Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Problem with Beatmaker 3 & Troublemaker AUv3 Macros - any help?

edited October 2019 in Support and Feedback

At the moment I try out Beatmaker 3. I want to use it for sequencing some AUv3 synths. If I load Troublemaker AU it works all fine even with Rozetta Bassline. But sometimes I have a problem with the macros if I want to bind and route them to my midi controller. Sometimes the macro knobs in the plugin screen of Troublemaker are showing strange values like in the pic down. In this case I am still able to bind them but if I want to use the macro nothing in the sound is changing. I want to route the cutoff and resonance of Troublemaker to my Midi controller...Sometimes it works...sometime no....😔

Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?

Comments

• Yes, BM3 has issues with AUs which don't use parameter ranges of 0-1. All my AUs use parameter ranges of 0-127, so that could be the problem here as well. I hope this is fixed in the upcoming update.

• @brambos said:
    Yes, BM3 has issues with AUs which don't use parameter ranges of 0-1. All my AUs use parameter ranges of 0-127, so that could be the problem here as well. I hope this is fixed in the upcoming update.

If you're not part of the BM3 beta (I skipped this time around) then this is something @tk32 (or anyone else on the beta) should definitely add to the list before the update gets out into the wild...

• Ok thank you. Hopefully they will fix it with one of the next updates

• I think this issue is old& well known while I was on BM3 forums . Mostly described as ‘automation bug’ , so I believe it will be fixed

• @Samu said:

@brambos said:
    Yes, BM3 has issues with AUs which don't use parameter ranges of 0-1. All my AUs use parameter ranges of 0-127, so that could be the problem here as well. I hope this is fixed in the upcoming update.

If you're not part of the BM3 beta (I skipped this time around) then this is something @tk32 (or anyone else on the beta) should definitely add to the list before the update gets out into the wild...

Yes we are aware of this issue.

• edited October 2019

@hansjbs said:

@Samu said:

@brambos said:

I discovered some more bugs. I dont know if they are known:

• Saving midi channel is not working - I need to use midi channel 2 on one Bank. If I save the session and start it again, the channel is always 1.
    • Some AUv3 Syths are crashing sometimes, in my case Moog Model D
    • Ableton Link is not working correct with AUM and AB...start/stop has an issue.
    • BM3 is not working stable at all....for live-situation not usable for me 😔 I am really disappointed. Hopefully you will fix the problems. Like this I cant work with the App....
  • @Lycaan said:

@hansjbs said:

@Samu said:

@brambos said:

• Saving midi channel is not working - I need to use midi channel 2 on one Bank. If I save the session and start it again, the channel is always 1.
    • Ableton Link is not working correct with AUM and AB...start/stop has an issue.
    • BM3 is not working stable at all....for live-situation not usable for me 😔 I am really disappointed. Hopefully you will fix the problems. Like this I cant work with the App....

Regarding the midi channel bug. Please can you explain your actual setup and apps and we will test. Thanks

• @Lycaan said:

@hansjbs said:

@Samu said:

@brambos said:

Yes we know about this issue.

Moog Model D crashes in other daws also, this is not a BM3 specific issue.

Yes, we’re aware of this one also.

That’s another one we’re aware of also.

All these issues are known by us and the developer.

• edited October 2019

Regarding the midi channel bug. Please can you explain your actual setup and apps and we will test. Thanks

Yes shure. I am using BM3 as hostapp for AUv3 syths. In my test setup there are 2 intances of troublemaker and one instance of iSEM, Model D and Synthmaster One. I have connected my Arturia Keystep and the Akai mpk mini.

With the Keystep I play Synthmaster (Channel 1) - sometimes there is still sound when i stop playing on the keys.
    With the Akai Keys I play Model D (Channel 1) - Model D sometimes chrashes, I already told you
    With the Akai faders I control some parameters of one Troublemaker instance on channel 2. Here is the channel save issu.

In AUM and AB setups like this are working fine and stable in live situation.

Hope this will help you.

