Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

is there an iOs sequencer app that comes close to what NDLR does?

edited October 2019 in General App Discussion

i like the concept... and as i have an ipad.... should be "easily" achieved by software. any ideas ?
thanks!

Comments

• Aphelian maybe

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Aphelian maybe

will check it out ! thnx !

• I'll watch the video a bit later but I wonder if midi chaining different midi FX can achieve the same ends. Like routing generative FX like Autony or Rozeta Collider into Arps etc and having those output to different synths.

Plus there's the option of creating something in Mozaic.

• @auxmux said:
    I'll watch the video a bit later but I wonder if midi chaining different midi FX can achieve the same ends. Like routing generative FX like Autony or Rozeta Collider into Arps etc and having those output to different synths.

Plus there's the option of creating something in Mozaic.

i thought the same thing... good call autony/collider! i'll try. Regarding Mozaic: i'll have to pass ;)

• Man! This thing goes deep. Looks like an incredible piece of engineering.

• btw - thought of Aphelian too.

• @kinkujin said:
    Man! This thing goes deep. Looks like an incredible piece of engineering.

for sure !

• if there is Syrupcore will know

• A combination of changeling and StepPolyArps could pretty much do it I think

• edited October 2019

As I just saw Poly 2, seems the most "all in one" app for that kind of stuffs ?
    A combination with StepPolyArps, and yes also maybe Changeling might be cool.
    I guess it might also need Streambyter or maybe on top of that Mozaic ?
    I think also about Sound Prism ?...

• @AlaErt said:
    i thought the same thing... good call autony/collider! i'll try. Regarding Mozaic: i'll have to pass ;)

You wouldn't have to write the Mosaic script... just ask for someone to make one. This would be
    a fairly easy script to generate:

Blue Board sends "Note" or "CC" events from a specific button event
    The script outputs the next chord in some programmed sequence for every "Note/CC" event.

or the 4 buttons could generate 4 specific chords (I, IV, V7, vi)

There are some apps that generate rhythm sections based on chord inputs (iBassist, One Man Band, etc).

My point is you don't need to find an existing app but describe your dream "tool" to achieve an end.
    The Mosaic capable programmer's will built it just your "Thank You" and feedback. Programmer's are like that... they write code for a creative/intellectual exercise.

We should have a "Mosaic Script Request" thread. I'm on it...

• You wouldn't have to write the Mosaic script... just ask for someone to make one. This would be
    a fairly easy script to generate:

I don’t think it would be easy to generate

Breaking it down NDLR has
    a music theory engine
    4 different arpegiators with different pattern modes

• edited October 2019

Kaspar for IOS seems something close as you have multiple arp (8 ! ) at the same time...

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kaspar/id1245045964

• The NLDR does quite a lot. You might have better luck asking about replicating specific features on iOS.

@BiancaNeve said:
    A combination of changeling and StepPolyArps could pretty much do it I think

This is probably the path I would start with.

• edited October 2019

I wish they (or someone else) would put the functionality of changeling into an AU midi effect

• edited January 2020

My thought on this was to use something like 4-5 Rozeta Collider's into an ARP so that you could get ever changing chords for that, then send that to Scaler so you can easily transpose. Perhaps use Cells for chords, also going into a Scaler, but then you still need to do a bunch of preprogramming.

Aphelian looks cool and I'll have to check that out more.

• @slicetwo said:
    My thought on this was to use something like 4-5 Rozeta Collider's into an ARP so that you could get ever changing chords for that, then send that to Scaler so you can easily transpose. Perhaps use Cells for chords, also going into a Scaler, but then you still need to do a bunch of preprogramming.

Don’t forget Fugue Machine AU as well. By controlling play head midi channel and mixing with something StepPolyArp you’d pretty much have most of NDLR functions. Just no knobs to twiddle.

• edited January 2020

"By controlling play head midi channel and mixing with something StepPolyArp you’d pretty much have most of NDLR functions. Just no knobs to twiddle."

NDLR has an extensive and integral modulation matrix, just like a synth, you can control many destinations with many sources. StepPolyArp doesn't have anything like this does it?

