Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Did Apple neuter cMemory for iOS 7 again?

edited June 2014 in General App Discussion

Subject says it all. Thanks.

Comments

• Naw. It still "cleans" the RAM. But the dev removed the settings functionality for it in the latest update, and slapped it under an InAppPurchase.

• edited June 2014

You can try this one

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id676608274

Which seems to be identical and retained the functionality for free. There is an IAP ($0.99 Upgrade), but I can't seem to find details on WHAT the upgrade give you.

• So I upgraded to an Air and have been reinstalling apps. I installed cMemory, which worked just great on my iPad2, but have issues. Every time I go to scan memory if brings up the share dialog. If I go into settings to get the IAP (or restore purchases because chances are I've already bought it) it hangs at the thinking circle for ever and doesn't go any further. I should have a scan and a deep scan option if I remember correctly. I've deleted and reloaded. Nothing seems to work.

• same here....update broke the app....it does nothing now but monitor......useless....

• edited June 2014

Yeah mine was broken for weeks on my phone (but not iPad) and just the other day the quick and deep refresh options showed up again.
    The only thing that might have caused it to change is I went into settings and clicked the upgrade button and it started spinning like usual but instead of quitting the app I left it alone and when I checked it again later the refresh options were back again.
    I was never prompted to enter my Apple password and never got charged.

Very weird!

• I still wonder if this app is really doing what it says, I can't imagine Apple letting them flush the memory. And if it IS doing that, which is super useful, why don't we have the usual glut of flashlight apps doing the same thing?

Just seems fishy.

• We've discussed this before here, but things keep changing. When I bought the IAP a couple of months ago, all it did was remove ads, and the app still had no way to clear memory, only to display how much was used. I posted screenshots at the time, and they did not match what others saw. But I downloaded the Chinese version, and that one DID clear the memory ( or at least it said it did).

• edited June 2014

I have four different monitor apps that can clear the ram & kill processes. So there are definetely a bunch of them on the AppStore. I don't think Apple have a policy in place towards these kinds of apps. But I'm sure they don't like them since Apple do keep pointing out that a user shouldn't have to worry about that stuff, killing background apps etc (since Apple "do multi tasking the right way" blabla bla). But in reality, power users definetely has to baby-sit their iDevices resources a lot of times.

• Auria in particular is very picky, and cMemory does definitely affect what Auria thinks it can use - 30MB became 250MB, for instance. Cleaned while Auria and mem-hungry synths were still running.

• @dwarman - I'm definitely among the skeptical as to whether the app does anything to memory or processes, but what you said about Auria is the first thing I've heard that could constitute evidence that it might be working.

• I look at it this way. It either works or it doesn't, but I lose nothing by trying and gain something if it does work. The only way to guarantee I don't gain is not to use it. If I'm getting memory problems beforehand and no problems afterwards, who cares what fixed them?

• As a test I opened Auria, it said around 60 free. Opened 3 times to check, still around 60. Closed, used cMemory, which said it cleared 450 mb, opened Auria, now says 350 free. Seems to work.

• It definitely works in Auria, and you can see the free memory with Auria's RAM meter.

I bought the Pro version of Cmemory, and that always had the ability to clear memory AFAIK. Not sure about the free version, but the fact that there are two versions might be why not everyone has the same experience with it.

• @richardyot said:

It definitely works in Auria, and you can see the free memory with Auria's RAM meter.

I bought the Pro version of Cmemory, and that always had the ability to clear memory AFAIK. Not sure about the free version, but the fact that there are two versions might be why not everyone has the same experience with it.

AppStore only has 2 versions of Cmemory that I could find, both free, one English, one Chinese. I even searched for "pro"

• I've used it before, but I still have trouble remembering things....I think.

• @Flo26 said:

Thanks for the tip Flo, will spend my 99 cents and try it today...

• Look at the difference between the English vs Chinese versions

• edited June 2014

Oh and it's the same difference when I have only one loaded at a time

• Look like the "pro" version was discontinued then.

• Thanks for the tip about the Chinese version. This is what I was looking for and it's all loaded up and works beautifully.

Also, thanks for the thread earlier last week regarding best iOS music platform. The Air is such a nice upgrade. My iPad2 was just sooooo slow. I had to upgrade so I made the jump. Now, every Auria plug hums along like a champ.