• edited October 2019

Thats good to hear....for me than there is still hope to use BM3 as a live host/sequencer 👍😀

• @hansjbs said:

@Lycaan said:

@hansjbs said:

@Samu said:

@brambos said:

@hansjbs : fwiw, I use moog model D pretty often in Auria Pro and AUM and don't experience crashes. I'm on an iPad 6th gen and iOS 12.3.1

• @Lycaan said:

Thats good to here...than there is still hope to use BM3 as live sequencer 👍😀

@espiegel123 said:

@hansjbs said:

@Lycaan said:

@hansjbs said:

@Samu said:

@brambos said:

@hansjbs : fwiw, I use moog model D pretty often in Auria Pro and AUM and don't experience crashes. I'm on an iPad 6th gen and iOS 12.3.1

Same here in Cubasis, AUM and Ab on an iPad Pro 2018, iPadOS 13

• edited October 2019

Quick comment re: AUv3 capacity in BM3 vs other hosts:

I think by now it's probably clear to everyone here that, in exchange for that amazing sampler, you probably have to accept using 1 or 2 less AUv3 plugins per project in bm3 compared to other (lighter-weight) iOS hosts.

This is particularly noticeable on lower-spec iPads (non-Pros) and when using the heaviest footprint synths (like the Moog series).

Realising BM3 is a slightly more demanding host, I totally accept this tradeoff. And I personally find bm3 whizzes along with more than enough plugins for my personal needs on my 2017 iPad pro.

I argue that it's probably far more CPU/RAM efficient to use BM3's native sampler than it would be to load a comparable sampler as AUv3 in a different host. I'm hoping we might have a chance to test this hypothesis (and restore a little faith in BM3's engine credentials) soon...

TL;DR — if you don't plan on using BM3's sampler, you'll probably squeeze 1-2 more plugins into your project by switching to a lighter-weight host (if you really need them). If you do plan on using the sampler, however, then it's a no-brainer

• edited October 2019

@espiegel123 , @Lycaan . I haven’t tried Moog stuff in a while and that’s because they’re very cpu hungry on the iPad and I have a 2017 pro Gen 2. I will give them a try again with the latest beta and see how much I can push.
    I do projects with other AUV3s and lots of aufx on every channel. Didn’t have issues even before the beta.
    I realized moog was an issue when it crashed NS2 the one and only time I used them in there.

• @Lycaan said:

Thats good to hear....for me than there is still hope to use BM3 as a live host/sequencer 👍😀

I believe the majority will be happy with this update.

• edited October 2019

@hansjbs said:
    @espiegel123 , @Lycaan . I haven’t tried Moog stuff in a while and that’s because they’re very cpu hungry on the iPad and I have a 2017 pro Gen 2. I will give them a try again with the latest beta and see how much I can push.
    I do projects with other AUV3s and lots of aufx on every channel. Didn’t have issues even before the beta.
    I realized moog was an issue when it crashed NS2 the one and only time I used them in there.

I never have probs with Moog synths in AUM, AB or Cubasis...and in some projects I use them all three at the same time and some more Auv3 synths like surizer, synthmster one, nave, iSEM, Troublemaker or Zeeon on my iPad Pro 2018. the crashes of Model D only happend in BM3 so fare.

• @hansjbs : I am someone willing to work around issues . I mention the Moog thing as I think it is probably worth it for the dev to understand why some AU are problematic for it that aren't a problem in other hosts. Fwiw, I think NS2 is a great app but as an AU host, it is problematic for a number of plugins that work well elsewhere.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @hansjbs : I am someone willing to work around issues . I mention the Moog thing as I think it is probably worth it for the dev to understand why some AU are problematic for it that aren't a problem in other hosts. Fwiw, I think NS2 is a great app but as an AU host, it is problematic for a number of plugins that work well elsewhere.

See that’s the problem and what makes it hard for a developer. AUV3s are still new and unstable. Sometimes I don’t believe it’s the host. I’ve never had a problem with NS2 until moog. I’ve crashes in Cubasis and Auria also with Moog. So I quickly blame moog. I did some test with the beta and things are a lot better with moog apps. No crashes so far. This AUV3 stability has been on the plate for beta since the first one so he’s on it.

• @Lycaan said:

@hansjbs said:

I never have probs with Moog synths in AUM, AB or Cubasis...and in some projects I use them all three at the same time and some more Auv3 synths like surizer, synthmster one, nave, iSEM, Troublemaker or Zeeon on my iPad Pro 2018. the crashes of Model D only happend in BM3 so fare.

Ok. I can tell u this from experience and Intua forums people with older iPads has a lot more issues with AUV3 in any host than people with newer iPads but like I mentioned above, it’s been an issue on the list for stability.

• @hansjbs said:

@Lycaan said:

@hansjbs said:

Ok. I can tell u this from experience and Intua forums people with older iPads has a lot more issues with AUV3 in any host than people with newer iPads but like I mentioned above, it’s been an issue on the list for stability.

Ok I see. Tank you