Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Red Shrike 42 FREE Presets by Spidericemidas

edited October 2019 in Creations

I’ve been noodling around with Red Shrike synth to get to know it more.
It’s a pretty interesting and cool synth. So here are some presets I’ve come up with so far. Thought I’d share them here for anyone interested.

BUT, here is the catch! Heads up! I sent this link first to Doug at TheSoundTestRoom who is on iOS13.1.2 and he simply could not get the “open in” from Dropbox to work.

However, I’m still on iOS12.3 and I’ve tested this link myself multiple times and it is working absolutely FINE for me, and also for others I know who have Red Shrike and have not yet updated from 12 to 13. Therefore the conclusion is that there must be some kind of issue with Files app on iOS13(?) preventing the “open in” from Dropbox process working correctly, as Red Shrike was not showing as the destination app for Doug. But it was showing up just fine for me on iOS12.3.

So, a warning in advance to pre-empt the inevitable confusions and frustrations. This link is working PERFECTLY for me and others still on iOS12.3, but it is NOT working for Doug on iOS13.1.2.

It would be interesting to hear from anyone using this link, which OS they are on, and if they experience any “open in” issues or not.

Cheers.

🕷

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fpenjeg32ud5u3/Spidericemidas.redshrike_snd_pack?dl=0

Comments

• Imports fine on 13.2b2 (I saved to Files from your link, then tapped in Files). Nice presets. Thanks!

• @dpeace said:
    Imports fine on 13.2b2 (I saved to Files from your link, then tapped in Files). Nice presets. Thanks!

Excellent. Thanks for letting me know. 😎👍

• @dpeace said:
    Imports fine on 13.2b2 (I saved to Files from your link, then tapped in Files). Nice presets. Thanks!

That’s good to know. Many thanks for the info. 😎👍

• Darn it.. Not working on 13.1.2 for me either.
    Saved to Files and tapped on it.
    Tried moving it to the Redshrike folder On my iPad.
    Tried Open In and Export from Dropbox, Redshrike is not an option.

• @_mwallace said:
    Darn it.. Not working on 13.1.2 for me either.

Yeah, it’s really weird. Rather annoying too. Such a pity, this very basic import process should be working smoothly and consistently, as it always has done, up until now...! Hopefully it’ll get spotted and addressed soon. Sorry it’s not working for you right now.

🤔🤦‍♂️

• @Spidericemidas said:

@_mwallace said:
    Darn it.. Not working on 13.1.2 for me either.

Yeah, it’s really weird. Rather annoying too. Such a pity, this very basic import process should be working smoothly and consistently, as it always has done, up until now...! Hopefully it’ll get spotted and addressed soon. Sorry it’s not working for you right now.

🤔🤦‍♂️

No worries. Frustrating, yeah a little since import worked fine in iOS 12. But looks like they’ve already addressed the issue in 13.2 beta. Just a waiting game now.

• It werks here on 12.3 and thank you very much fu these.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    It werks here on 12.3 and thank you very much fu these.

Hooray for 12.3! That’s where I’m staying for the time being. Everything I have and need for my music making is working solidly and reliably there. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

Thanks for letting me know! 😎👍

• Thank you for these! 👊

• @gusgranite said:
    Thank you for these! 👊

Sweet! 👊🕷

• @Spidericemidas Thank you kindly for these presets.. and all your other presets for all the other iOS synths.. (hopefully that covered any that I missed previously).. 😂 I don’t even own Red Shrike - YET .. It’s only a matter of time and perhaps a Black Friday sale, before I do.. it’s still on the list.. and now even higher on that list because of your presets.

• @fjcblanco said:
    Thanks.

You’re welcome 🙏🕷

• @royor said:
    @Spidericemidas Thank you kindly for these presets.. and all your other presets for all the other iOS synths.. (hopefully that covered any that I missed previously).. 😂 I don’t even own Red Shrike - YET .. It’s only a matter of time and perhaps a Black Friday sale, before I do.. it’s still on the list.. and now even higher on that list because of your presets.

Thanks for the kind words! 🙏

Before you decide to purchase Red Shrike for these presets, first just note the current import issue Doug found with it on iOS13. I can say 100% the usual and trusty “open in” from Dropbox method is working as it should on iOS12.3. But it may have highlighted either an issue with the Files App on iOS13 or maybe the Ice Gear dev just needs to patch an update to accomodate something in iOS13?

Doug has since been able to install this bank into Red Shrike on his older iPad4 obviously with an older OS pre 13, and he will probably do a demo soon where you can check out the sounds first too.

Red Shrike is an interesting synth with its own unique sound.

🕷

• @Spidericemidas. Very generous and well done. Thanks for these. “Whales in Space” love it.

• @Ben said:
    @Spidericemidas. Very generous and well done. Thanks for these. “Whales in Space” love it.

🐳🐋✨🚀😅
    It was initially going to be called “Return of the Space Cows”. 🤣😆

😊🙏🕷

• @Spidericemidas said:

@Ben said:
    @Spidericemidas. Very generous and well done. Thanks for these. “Whales in Space” love it.

🐳🐋✨🚀😅
    It was initially going to be called “Return of the Space Cows”. 🤣😆

😊🙏🕷

But then we’d probably still be waiting...

• Lovely work ! My favourite of iceGear synths, chunkier than the others with a great filter section.

Thanks for the share 😀

• @Paul16 said:
    Lovely work ! My favourite of iceGear synths, chunkier than the others with a great filter section.

Thanks for the share 😀

Hey you’re welcome! I really like the resonator. I knew nothing about Redshrike when I started programming this bank. I learned a lot along the way and enjoyed the synth a lot.

