Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mersenne 40 FREE Presets by Spidericemidas

Here is my offering for Mersenne.
Lots of bells and plucks, a few pads and a couple of things just for fun.

I think I’ve only scratched the surface of what Mersenne can do. Once I started getting into it and learning the architecture this week, I realised just how much more can be done with it, and it was difficult to stop!

IMPORTANT NOTE!!: Please bear in mind, the same import issue with “open in” from Dropbox on iOS13 as was found recently with the Redshrike bank, may occur with this Iceworks synth as well. But this import method should work perfectly as normal for those of you still on iOS12.

Hope you enjoy them! 👊🤓🎛🎚🎹🕷

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hne8e0jmhgtmp8/Spidericemidas.mersenne_snd_pack?dl=0

Comments

• Thank you @Spidericemidas - I know that these will sound amazing once we can get the import thing worked out with iOS 13.. off to find my mini 2 to see if I can try them out there..

• Thanks @Spidericemidas These will get a run through over the weekend. :)

• Wonderful. Thank you for your generosity. 🙏

• @Spidericemidas said:
    Here is my offering for Mersenne.
    Lots of bells and plucks, a few pads and a couple of things just for fun.

I think I’ve only scratched the surface of what Mersenne can do. Once I started getting into it and learning the architecture this week, I realised just how much more can be done with it, and it was difficult to stop!

IMPORTANT NOTE!!: Please bear in mind, the same import issue with “open in” from Dropbox on iOS13 as was found recently with the Redshrike bank, may occur with this Iceworks synth as well. But this import method should work perfectly as normal for those of you still on iOS12.

Hope you enjoy them! 👊🤓🎛🎚🎹🕷

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hne8e0jmhgtmp8/Spidericemidas.mersenne_snd_pack?dl=0

There it is
    Can’t wait

• Excellent!

Is there somewhere central where we can get all your patches? Not heard a bad one yet.

• Update just dropped for iOS 13 bug.
    These presets are awesome.
    Thank you!

• absolutely glorious! tyvm

• Thank you so much @Spidericemidas 👍

• Great stuff @Spidericemidas thank you for these. 👊🏼™️

• @CracklePot said:
    Update just dropped for iOS 13 bug.
    Thank you!

It’s fixed!??!

• Yep. It’s fixed. Great sounds @Spidericemidas and cool set of preset names 👊🏼😁 thank you so much for sharing mate! Your work is greatly appreciated!!!

• @david_2017 said:
    Yep. It’s fixed. Great sounds @Spidericemidas and cool set of preset names 👊🏼😁 thank you so much for sharing mate! Your work is greatly appreciated!!!

Dope! I may grab this synth!!
    I’m looking at the new one tho as well lol

• @david_2017 @reasOne @echoopera @Kandavu @wellingtonCres @CracklePot @dpeace @gusgranite

Hey all,
    Can any of you lovely people do me a favour, please? I’ve just had a thought about this bank.

If you are using a velocity sensitive midi keyboard or sequencer to play these patches, can you let me know how the patches are behaving towards velocity?

I don’t program velocity response into any of my patches because I don’t use a midi keyboard with my iPad and I have no way of checking. I notice velocity settings in these patches have carried over the default init patch settings of half way velocity. This might affect the intended consistent behaviour of the patches. (I am assuming the velocity dials in Mersenne do relate to keyboard velocity). If the velocity settings on the parameters are affecting the patches, I will fix them all to zero and replace the link here.

Cheers!

• @david_2017 said:
    Yep. It’s fixed.

Hooooray!!

And yes to every single word you write here:

Great sounds @Spidericemidas and cool set of preset names 👊🏼😁 thank you so much for sharing mate! Your work is greatly appreciated!!!

• After some noodling and testing:

@Spidericemidas: Thank you so much for these, you definitely are my favourite allmighty creator of presets. As much as I also appreciate all the other great guys' work, yours contains the greatest amount of "musicality" (for my personal taste). Almost every single preset instantly evokes musical ideas in my head while noodling around. My next track has the working title "Beloved Ancients". Guess which sounds it will feature...😁

• @LeonKowalski said:
    After some noodling and testing:

@Spidericemidas: Thank you so much for these, you definitely are my favourite allmighty creator of presets. As much as I also appreciate all the other great guys' work, yours contains the greatest amount of "musicality" (for my personal taste). Almost every single preset instantly evokes musical ideas in my head while noodling around. My next track has the working title "Beloved Ancients". Guess which sounds it will feature...😁

Awesome track title!
    Yeah I try to make my patches as useable and playable melodically/musically as possible, as that’s the kind of sounds and music I’m into myself. I’m not too keen on harsh crazy weird wild presets as their use quickly becomes very limited.

• @david_2017 said:
    Yep. It’s fixed. Great sounds @Spidericemidas and cool set of preset names 👊🏼😁 thank you so much for sharing mate! Your work is greatly appreciated!!!

Fixed! Yes! That’s good to know! 😃🎉

• @echoopera said:
    Great stuff @Spidericemidas thank you for these. 👊🏼™️

I think these might be my favourite set of presets I’ve made so far for the community. Mersenne is sweet! 👊😎

• @Kandavu said:
    Thank you so much @Spidericemidas 👍

You’re welcome! Have fun with them!

• @wellingtonCres said:
    absolutely glorious! tyvm

Glorious was the aim! 😃🙏

• @CracklePot said:
    Update just dropped for iOS 13 bug.
    Thank you!

Glad the bug was addressed! Cheers! 👍

• @gusgranite said:
    Wonderful. Thank you for your generosity. 🙏

Always happy to drop a bank into the community when I can. 👊😃🙏

• @dpeace said:
    Excellent!

Is there somewhere central where we can get all your patches? Not heard a bad one yet.

I will look into a few options for this. 😃🙏

• @royor said:
    Thank you @Spidericemidas - I know that these will sound amazing once we can get the import thing worked out with iOS 13.. off to find my mini 2 to see if I can try them out there..

I believe it’s working for the icegear synths on iOS13 now. 😃

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Thanks @Spidericemidas These will get a run through over the weekend. :)

Hope you enjoy them! 😃

• Many, many thanks, @Spidericemidas

On iOS download also worked like a charm.
    Will try again on iOS 13.

• I actually prefer patches that respond to velocity and/or have some random variation. It’s the way real instruments and objects behave and automatically makes it sound more natural and responsive if done tastefully.

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    I actually prefer patches that respond to velocity and/or have some random variation. It’s the way real instruments and objects behave and automatically makes it sound more natural and responsive if done tastefully.

Yeah I need to work velocity into my designs as the next step on the way to better sound design.

At the moment I don’t have any midi keyboard controllers for iPad, so it’s difficult to program velocity and judge the way a preset is behaving when played naturally on a keyboard.

But yeah, it’s definitely the next step I need to progress to. There’s some cool things can be done with velocity if implemented carefully, as you say. 😊🙏

• Exquisite sounds! I had barely made it through a quick spin of all of the patches when I started banging out a new arrangement of a tune I had been struggling with for weeks--inspired by your patch called Gospel. It's funny because it's not one that caught my ear in my first run through but for some reason it just fits this chord sequence I've settled on. That's true collaboration! Thanks, @Spidericemidas.

• @tja said:
    Many, many thanks, @Spidericemidas

On iOS download also worked like a charm.
    Will try again on iOS 13.

Cheers!