Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vesuvius Sampler by Cristian Kreindler

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1469982379

Description
Vesuvius Sampler is a 10-part groovebox for the iPad that emulates the Korg volca sample from the Korg Volca series. Developed by Finegear using Korg’s open source SYRO SDK, Vesuvius is designed to help users select, prepare, sequence and upload their samples and pattern sets for their Korg volca sample.

As an emulation of the Volca Sample, it fully reproduces the features and interface of the original hardware unit. It brings to the iPad environment the intuitive sequencer and sampler and the same array of sample manipulations enhanced with an analog isolator and an assignable reverb effect.

More than just an emulation, Vesuvius also features sample importing, MIDI sync, MIDI mapping (and learning) as well as audio session recording in order to make it as usable as possible.

There is also a sample edit view which features browsing and import options (internal library, iTunes shared folder) as well as direct sample editing, further enabling you to load and edit any of your samples wherever they are!

To load samples and patterns on Volca hardware units, Vesuvius integrates Korg’s SYRO SDK and offers a complete solution that streamlines your workflow.

You can use Vesuvius as a standalone groovebox or just to prepare your sample sets and patterns for your Volca Sample. It is also a great app to discover the world of sampling and sample mangling.

Features:

• 10 part sampling groovebox
  • Part assignable reverb
  • Isolator equalizer on the master
  • 100 sample slots per project
  • Interface emulation: it works and sounds just like the hardware version!
  • Sample edit interface:
  • Browse and import from internal sample library, iTunes shared folder, Dropbox and AudioCopy
  • Edit samples: trim, normalize and reverse
  • MIDI mapping allows the use of any class compliant MIDI controller to control the app
  • MIDI learning for easy and immediate mapping for all Interface controls
  • MIDI synchronisation and transport can be used to play along with other apps or devices
  • Backward and forward nudging allows syncing with a band, DJ, etc
  • Audio recording and export
  • Save and manage sample sets and projects (made up of a sample set, - containing 100 samples and 10 patterns)
  • Sample, sample set and pattern upload to hardware Volca Sample using the Korg SYRO SDK.

What’s next?

• AUv3, IAA, AudioBus integration
  • Dropbox integration (sample import, recording export)
  • Soundcloud recording upload
  • Pattern edit interface: an alternative, more explicit and intuitive way to organise and tweak pattern parameters and their automations
  • More demo projects!

/! Disclaimer
This is not an official Korg app and nor was it sponsored, endorsed or granted official status by Korg. Vesuvius Sampler is made by Cristian Kreindler for Finegear Evolving instruments using the Korg SYRO SDK available from https://korginc.github.io under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Comments

• Cool, so not an AU yet? But in future?

They might want to wary of Korg's lawyers. A little too similar.

• Great, I sold my Volca sample so will be nice to have an emulator back.

• The main thing about Volca Sample it's fantastic sound because of stange sample rate (31.25 kHZ, 16 bit) and hardware DSP. Does it sound the same?

• awesome! this is the ideal app for ios

• @auxmux said:
    Cool, so not an AU yet? But in future?

seems like a super cheap way of finding out if you want or could get some use out of the hardware version ( as well as being useful if you do end up getting a Volca... that is if the sample/pattern transfer works well )
    i’ve been eyeing them up second hand on ebay so this was a quick £2.99 decision..

• @RockySmalls said:

@auxmux said:

seems like a super cheap way of finding out if you want or could get some use out of the hardware version ( as well as being useful if you do end up getting a Volca... that is if the sample/pattern transfer works well )
    i’ve been eyeing them up second hand on ebay so this was a quick £2.99 decision..

Nice, let us know how (not) buggy it is!

• @supadom said:

@RockySmalls said:

@auxmux said:

quite convoluted.. might take a while before i can tell bugs from user confusion!

• @RockySmalls said:

@supadom said:

@RockySmalls said:

@auxmux said:

quite convoluted.. might take a while before i can tell bugs from user confusion!

Cool, let us know when you can finally tell the Lactobacillus iOS from Streptococcus Rex.

• How do you get it to run just one pattern?

• @robosardine said:
    How do you get it to run just one pattern?

yes.. i was having problems there. once i had switched the ‘cycle’ on.. switching it off didn’t return to single pattern.. i had to change the cycle to 1 to 1 instead of 10.. restarting the app fixed it anyway..
    amber alert... “slightly buggy”
    also,got a crash selecting samples.. but just the once up to now..
    reading the volca manual is helpful but shows how much hidden functions there are that will confuse until ninja status is acquired..

• Yes, thanks restarting it worked- the other 1 has appeared.

• The biggest problem I am finding at the moment with it is re-recording over motion sequences. It doesn’t seem too keen on this.