I’ve had all the Ice Gear synths since they first dropped on iOS, but never explored them properly until now. My next exploration and learning exercise will be in Mersenne. Starting a bank for it now!

👊😃🎹🎛🕷

• I'm really looking forward to hear what you can do with Mersenne!

• @lasselu said:
    I'm really looking forward to hear what you can do with Mersenne!

Yeah! I’m only 5 patches into Mersenne so far and already overwhelmed with choices/possibilities and I’m just realising the incredible scope and power of this thing!

How did I overlook this one for so long?! 😲

It’s designed to be a more percussive style synth, really great for plucks, bells and mallets, but I’m also squeezing some nice pads out of it too.

It’s really suited to ambient sounds and atmos. Loving it already. 😍🎹🎛🕷

• @Spidericemidas said:

@lasselu said:

Yeah! I’m only 5 patches into Mersenne so far and already overwhelmed with choices/possibilities and I’m just realising the incredible scope and power of this thing!

It’s designed to be a more percussive style synth, really great for plucks, bells and mallets, but I’m also squeezing some nice pads out of it too.

Thanks for the bank, still working on loading it, might try iMazing to load the bank

Glad you’re into Mersenne now, can’t wait to hear what you do with it-

• I could finally download from the website to the the Files App, saving to the AudioShare folder.

But then, i cannot find any way to get this to RedShriek.

It does not show as possible target and not even "Opener" offers itself.

iOS 13 is so buggy. Or is this what Apple realy wants?!?
    Confused snd frustrated.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@lasselu said:

Thanks for the bank, still working on loading it, might try iMazing to load the bank

Mersenne has totally blown my mind this evening. It’s a beautiful thing! There’s so much good stuff can be done with it! 😲😋

• @tja said:
    I could finally download from the website to the the Files App, saving to the AudioShare folder.

But then, i cannot find any way to get this to RedShriek.

It does not show as possible target and not even "Opener" offers itself.

iOS 13 is so buggy. Or is this what Apple realy wants?!?
    Confused snd frustrated.

I know, right?!
    Doug tried every way he could think of on his new iPad running iOS13, but he had absolutely no success.
    In the end, he was able to get the bank installed with no trouble at all on his older iPad4, still on a previous OS probably 12 or earlier, I assume.

It’s annoying for me too because I want to share this bank with as many people as possible who are interested in my presets.

I can only wonder if it’s an issue within 13 itself, or if Ice Gear need to patch an update for import/export compatibility with 13.

🙄🤔🤷‍♂️😕

• @Spidericemidas said:
    I can only wonder if it’s an issue within 13 itself, or if Ice Gear need to patch an update for import/export compatibility with 13.

The 13.1.3 update didn’t resolve the import issue, but it’s most certainly an Apple Files bug since @dpeace was able to successfully load it in 13.2 beta. I think I heard somewhere that the 13.2 update won’t be released to the public for around another month.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@lasselu said:

Mersenne has totally blown my mind this evening. It’s a beautiful thing! There’s so much good stuff can be done with it! 😲😋

It’s top tier, easily in the top 5 of my 3,000 iOS synths
    Get in there and do that magic

• @_mwallace said:

@Spidericemidas said:

The 13.1.3 update didn’t resolve the import issue, but it’s most certainly an Apple Files bug since @dpeace was able to successfully load it in 13.2 beta. I think I heard somewhere that the 13.2 update won’t be released to the public for around another month.

Thanks for the thoughts and info.
    OS updates seem to be occuring thick and fast recently. It feels like one minute everything is working. Next minute loads of things are broken. Next minute some things are working again...only to be broken again by another update.

It’s the first time recently in my three years on iOS that I’ve felt this platform is really becomming very precarious and unstable/unreliable as a sustainable and legitimate music making tool, which is why I’m still holding my iPad on 12.3 where everything I have and need is working correctly and consistently as it should. I’ve never held out before for so long on accepting an OS update as I currently am re: iOS13. I have over 40 music making app updates pending from the last week or so (mostly referencing iOS13), which I have no confidence to go ahead and accept.

Too many interuptions and obstacles increasing in frequency to the functionality of things. I’m glad this is just a hobby for me, and not my profession.

I hope things get ironed out and settle down soon.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@lasselu said:

It’s top tier, easily in the top 5 of my 3,000 iOS synths
    Get in there and do that magic

👊😊🎹🎛

• @Spidericemidas said:

@_mwallace said:

@Spidericemidas said:

Thanks for the thoughts and info.
    OS updates seem to be occuring thick and fast recently. It feels like one minute everything is working. Next minute loads of things are broken. Next minute some things are working again...only to be broken again by another update.

It’s the first time recently in my three years on iOS that I’ve felt this platform is really becomming very precarious and unstable/unreliable as a sustainable and legitimate music making tool, which is why I’m still holding my iPad on 12.3 where everything I have and need is working correctly and consistently as it should. I’ve never held out before for so long on accepting an OS update as I currently am re: iOS13. I have over 40 music making app updates pending from the last week or so (mostly referencing iOS13), which I have no confidence to go ahead and accept.

Too many interuptions and obstacles increasing in frequency to the functionality of things. I’m glad this is just a hobby for me, and not my profession.

I hope things get ironed out and settle down soon.

Just my own two cents but I think things are a bit unsteady now because 13 was the biggest change in a very long time. IPadOS seems to have really delivered on stronger music app performance, not to mention the more obvious changes like the UI and external storage etc. I think iOS music making is starting to really take off in a more public way. Just ask Madlib haha.

Thank you for your awesome presets and what you do for the community. Very inspiring! 😎