Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SOLVED :) - New Launchpad Mini MK3 seems cool & working for iPads !

edited October 2019 in Other

@AmpifyxNovation

Hello,
I just saw the reviews, and comparing using this tool:
https://store.focusrite.com/en-gb/compare

I can see that:

So...Is it a mistake ? The MK3 is not compatible with LaunchPad app ? You can't use it on your iPad with custom 3 scenes ????....
Please, let me know this isn't a nightmare... :'(

Comments

• Hmm. No iPad?

That would be a strange omission.

Hopefully a 'typo'.

• US Focusrite is telling me it's under testing...Soon they will publish publicly the results.
    Good point is MK3 still a class compliant device, so, indeed, hopefully...

• edited October 2019

I'm almost sure it's a typo or incomplete document. But it does definitely work with iPads. Almost sure it will then work with Launchpad app. See Gas at 11:41 on the iPad.

• @DatGood I was about to post the same video! But it’s not the mini ....

• Ah ! Interesting, thank you both :)

@Korakios said:
    @DatGood I was about to post the same video! But it’s not the mini ....

• Considering that it works well with the Launchpad app, I would think they would want both units to be iPad (and iPhone) compatible.

• Unfortunately I had one feedback atm that Launchpad App (and only this app) wasn't working at all on the Launch X or mini MK3.
    Connecting to an iPad is working on Launch X, so it should work with the MK3.

• edited October 2019

Ok they're both officially IOS compliant :)
    https://support.novationmusic.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000777685-Launchpad-Comparison

Just need to confirm about Launchpad app on both...

• We are releasing an update for Launchpad app today with support for the new Launchpad mini and X on the iPad version of Launchpad. In our testing you can plug straight in with the USB C iPads, but you may need the camera kit/powered hub for lightning port iPads as they generally output less power depending on the model.

Cain // Ampify

• @AmpifyxNovation said:
    We are releasing an update for Launchpad app today with support for the new Launchpad mini and X on the iPad version of Launchpad. In our testing you can plug straight in with the USB C iPads, but you may need the camera kit/powered hub for lightning port iPads as they generally output less power depending on the model.

Cain // Ampify

Youhou ! Thanks !
    Instabuy on LaunchPad X :)

• Nice Animoog polyphonic aftertouch demonstration around 12:40 by Gas.

I haven't seen any mention of bluetooth midi. I guess there is none?

• @AmpifyxNovation said:
    We are releasing an update for Launchpad app today with support for the new Launchpad mini and X on the iPad version of Launchpad. In our testing you can plug straight in with the USB C iPads, but you may need the camera kit/powered hub for lightning port iPads as they generally output less power depending on the model.

Cain // Ampify

Please consider adding a step sequencer on Groovebox aka push2 :)

• edited October 2019

Getting ready for it's arrival :)

• @Korakios said:

@AmpifyxNovation said:

Cain // Ampify

Please consider adding a step sequencer on Groovebox aka push2 :)

Would be nice to see a video of it in operation... With that fancy custom layout..😉
    Also, how would the custom layout work with AUM/AB3?
    Thanks..

• @AmpifyxNovation , Cain , thank you so much for talking with us about the new launch pads. So glad that they now work on iPads.

Heres another big ask. Since the on line version of Components needs a browser with web-midi and google programmers are not moving of giving iOS users that feature on their iOS browser is there any development for an iOS Components app? If not, what can be done to convince Novation to convert the one they have to iOS? This is a huge need for those of us who really want this controller for just their iOS music production.

For me, not having access to components on my iPad Pro is whats really stopping me from making a purchase.

Again, thank you so much for your time.

• @AmpifyxNovation said:

Cain // Ampify

Relax y'all'...LOL

• edited October 2019

@RUST( i )K said:

@AmpifyxNovation said:

Cain // Ampify

Relax y'all'...LOL

Im relaxing but Im also making a critical prepurchase inquiry to make sure this amazing controller will be completely supported, via iOS, for those of us who have no interest in using a desktop ever again. Components App being on iOS is absolutely imperative for me to buy the LaunchPad Mini MK3.

If there is No iOS app to customize the three banks, I can’t make that purchase.

Really hope Cain of @AmpifyxNovation comes back with good news about this.

Integrating Components into Current iOS Launchpad app would be the best move. Just saying....

• @SMKArtist I'll test on Chrome, Firefox and Safari on IOS to see if one works by chance...
    That would be indeed great to directly administrate the Launchpad directly on the iPad, but if not, I don't see what Novation can do about this...
    I guess it's up to the dev of these browsers to have the same libs on the most possible platform...

• @crony said:
    @SMKArtist I'll test on Chrome, Firefox and Safari on IOS to see if one works by chance...
    That would be indeed great to directly administrate the Launchpad directly on the iPad, but if not, I don't see what Novation can do about this...
    I guess it's up to the dev of these browsers to have the same libs on the most possible platform...

Well, what the folks at @AmpifyxNovation can do is just copy the web code from their web app, convert it to match iOS and implement it into the main LaunchPad app for iOS.

I’ll tell you right now, if you are able to get any of the iOS browsers to run web-midi, that will be a miracle.

• edited October 2019

iPadOS should be the first step to get full web browsers on iPad. Safari is the first but probably not the last...
    As embedding html code into app something like Phonegap could do the job so no need to implement it inside launchpad app if the don’t want...
    Create a dedicated app should be straight forward...

