Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NS2 Update: LIVE ON IPHONE NOW

How did this slip breaking news? Nice. Audio tracks by summer 2020?

Comments

• Damn I thought you were trolling! :D

It's real. The revolution has arrived.

• edited October 2019

Good to hear. Hope this means we’ll get AudioTracks and better Sample manipulation soon. I’d much rather have that than an iPhone port. 😳
    Hope this effort was worth it for him. 👊🏼™️

• Wow!!!! I'm happy Matt got that out of the way.

• @DCJ said:
    Damn I thought you were trolling! :D

It's real. The revolution has arrived.

I saw it updated on my iPad Pro but it isn’t showing up on my iPhone yet. Guess it’s taking time to populate?

• Just to prove I’m not crazy or trolling lol...

• edited October 2019

Not showing in the UK

• Anyone got a confirmed NS2 iPhone sighting? No mention on Blip forum. There was definitely an iPad update.

• edited October 2019

What the fu... I mean.. what the Fone!!! I’m not seeing it yet on the App Store but this is great great great news!!!

• I see the ipad update but can't see NS2 in my purchases on my phone. Will probably be there soon.

• Wow! Didn’t expect this. The irony is I’ve been waiting so long I’ve now gone dawless and would probably use ns2 to record stems into if it had audio tracks! :)

Still will be great to play about with the synths. Presumably it supports Audiobus?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited October 2019

@WillieNegus said:
    Anyone got a confirmed NS2 iPhone sighting? No mention on Blip forum. There was definitely an iPad update.

i see it on my iphone ready to download right now - but my phone is still on ios 10.3 so I can use Alchemy .... NS2 requires ios 11 or higher

• @echoopera said:
    Good to hear. Hope this means we’ll get AudioTracks and better Sample manipulation soon.

I can’t wait to record vocals directly in NS2. It’d be very cool to lay a whole song in it imo.

I’d much rather have that than an iPhone port. 😳
    Hope this effort was worth it for him. 👊🏼™️

More users and more money potentially now, which hopefully results in more features and more speed going forward.

• The update is showing on UK store, it wants to charge even though I bought it on iPad, I’m assuming this is just the store catching up. Can’t download until I’m home later anyway.

• edited October 2019

Classic Apple's slow distribution of apps across country stores.. that's why there isn't official announcement on Blip forum yet - Matt wanted to keep low profile until Apple will enable it in most of appstores :-)

Now, you all will see why i was talking that i like iPhone version even more than iPad version :)

• It’s really real 😳

• Now, you all will see why i was sometimes talking that> @GrimLucky said:

The update is showing on UK store, it wants to charge even though I bought it on iPad, I’m assuming this is just the store catching up. Can’t download until I’m home later anyway.

It's free update so this is definitely some Appstore glitch

• @dendy said:
    Classic Apple's slow distribution of apps across country stores.. that's why there isn't official announcement on Blip forum yet - Matt wanted to keep low profile until Apple will enable it in most of appstores :-)

Now, you all will see why i was talking that i like iPhone version even more than iPad version :)

Now I have to try it out. I never create on my phone but I gotta see why you’d say that. Can’t imagine how or why it would be better then the iPad version. iPad version is gorgeous.

• NanoStudio 2 is now universal - you can use it on iPhones and iPods!

Obsidian

• Increased maximum polyphony from 16 to 32

Song Editor

• Fixed a bug (introduced in the last update) where splitting parts could leave superfluous notes with a very short duration just before or after the split point
    • Improved interpolation of automation curves when joining/splitting parts

Sample Editor

• 'Save as' dialogue defaults to the last used folder location

Mixdown

• Added option to wait for AUs to load resources - fixes AUs which are silent during mixdown.

General

• Increased sustain pedal polyphony
    • iOS 13.x: Fixed crash when Bluetooth MIDI connection dialogue is shown
    • AbletonLink SDK updated to 3.1
    • Audiobus SDK updated to 3.0.9
  • wimwim
    edited October 2019

@dendy said:
    Now, you all will see why i was sometimes talking that> @GrimLucky said:

The update is showing on UK store, it wants to charge even though I bought it on iPad, I’m assuming this is just the store catching up. Can’t download until I’m home later anyway.

App store often does this with apps that go Universal after the fact. Right up to the final click it looks like it's gonna charge you, but in the end it says you've already purchased and doesn't charge.

• @dendy said:

showed the same for me...just 'buy it' it will come back saying its free etc etc and let u download it

• So @dendy i know it isn't mentioned but, did we get any transport controls or qwerty keyboard support on this one?

• It makes commercial sense to go universal first more app sales. Shame no audio tracks yet got all excited then for a moment. Nice to get extra poly on the synth thought.

• I'm betting that if Blip released the iPhone app then what seems to be the major time consumer for new features, the interface design, has already been worked out for audio tracks. It'll probably still be quite some time in typical NS2 fashion, but maybe not as long as it may seem.

• Just a warning... I had another universal app that wasn't showing up as free on the iPhone. Wasn't showing up as purchased either. I took a chance and downloaded it anyway, thinking the appstore would give me a promp that said I'd already paid for it. It didn't. It charged me and I had to apply for a refund for the errant charge. They refunded it immediately though. Jus' sayin'... I think there might be an appstore glitch with syncing between universal installs. It also resolved itself with the other purchased IAPs in this app after a couple days. So, I think I'll hold off until it actually shows as purchased on my iPhone. FYI

• @dendy said:

Great, looking forward to trying it later 😀

• @dendy said:

I won’t because I won’t even bother installing it on my phone! But I’m really pleased this update is out of the way so that the great Matt can now work on what, for me personally, is the more important stuff. But it’s not so long ago I only had an iPhone (my iPad was really old), so I appreciate both the fact that iPhone users can now use this amazing app, and also that Matt will make a bit of money, I hope. But I’m praying for audio tracks and proper midi implementation now 🤞

• edited October 2019

@WillieNegus said: > @dendy said:
    Now I have to try it out. I never create on my phone but I gotta see why you’d say that. Can’t imagine how or why it would be better then the iPad version. iPad version is gorgeous.

It was not just me, basically whole beta team somehow always tend to use more iPhone version than iPad - even throug we all have also various iPads :))) I don't know why, there is something with iPhone version, some "mojo".. maybe it's because i can easily access literally all control ps with just thumbs, don't know... I'm using both of course - iPhone and iPad, but simply iPhone version was somehow always closer to my heart :))

• @skiphunt said:
    Just a warning... I had another universal app that wasn't showing up as free on the iPhone. Wasn't showing up as purchased either. I took a chance and downloaded it anyway, thinking the appstore would give me a promp that said I'd already paid for it. It didn't. It charged me and I had to apply for a refund for the errant charge. They refunded it immediately though. Jus' sayin'... I think there might be an appstore glitch with syncing between universal installs. It also resolved itself with the other purchased IAPs in this app after a couple days. So, I think I'll hold off until it actually shows as purchased on my iPhone. FYI

Good to know. Thanks. I always go to the purchased section. If it doesn't show up there then yes, I'd definitely wait until it does.