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@slicetwo said:

Don’t forget Fugue Machine AU as well. By controlling play head midi channel and mixing with something StepPolyArp you’d pretty much have most of NDLR functions. Just no knobs to twiddle.

Oh damn. Good idea. I do have Fugue Machine. I don't have SPA yet. I guess I should try and create my own "Ndlr" template.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@slicetwo said:

These both sound like really fun setups. Thanks!

• edited January 2020

Ohhh.. I'd love to own a NDLR (seriously considering investing in one, since I'm a shameless noodler myself). But for me the main appeal would be its physicality: getting away from the [big] screen. So for me an app could never be a substitute I guess :)

• @brambos said:
    Ohhh.. I'd love to own a NDLR (seriously considering investing in one, since I'm a shameless noodler myself). But for me the main appeal would be its physicality: getting away from the [big] screen. So for me an app could never be a substitute I guess :)

I actually had one, but unloaded it on Reverb. I had to wait so long for the thing that I created various setups in ios and in Reaper that let me "do" the same things... Not in terms of identical features, but shit that let's you generate musical coherence that follows scales and chords so its not just bleeps and bloops.

Plus then you can make minor or major changes to the functionality.

I found I could get just as interesting (to me, sure no one else) stuff, so sold it and bought an alesis strike multipad. 😊

• Well I gu> @MonkeyDrummer said:

@brambos said:

I actually had one, but unloaded it on Reverb. I had to wait so long for the thing that I created various setups in ios and in Reaper that let me "do" the same things... Not in terms of identical features, but shit that let's you generate musical coherence that follows scales and chords so its not just bleeps and bloops.

I found I could get just as interesting (to me, sure no one else) stuff, so sold it and bought an alesis strike multipad. 😊

Can we see the iOS setup? I'd love to make something like this.

• @slicetwo said:
    Well I gu> @MonkeyDrummer said:

@brambos said:

Look for my ugly baby post. That's one example. Again it's not a 1:1 with ndlr but it gets the job done.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@slicetwo said:
    Well I gu> @MonkeyDrummer said:

@brambos said:

Look for my ugly baby post. That's one example. Again it's not a 1:1 with ndlr but it gets the job done.

Gotcha. Seems intense. I'd have no idea where to start. haha.

• This video gives me the motivation for picking out a decent MIDI controller with 8 knobs and 8 pads at a minimum.

I think we can get more Mozaic scripters to create scripts for knob lovers based on one of these MIDI controllers:

Novation Launch XL ($150)
    Korg nanoKONTROL Studio (Bluetooth option) ($155)
    PreSonus ATOM Pad Controller ($150)
    Akai Professional MIDImix ($99 and the bank mute buttons might work for pad functions)
    Midi Fighter Twister ($220 but higher build quality and knobs might work as buttons?)
    Behringer X-Touch Mini ($80)

Do any standout to you as good candidates to build a lot of scripts for?

• I just got me one of these and arrived yesterday. I’ve been, well, noodling on it, and it’s bloody fab IMO. I’ve just hooked it up to Gadget and its a match made in heaven. I can record said noodles directly into separate Gadget tracks, in sync and edit from there. If you just do four on the floor single key type stuff with dynamics as the main difference in parts then it’s not helpful for that style (unless you want to broaden your textural palette harmonically). But if you like your choons to have melodic and harmonic structure with easy-to-experiment-with B or C sections to embellish an existing pattern or song idea and harmonically correct, then this thing is the shit. Love it.

The way I’ve been using it in my short time so far is to find a key, mode & tempo, then noodle away. Then when I like something, record it into Gadget, complete with B and C sections as to permanently save my noodles and flesh out the rest of the song in Gadget.

I too was interested in an app and there are plenty of apps that crossover into NDLR territory but I don’t think there’s anything quite so musical, educational or immediate. Great job to Conductive Labs. A more elaborate “NDLR Pro”, could have sequencer freaks salivating. I know I would. As it is, this NDLR fills a very unique void IMO. Bravo! I’m a fan.

Just my 2 cents.

• One more thing, when using with Gadget (or any DAW really), you can set up a beat inside your DAW to play in sync with your noodles. It just goes great with an iPad. Really good combo.