• @robosardine said:
    The biggest problem I am finding at the moment with it is re-recording over motion sequences. It doesn’t seem too keen on this.

yep.. it seems you have to have step mode on then record and play on.. part one was giving me grief but part 2 will record motion ober the whole bar.. sometimes it will... sometimes it won’t.. very kranky!!
    also nothing i do ( based on the volca manual ) will allow me to do the “step” motion record where you are supposed to be able to hold down the step button and change parameters for that step only!!! nothin doin’ at the moment... wonder if the dev will show up here?

• Calling Cristian Kreindler.....

• is this the same developer who makes the Digitakt app in the near future?

• @kobamoto said:
    is this the same developer who makes the Digitakt app in the near future?

Digitakt app??

• Ever get the feeling that you have casually tossed in a few of your chips too quickly?... it’s probably the quickest route out of Vegas.
    Ever get the feeling you have been seduced by a bit of carefully applied make up and a nice smile?
    Ever get the feeling you have been caught off guard by a bit of blarney?
    Ever get the feeling that the minders looking after you have had their attention elsewhere?

• This looks fantastic as a sample set organizer for the hardware. Even ignoring all of the other features, seems this is worth the asking price for Volca Sample owners.

I love that it has trim and normalize built-in. vosyr (desktop app) is really great for managing samples but I find the need to go and edit stuff outside of the app every time I put a sample set together.

Would love to see even more sample processing built-in like sample speed (for maximizing memory) and a compressor/limiter. Caustic's editor has a ton of processing but it's one sample at a time.

Browse and import from internal sample library, iTunes shared folder, Dropbox and AudioCopy

Anyone know if it supports Files app or at least works as a target for 'Open in'?

• @syrupcore said:
    This looks fantastic as a sample set organizer for the hardware. Even ignoring all of the other features, seems this is worth the asking price for Volca Sample owners.

I love that it has trim and normalize built-in. vosyr (desktop app) is really great for managing samples but I find the need to go and edit stuff outside of the app every time I put a sample set together.

Would love to see even more sample processing built-in like sample speed (for maximizing memory) and a compressor/limiter. Caustic's editor has a ton of processing but it's one sample at a time.

Browse and import from internal sample library, iTunes shared folder, Dropbox and AudioCopy

Anyone know if it supports Files app or at least works as a target for 'Open in'?

Doesn’t look like file app support is in place to what i can see.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@syrupcore said:
    This looks fantastic as a sample set organizer for the hardware. Even ignoring all of the other features, seems this is worth the asking price for Volca Sample owners.

Dang. Thanks for the info.

• edited October 2019

@rs2000 said:

@kobamoto said:

Digitakt app??

one can only hope (hint for the dev)

• @syrupcore said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@syrupcore said:

Dang. Thanks for the info.

The good thing is already the dev say he will add dropbox support so it probably means file app support at that point. This app with some extra work has alot of potential 👍

• Eagerly awaiting @samu 's take on this one.

(sorry to call you out 2x in a week sire) :)

• @Proppa said:
    Eagerly awaiting @samu 's take on this one.

Haha, no worries, I haven't actually gotten this yet :D

Been having too much fun with some other apps, just got Cykle, and paired it with Fractal Bits, RuisMaker Noir and Maxima in AUM and time went by like a snap and sounded something like this...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/95qrqd5ui7c7pbr/NoirFractalBits.wav?dl=0

• @Samu said:

@Proppa said:
    Eagerly awaiting @samu 's take on this one.

Haha, no worries, I haven't actually gotten this yet :D

Been having too much fun with some other apps, just got Cykle, and paired it with Fractal Bits, RuisMaker Noir and Maxima in AUM and time went by like a snap and sounded something like this...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/95qrqd5ui7c7pbr/NoirFractalBits.wav?dl=0

Nice chirpy beat there 🙂

• Does it emulate the slightly lo-fi crunch sound of the Volca on samples you import? i noticed it sounded like it with the factory samples but I figure they may have been processed by a real Volca already.

not too bad though ...about like ielectribe (minus all the effects) ,. I don’t use the latter much due to lack of connectivity or per-step pitch editing, but may come back to this from time to time if AUV3 is added, especially if it does it’s own lo-fi mojo with the sound.

• @kobamoto said:

another £2.99 ( or even £3.99 ) i would be happy to blow just to check out the workflow :)
    i’ve been eyeing those up too.. mr Kreindler could do me an even bigger solid if he did a 1010music black box ios sneak peek..
    or maybe i should get out more and visit Music Tech retailers like in them olden days!!
    here, hold my walking stick sonny whilst i squint at this dang tiny interface and twiddle these here miniscule knobletts..

• ah! just what i was looking for... tanks mr core :)