• I've just knocked this little puppy up in preparation :)

Its for when I'm hosting the Ampify apps in AUM to give me control of the levels and for recording my jams, a duty currently performed by a NanoKontrol.....doing it on the LP though will mean one less USB port to try and find :)

• @AndyPlankton said:
    I've just knocked this little puppy up in preparation :)

Its for when I'm hosting the Ampify apps in AUM to give me control of the levels and for recording my jams, a duty currently performed by a NanoKontrol.....doing it on the LP though will mean one less USB port to try and find :)

Can’t wait to see the videos on this controller in iOS.. looks interesting..

• Yes. Let these videos roll in. Maybe this is really useful...

• Ok I've tested it today as I received my LaunchPad X, so yeah, needs to be connected to a computer for templates...
    All seems to work, but drag'n'drop doesn't work...

Anyway, @AmpifyxNovation is it possible for Launchpad app to have less bright on the pads while they're not running into Launchpad app ? Because the difference between on/off is not super clear to me...
    Thanks for considering :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

Cool! Did you get the mini? I’m thinking a mini is great value for a ‘modular midi’ controller.

I started experimenting with a MidiDesigner layout that I could use in ‘slideover’ Mode in AUM.

Apart from the XY pads, the mini looks a great option.

• Will MK2 launchpads supports Components software for remapping keys?

• @SpookyZoo said:

@AndyPlankton said:

>

Cool! Did you get the mini? I’m thinking a mini is great value for a ‘modular midi’ controller.

I started experimenting with a MidiDesigner layout that I could use in ‘slideover’ Mode in AUM.

Apart from the XY pads, the mini looks a great option.

Yes I have the Mini....great little unit that works nicely with the LP app, just like the MK2 LP's did....The added benefit of the MK3 is the user page....so it's like you have 2 controllers in one and can switch between them. Nice small footprint, and the pads are not too cramped for my chubby pinkies either :)

The user page setup uses widgets....these are shortcuts you can use in components to save you having to add and map individual pads for everything....you have faders, pan, drum grid, scale, keyboard, and then individual pads for Program Change, CC and Note. You can send each widget to a different MIDI channel if you wish.
    There are some limits with these widgets though, faders are full 8 pads for example, so to do a single column layout like yours (which is what I initially thought I would do) you would have to forgo the fader widget and do it using individual pads sending note values instead, which would mean that the faders won't display like faders...but they would still work like them (if that makes sense).
    It is entirely possible that more widgets will get added in the future, so you could get your X/Y's (albeit very low resolution) at some point in the future.
    I opted to move my record arm buttons to the side instead as I'm only using 4 channels plus a master
    I haven't yet had chance to explore fully what I can do with it, but so far it is looking very positive :)

Worth noting, if you are tossing up between the Mini and the X there are differences beyond the size, the Mini isn't velocity sensitive for example.

Tonight will be my first proper session using the Ampify Apps and AUM with both the new Launchkey and Launchpad mini's......One of my regular setups was this but with full size MK2 Launchkey-25 and Launchpad

I'll report back how I get on :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

The user page setup uses widgets....these are shortcuts you can use in components to save you having to add and map individual pads for everything....you have faders, pan, drum grid, scale, keyboard, and then individual pads for Program Change, CC and Note. You can send each widget to a different MIDI channel if you wish.
    There are some limits with these widgets though, faders are full 8 pads for example, so to do a single column layout like yours (which is what I initially thought I would do) you would have to forgo the fader widget and do it using individual pads sending note values instead, which would mean that the faders won't display like faders...but they would still work like them (if that makes sense).
    It is entirely possible that more widgets will get added in the future, so you could get your X/Y's (albeit very low resolution) at some point in the future.
    I opted to move my record arm buttons to the side instead as I'm only using 4 channels plus a master
    I haven't yet had chance to explore fully what I can do with it, but so far it is looking very positive :)

Worth noting, if you are tossing up between the Mini and the X there are differences beyond the size, the Mini isn't velocity sensitive for example.

Tonight will be my first proper session using the Ampify Apps and AUM with both the new Launchkey and Launchpad mini's......One of my regular setups was this but with full size MK2 Launchkey-25 and Launchpad

Good stuff! Yeah, it's the Widgets on the custom pages that have definitely piqued my interest. Do the minis have 4 custom pages like the X?

I've asked Ampify if they have any plans for Groovebox integration. They said not yet but asked how I could see that working.

I suggested ... Launching 'scenes', sliders controlling volume, Mutes, Solo (not in GB currently), parameters of the Synth engine . Maybe a native Groovebox mode on the custom pages where you could choose the Scale, bar length, tempo etc.

Lets see what they say.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Good stuff! Yeah, it's the Widgets on the custom pages that have definitely piqued my interest. Do the minis have 4 custom pages like the X?

I've asked Ampify if they have any plans for Groovebox integration. They said not yet but asked how I could see that working.

I suggested ... Launching 'scenes', sliders controlling volume, Mutes, Solo (not in GB currently), parameters of the Synth engine . Maybe a native Groovebox mode on the custom pages where you could choose the Scale, bar length, tempo etc.

Lets see what they say.

I think the X has more custom pages available....but I'm not 100% sure on that though....I will find out later on ;)...still in the office at the mo'

I'm sure Ampify will be open to any workable ideas for integration that don't complicate things for users.

• The X gives us 4 custom channels on device. So far it feels great to use with iOS.