync then you can loop ... but the app doesn't start / stop when you hit play in AUM. It badly needs another option to sync to host tempo and transport only. Right now sync only works with following AUM's timeline position.

• Or, alternatively, and maybe even better: Mark individual clips as loops so that they'll keep looping individually and independently of timeline.

• @wim said:
    Or, alternatively, and maybe even better: Mark individual clips as loops so that they'll keep looping individually and independently of timeline.

Thanks, @wim . Hmm, not sure what to do now - seems like it might be a bit useless for one of the tasks I wanted it for. I also want it for NS2, though, so still might give it a go. I'll have a cup of tea and mull it over :p .

• @wim said:
    Or, alternatively, and maybe even better: Mark individual clips as loops so that they'll keep looping individually and independently of timeline.

...which is the main question I asked a couple of times on page 1 of this thread, but that no one seemed able to answer, until now. If I understand it correctly, this is missing functionality in AUM, not in Multi-Track Audio. AUM would need to be able to handle loop pointers and to not reset its timeline when you press stop. Further to that, it would be even better if hosted apps could set the loop pointers...such as Xequence (which can't host Multi-Track Audio itself) for example.

Multi-Track Audio loops at the correct spot in the timeline in for example NS2...which in turn can't route audio to AU's, so you can't use it to record in NS2 whilst it is hosted there, only to play back recordings which you have to import from outside (by which time you might as well just import them into Slate/Obsidian and create trigger notes at the relevant spots in the NS2 timeline.

• @Harro said:

@zeropoint said:

You have to use select and hold for at least a second and then the clip can be moved to where you want.. I find it strange that you cannot delete a selected clip in the timeline.

It most likely has to do with the audiopool and the fact that the audio clips are referenced from there. Thus no “delete”

• Bought it. And it looks promising to use in NS2, but is it really so that audiopool is ˚Generic˚, so if you have several songs they all use this same repository with renamed audio files.. Am i missing something. Why not keeping the names of imported samples in a pool, or even better if they could be stored / embedded to specific song. Folder structure possibilies? From positive site, its so huge variety of manipulation possible here with auv3 effects to all flavours of instrument tracks..

• edited October 2019

@AkiVilla Pool is saved "per song". Just save your song (i mean inside MultiTrack AU).. when you create NS project, open MultiTrack plugin and choose "new song" in it's menu - you start again with new empy pool for that NS project

Just make sure you load proper song every time you load new instance of MultiTrack, because to my observation MultiTrack doesn't remember last saved somg and always starts with "default" song.

Of course, if you once load song in AU instance and they you save NS (or AUM or any other) project with that instance, after you reload it, all used MultiTrack plugins in thst peoject will load with proper song loaded...

• @hellquist said:

@wim said:

...which is the main question I asked a couple of times on page 1 of this thread, but that no one seemed able to answer, until now. If I understand it correctly, this is missing functionality in AUM, not in Multi-Track Audio.
    No, I think it's a design limitation of MultiTrack. "Host Sync" in MultiTrack means "Sync to Timeline". But it doesn't have to be that way. If there was an additional "Sync to Clock" that simply synced tempo and start /stop, but not to the timeline, then you could loop within the app.

AUM would need to be able to handle loop pointers and to not reset its timeline when you press stop. Further to that, it would be even better if hosted apps could set the loop pointers...such as Xequence (which can't host Multi-Track Audio itself) for example.
    You can set loop points in MultiTrack, so the host doesn't need to do that. To me, with the option described above, hitting stop in the host would reset to the beginning of the loop in MultiTrack.

Multi-Track Audio loops at the correct spot in the timeline in for example NS2...which in turn can't route audio to AU's, so you can't use it to record in NS2 whilst it is hosted there, only to play back recordings which you have to import from outside (by which time you might as well just import them into Slate/Obsidian and create trigger notes at the relevant spots in the NS2 timeline.

Just to clarify - you can record audio in Multitrack in NS2. You just can't record external Audio. This is very useful over using Slate/Obsidian because you can arrange multiple tracks of audio in the timeline and it will follow NS2's timeline. With Slate/Obsidian, you can only trigger audio from the beginning (except with start point automation tricks). If you start playback in NS2 at the middle of your audio, it will just play back as if it was in the timeline. The only downside is you can't see the audio in NS2's timeline, you have to peek into the app.

• @audio_DT said:

@wim said:

Thanks, @wim . Hmm, not sure what to do now - seems like it might be a bit useless for one of the tasks I wanted it for. I also want it for NS2, though, so still might give it a go. I'll have a cup of tea and mull it over :p .

The thing to do is lobby 4Pockets to add an option to sync to host without following timeline. I plan to do that for sure.

• @wim said:

@audio_DT said:

@wim said:

The thing to do is lobby 4Pockets to add an option to sync to host without following timeline. I plan to do that for sure.

Yeah, will do. Just this second bought it and am off to give it a go.

• @dendy said:
    @AkiVilla Pool is saved "per song". Just save your song (i mean inside MultiTrack AU).. when you create NS project, open MultiTrack plugin and choose "new song" in it's menu - you start again with new empy pool for that NS project ;

Thanks for helping me out here! Seems that I will keep this app.. renaming of files is still odd, because in my loops I have quite much info on names

• Forgive my ignorance but is this something that would help for all of those loopers our there?
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/24123/aum-quick-tip-loop-recording/p1

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

@hellquist said:
    Further to that, it would be even better if hosted apps could set the loop pointers...such as Xequence (which can't host Multi-Track Audio itself) for example.

Indeed. But really, it's the host that should do this. AUM has the concept of a timeline. MultiTrack can follow it. But AUM can't follow another app's timeline position. If it could then everything else would fall into place.

• @audio_DT said:

@wim said:

@audio_DT said:

@wim said:

Yeah, will do. Just this second bought it and am off to give it a go.

Just tried it. It's basically a work in progress, isn't it? It works - kind of. But without the ability to loop within a given range it's not properly usable for me just yet. I've no doubt this issue will be resolved soon enough, though, because the dev is usually quick to sort this kind of thing. I think this need is so great that he'll get it sorted.

• As well as the looping issue in AUM it definitely needs the ability to rename clips! "S00002" is not exactly distinguishable from "S00001". Folders needed, too.

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

@audio_DT said:
    Just tried it. It's basically a work in progress, isn't it? It works - kind of. But without the ability to loop within a given range it's not properly usable for me just yet. I've no doubt this issue will be resolved soon enough, though, because the dev is usually quick to sort this kind of thing. I think this need is so great that he'll get it sorted.

Just to clarify - you can loop within a given range. You just need to turn off Host Sync. If you're just looping material from MultiTrack and don't need to sync with other apps, that's not so bad. It's just short of what would make it super useful. Probably @4Pockets just didn't anticipate that kind of usage. Hopefully we can change his mind. B)