Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

It was 4Pockets! MultiTrack Recorder! Video and App Store Links in OP

Comments

• That will help NS2 users

• @hansjbs said:
    That will help NS2 users

Exactly! I have found that DigiStix works really well with NS2 so I expect the same from this.

• @hansjbs said:
    That will help NS2 users

Indeed.

• @hansjbs said:
    That will help NS2 users

Maybe - he seems a bit cagey about what it will or won’t work with.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@hansjbs said:
    That will help NS2 users

?? DigiStix works great with NS2 and AUM. I’d expect this to as well. If it works with those why not the others? It’s an AUv3.

• @anickt said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@hansjbs said:
    That will help NS2 users

?? DigiStix works great with NS2 and AUM. I’d expect this to as well. If it works with those why not the others? It’s an AUv3.

Just because of the scrolling text around the 25 second mark, which requires the DAW to route audio in a way that the App can receive it - AUM does he says.

• I was right, LOL.

• 4 pockets are insane.. Unstoppable. Jaws on floor.

• Yesssssss

• Just watched this and this is gone be huge for me!

• Yeeeeah I was right 😂😂🥳🥳

• Bought multitrack daw plus the extra tracks but havent used it. Is this the same kind of thing but with link or generally creating an easier eco system with aum, xequence?

• @sigma79 said:
    Bought multitrack daw plus the extra tracks but havent used it. Is this the same kind of thing but with link or generally creating an easier eco system with aum, xequence?

It’s like a little multitrack but as an AU within AUM and hopefully other apps. (I’d like to see it working in AB)

• @BiancaNeve said:

@anickt said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@hansjbs said:
    That will help NS2 users

Just because of the scrolling text around the 25 second mark, which requires the DAW to route audio in a way that the App can receive it - AUM does he says.

You have to load it into an fx slot. Other apps work the same way for recording. Pulse just added this feature. Any app that works with AU fx should be fine.

• Just trying to get my £18 worth but I guess you get everything on IOS cheap anyway. I got 24 tracks in MD but could just record in output of AUM now. Thing is it was only until yesterday I thought I wouldnt need Xequence but its a mind blow. I now control my ipad.

• Is it Out yet?? I don’t have my iPad on me

• Now we just need it to be an AUv3 that can host auv3’s! Lol 😂 seriously tho, this looks nice

• @dendy said:
    4 pockets are insane.. Unstoppable. Jaws on floor.

Matt can take a vacation...

• It could basically act as a file player or save cpu.

• Is it universal? Now that I finally have NS2 for iphone I will find it very funny to have something else to bite

• Wow 😊 and if he made a similar "Multitrack Midi Recorder" with a pianoroll editor, then I would be very happy 😊

• @BiancaNeve said:

@hansjbs said:
    That will help NS2 users

DAWs that support external interface input... like Cubasis, GarageBand, Auria, ZenBeats, BM3 which all do. I don’t think NS2 does yet. This seems like it is really for ’DAWless’ hosts like AUM and ApeMatrix, and AudioBus(?). The ”regular” DAWs have audio tracks already, except for NS2, and since it doesn’t have audio input selection, I don’t think it will work. I’ll be happy to be corrected if I’m wrong.

• @reasOne said:
    Is it Out yet?? I don’t have my iPad on me

He said it should be available within 24 hours.

• Looks interesting, and looks very simple to use, which is a must for an audio recorder for me, when I want to record, I don't want to have to jump through lots of hoops to do so. Likewise I hope it is a hoop jumping free process to get the recording back out again :)

• This looks ace.

Can’t see if you can record multiple channels at once onto separate tracks, or if all channels are mixed onto a single track.

The above would be useful, but still a good thing for us AUM jammers anyway.

• Hard working developer! Very impressive.

• @MonzoPro said:
    This looks ace.

Can’t see if you can record multiple channels at once onto separate tracks, or if all channels are mixed onto a single track.

+1 VERY good point. Looking forward to see what this can do.

• @ZenLizard said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@hansjbs said:
    That will help NS2 users

DAWs that support external interface input... like Cubasis, GarageBand, Auria, ZenBeats, BM3 which all do. I don’t think NS2 does yet. This seems like it is really for ’DAWless’ hosts like AUM and ApeMatrix, and AudioBus(?). The ”regular” DAWs have audio tracks already, except for NS2, and since it doesn’t have audio input selection, I don’t think it will work. I’ll be happy to be corrected if I’m wrong.

NS2 does have input selection, but only when recording into Slate or Obsidian. I have no idea if this will meet the needs of this plugin. Would be great if it does.

• edited October 2019

@MonzoPro said:
    This looks ace.

I’d imagine that it will be 1 track at a time, it is loaded as an FX on an audio channel and gets anything on that channel. You may be able able to record left and right onto separate tracks though.
    You could though, record your individual tracks using AUM’s recorder on multiple tracks, then through files app, drag and drop them into this for editing and arranging.