Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iSEM crashes when selecting presets, iOS 13.1.3 - (Solved)

edited November 2019 in General App Discussion

Confirming that iSEM, stand-alone, crashes on iOS 13.1.3, iPad Air 3, when selecting presets.

Comments

• ISEM is not too bad for me but D1 is a nightmare and I’ve had to stop using it. Crash, crash, crashety crash.

• @musikeer said:
    Confirming that iSEM, stand-alone, crashes on iOS 13.1.3, iPad Air 3, when selecting presets.

What about AU?

• @musikeer said:

It does not crash on my IPad 5, same OS.

• No crashes here either on an iPad Pro 2018 running 13.1.3 in either standalone or AU.

• I can confirm this with iSEM - happens to me all the time. I'm just glad it still works at all!

• Yes, iSEM crashes when selecting presets, playing them, selecting another and another, then crashes as an AU in Cubasis. Usually after about 4-5 preset selections. Also as stand-alone. There are other reports of this as well...

• Yes, AU iSEM crashes in my iPad Pro 9.7 too since the first iPadOS beta when selecting presets.

• It crashes also here. iPad Pro 2018 iOS 13.2, when selecting preset auv3 mode.

• edited October 2019

@dmnc said:

@musikeer said:

It does not crash on my IPad 5, same OS.

I have to correct myself, iSEM has now crashed at my iPad too. It took some time and I had to change a lot of presets. Have you already contacted Arturia? I sent them a bug report.

• edited October 2019

crashes here too on 13 and pro 10,5. I can't even switch 2-3 presets before it crashes,makes it unusable for me.Sadly...

• iSEM works without any problem as standalone and in AUM on my iPad Pro 12.9'' 2017, iPadOS 13.1.3

• good reason to update to 13.1.3 then and try again

• It crashes in AUM for me as iaa and au when sending midi to it from my au sequencers

• @reasOne said:
    It crashes in AUM for me as iaa and au when sending midi to it from my au sequencers

Just tried this, but works without any problem on my iPad. I sequenced midi from Atom and Stepbud.

• edited October 2019

@Pierre118 said:

@reasOne said:
    It crashes in AUM for me as iaa and au when sending midi to it from my au sequencers

Just tried this, but works without any problem on my iPad. I sequenced midi from Atom and Stepbud.

Hmm maybe it was just a one time crashing thing for me, I don’t use isem that often , even tho I should! But Just did a couple days ago and it was crashing then, I’m going to reboot my iPad and try again... all other apps were performing fine tho at the time. I was using fugue machine at the time and iOS 13

• @reasOne said:

@Pierre118 said:

@reasOne said:

Hmm maybe it was just a one time crashing thing for me, I don’t use isem that often , even tho I should! But Just did a couple days ago and it was crashing then, I’m going to reboot my iPad and try again... all other apps were performing fine tho at the time. I was using fugue machine at the time and iOS 13

To be sure I just tried with Fugue Machine too. No problems at all.

• Just crashed in AUM with Fugue Machine after a dozen of presets changes.
    Last iPadOS.

• Such a pity,Tempo Rubato (the dev) was once one of the best and first ios developers but is out of business (went to Waldorf to develop the Quantum) and as we all know...Arturia doesn't give a sh...t about their iOS stuff and they simply doesn't seem to have any knowledge to develop for iOS itself.

• I just got it to crash as well after not seeing any crashes in a long time. Now it’s crashing regularly. I feel jinxed. Lol

• edited October 2019

I just filled a bug at Arturia (support request n°584281).
    Did you guys contacted Arturia too? (or are you here just for the lol)

It seems iSem v.1.3.5 on an iPad Pro 9.7 (2016) with iOS 13.1.2 will crash after selecting various patches. This happens both as stand-alone as an AUv3 in Cubasis v2.8.1, AudioBus v3.4.11 & AUM v1.3.1

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Subtype: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS

• :#

Just updated to iOS 13.1.3 and yes, iSEM is crashing for me as an AU in AUM when I go to the preset menu.

Nothing like a good iOS update to wipe out some apps for you.

• edited October 2019

Separate bug...

I often find iSEM doesn't restore patches correctly when reloading a project.

For example, select a preset patch (such as "resonating fifths") save your project. close the host. reload the project.

The synth sounds different - as if it hasn't restored all of the envelope settings of the original patch. if you reload the original patch you'll definitely hear the difference.

(note - this has mainly happened in BM3 - so could be related to the host)

• @Michael could this be related to my AB generally crashing, and scrolling lists, as my sysdiagnose implied ...

• edited October 2019

I love iSEM. I hope it gets fixed soon.

In the meantime, what would you think is the closest auv3 universal synth to iSEM in terms of architecture? I’m missing having iSEM on my iPhone quite a bit so would like to try and recreate some patches I made/used in iSEM in a universal synth.

Any recommendations on the best one to use? I’m not expecting it to sound the same but it would be good to start off a new patch that sounds similar enough to replace iSEM in songs-in-progress On the iPhone.

• @tk32 said:
    Separate bug...

I often find iSEM doesn't restore patches correctly when reloading a project.

For example, select a preset patch (such as "resonating fifths") save your project. close the host. reload the project.

The synth sounds different - as if it hasn't restored all of the envelope settings of the original patch. if you reload the original patch you'll definitely hear the difference.

(note - this has mainly happened in BM3 - so could be related to the host)

Yes, this is an issue that has existed forever! AUv3 in AUM will never restore correctly, I always have to save the synth patch separately and reload after the AUM session has loaded.

The IAA version with AB StateSave does restore correctly.

Perhaps we could all contact Arturia about both issues (and the third issue about no sustain pedal in the AUv3) and link back to this thread?

• edited October 2019

I don't use twitter but thats the dev.If some people want to let him know.... https://mobile.twitter.com/nlogmusic?lang=de

• For those that seem unaffected by this bug, can you please try the presets by N. Ubukata?

• edited October 2019

The (preset selection) bug has been confirmed by Guillame from Arturia Support!
    He will provide the details to his colleagues, who will contact the external developer and see if the issues can be resolved.

I read some of you are having other issues than mentioned in the opening post. Even speak about using twitter to contact the developer directly, I advice you to contact Arturia the proper way.

• Provide information about the device model, ios version and software version(s).
    • Describe accurate as possible what you did when the issue appeared, so that support can reproduce the problem.
    • If available provide error or crash logs.
  • Any update on this? Or is iSEM now abandonware?

Last update, 3 years ago.

• @e121 said:
    Any update on this? Or is iSEM now abandonware?

Last update, 3 years ago.

Read the post above yours...