Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• IceGear doesn’t disappoint

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    👀 Grabbed

Yep, instantly

• It’s good! Not seeing too much that you couldn’t do between the other synths, although I’m sure there’s some added features and functionality. But having everything packaged together, being able to combine synth engines, and having it all on one page makes a big difference.

• Beautiful looking synth.

Added to my IceGear collection.

Sounding good too.

• Ohh yeahhh 😃, Icegear is top notch, instabuy!

• This is nice and pretty deep synth but in my usual 'need to find flaws' style I would have loved to see a sync and maybe even ring-mod option between the oscillators, at least for the basic wave-shapes, but as is it covers a lot of sonic ground and I like it!

I actually prefer this synth as an AUv3 as the UI gets a LOT bigger so it's easier for me to see :)

• Looks a bit like an AU version of their older Cassini

• @TimRussell said:
    Looks a bit like an AU version of their older Cassini

Cassini was even deeper in some areas,
    3 oscillators of various types with unique parameters and an insane amount of envelopes and LFOs :)
    (Some day I'll dig back into Cassini but may brain starts to go in circles).

For me this one strikes the balance better between complexity and ease of use, it's a fun synth! :)

• A ton of fun playing with the noise types and comb filters...

• maybe some1 could post a diffrent sound demo if you play with it !?
    odd sounds and unusual ?! not the vanilla like in demo !?:)
    thanks

• I appreciate how they keep experimenting with different synthesis styles with their many releases, though aside from Cassini (a classic fav I regularly visit) I found some too limiting to a certain type of sound, that I usually skip them over in favor of synths with wider sound pallet.

That’s certainly not an issue with Lagrange - it’s kind of like an “Icegear greatest hits” — An incredible amount of sound sculpting power all on one screen. I’ll easily get lost in this one for hours and keep coming back.

• @Samu said:

@TimRussell said:
    Looks a bit like an AU version of their older Cassini

Cassini was even deeper in some areas,
    3 oscillators of various types with unique parameters and an insane amount of envelopes and LFOs :)
    (Some day I'll dig back into Cassini but may brain starts to go in circles).

For me this one strikes the balance better between complexity and ease of use, it's a fun synth! :)

God I loved Cassini.

• Nice surprise. There goes my evening...

• edited October 2019

@waka_x said:
    maybe some1 could post a diffrent sound demo if you play with it !?
    odd sounds and unusual ?! not the vanilla like in demo !?:)
    thanks

For odd and unusual sounds, Icegear’s Kronecker might be better suited. Lagrange can achieve that with modulation and some of the noise engines but it doesn’t seem to be its focus or strong-suit. It excels at amazingly lush strings, bells, bread and butter sounds, bass, brass, FM tones. It’s a multi-engine synth (ala Sugar Bytes Factory, but without extensive mod matrix)

I find some of the sound engines more pleasing and usable by themselves than factory for my style of music and a lot quicker to program and come up with something that’ll fit well in a track - especially ambient style.

• Most of the time I am regretting not getting ich gear stuff. So this Time I think I will take the plunge and get it right away. Maybe sooner or later @Spidericemidas comes along with some incredible presets i cannot use without the synth... haha. So I better join the party early

• After some initial noodling: Sound wise it's an Icegear synth, no doubt... The routing change concept is very interesting and innovative (at least for someone like me), but it should come with a bit of a safety warning: changing the routing can sometimes result in very loud or harsh sounds. Be sure to not have the volume all the way up before changing!

• @david_2017 said:
    Most of the time I am regretting not getting ich gear stuff. So this Time I think I will take the plunge and get it right away. Maybe sooner or later @Spidericemidas comes along with some incredible presets i cannot use without the synth... haha. So I better join the party early

Hey hey! I’ve just posted a soundbank for Icegear’s Red Shrike on the Forum, and I’m well into the next soundbank on Mersenne, posting soon hopefully.
    Just be aware there seems to be an import issue at the moment on iOS13 with the “open in” from Dropbox procedure, at least for this bank in Red Shrike. But it’s all working fine as normal on iOS12.3 at least. It might be a Files app issue within 13, or it might be that Icegear need to patch an update to Red Shrike for iOS13. Not sure.

• @ZenEagle said:
    I appreciate how they keep experimenting with different synthesis styles with their many releases, though aside from Cassini (a classic fav I regularly visit) I found some too limiting to a certain type of sound, that I usually skip them over in favor of synths with wider sound pallet.

That’s certainly not an issue with Lagrange - it’s kind of like an “Icegear greatest hits” — An incredible amount of sound sculpting power all on one screen. I’ll easily get lost in this one for hours and keep coming back.

That’s a great summation of this app.

Lovely stuff!

• @Spidericemidas thanks for swinging by... yeah this is exactly what I mean. I love your ambient-ish floaty wonderful sounds but since I don’t have the red shrike I am out of the party this time ;)

• Am I incorrect, or is Cassini not in the app store anymore?

• edited October 2019

I look forward to their up coming synths: Sharp Dressed Man, and Legs. :)

I have yet to buy any of this developer’s synths, which is unusual because I tend to be a bit trigger happy when buying music apps on iPad, because they’re so inexpensive and usually are worth it.

So what have I been missing? Do any of their synths stand out in particular?

• La Grange

• Had a play after my instant purchase and I have to say it’s one of those rare times that It instantly clicked. I have the Ice Gear collection and this is my favorite. Lots of possibilities with this guy!

• IG synth plugs dont come with much presets normally. Is this one an exception? I am not a knob twister and synth magician so I rely often on presets (or random features). Lagrange shipping with more than 20 presets?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Am I incorrect, or is Cassini not in the app store anymore?

Not listed on ice gear website either
    This is the new Cassini me thinks

• edited October 2019

@david_2017 said:
    IG synth plugs dont come with much presets normally. Is this one an exception? I am not a knob twister and synth magician so I rely often on presets (or random features). Lagrange shipping with more than 20 presets?

30 factory presets it seems. And def. from the family you would expect. Bellish etc. Have no doubt with all those knobs and dials that talented designers could/will come up with interesting banks etc. Admit to being a bit underwhelmed initially. Probably just isn't precisely my tub of ghee.

• Now I wanted to get Cassine too because of all the talk and it‘s gone :(

It looked so fabulous

• @Zaubrer said:
    Now I wanted to get Cassine too because of all the talk and it‘s gone :(

It looked so fabulous

Cassini sounds great, but is not AU and is a bit futzy for programming.