Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blueboard trigger chords CLOSED

Looking to do something pretty simple. Just a chord progression triggered by hitting the Blueboard. Chord change each time I hit one of the buttons. I’m sure it’s easy. I have Navichord and ChordPolyPad...any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

@mjcouche said:
    Looking to do something pretty simple. Just a chord progression triggered by hitting the Blueboard. Chord change each time I hit one of the buttons. I’m sure it’s easy. I have Navichord and ChordPolyPad...any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Do you want a specific chord to be played by each Blueboard button, or do you want it to cycle through from one chord to the next as you hit a single button? Or, maybe move forward through a chord progression with one button, and back with another button?

Also, details of how your Blueboard is configured might be needed. There are different ways it can be configured (to send cc’s vs. notes, for instance).

• Looking into ChordPolyPad, it seems you can only play chords by sending notes. So, if you set the Blueboard to send notes, but you’d only be able to play four chords, one for each footswitch.

If you want to cycle through a chord progression, then you’d need to set the Blueboard into cc mode and then you’d need a script (Streambyter or Mozaic) to send an increasing note each time a certain cc is sent by the blueboard. To really make it work, how you want to use it would need to be clearer than it is just now, then you’d need to write a script or get someone to do it for you.

• Navichord seems like your best bet. You can midi learn Next Chord and Previous chord. You could just send whatever comes from the footswitch(es) you want to use, and it should work. See the midi setup in NaviChord.

No scripting needed. B)

• @wim Thanks for all of this. Good to know about both apps. I think having 4 chords, one to a button would be all right. Most songs I’m playing live right now are just your standard 4 chords. I bet I can also “write” the song in Navichord in advance and then have one button cycle through to the next chord. Now I just need to read the manuals, lol. Thanks again.

• @mjcouche said:
    @wim Thanks for all of this. Good to know about both apps. I think having 4 chords, one to a button would be all right. Most songs I’m playing live right now are just your standard 4 chords. I bet I can also “write” the song in Navichord in advance and then have one button cycle through to the next chord. Now I just need to read the manuals, lol. Thanks again.

With ChordPolyPad you can set the BlueBoard to send notes. It sends notes starting with C1 or C2 or something. ChordPolyPad can be told to play chords from incoming midi note starting from C something. So you’re good to go for four chords.

Navichord is more flexible. You can set the BlueBoard to send midi CC’s. Then you can midi-learn the next and previous chord functions to the incoming cc’s from your Blueboard. Or notes. Either way.

I’d recommend Navichord. Either will work for you though.