Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Irig Keys 2- nice!

Like many of you, I’ve tried lots of midi key boards, some good others not. I’ve been looking for a mini midi keyboard for quite a while that has pitch and mod wheels (not touch strips) and just a few knobs for midi routing. I gotta say IK did a very nice job with there new keyboard. The wheels and knobs feel good, keys are decent (for a mini) velocity sensitive, and a much improved build quality. All in all, its a solid product with features I found difficult to find on such a sized keyboard.
To note I thought the earlier irig keys was crap.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/iRigKeys237m--ik-multimedia-irig-keys-2-37-key-controller-for-ios-android-and-mac-pc

Comments

• U checked out the Alesis VI 25?

• Yeah i checked them all. I have no use for pads and did not like the knob and wheel placement but thx.

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    U checked out the Alesis VI 25?

• edited October 2019

I rather like the touch strips on the iRig Keys I/O. I'm a lifelong wheels junkie and didn't think I would, but I immediately took to these touch strips. Also really nice keyboard action. IMO, IK did an outstanding job of packing maximum playability and functionality into minimum space w/ the iRig Keys I/O line. Definitely worth taking a look, even if you normally are a committed wheels player. (And, of course, you also get Audio I/O!)

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigkeysio/

• The headphone out jack seems a clever move from them.

• Yessss if your ipad has no 3.5, your covered. Brilliant 👍🏼
    I’m no IK fan boy, but very happy with this purchase.

@Elvisthenrodent said:
    The headphone out jack seems a clever move from them.

• edited October 2019

but IK always forgets to mention that their keyboards have no support for after-touch...

• @RockBottom said:
    but IK always forgets to mention that their keyboards have no support for after-touch...

I’m lucky to even touch the right keys, after touch for me usually means undo and record again...

• @mrufino1 said:

@RockBottom said:

I’m lucky to even touch the right keys, after touch for me usually means undo and record again...

I am not alone!

• edited October 2019

@RockBottom said:

Most companies don't list things that aren't present, or what systems the product doesn't work on.

For those whose formative years were during the 1980s:

I took iRig Keys 2 out to see a movie, didn't have to pay to get it in.

iRig Keys 2 can't play baseball, they don't wear sweaters. They're not good dancers, [edit] but they don't do play drums

Ask iRig Keys 2 anything you want to. They won't answer, they can't talk.

• edited October 2019

As i am a complete noob at midi keyboards, i have a question regarding the 4 knobs on this keyboard.
    I will take troublemaker as an example, is it possible to assign these knobs to the lfo, or the boost or rate buttons in this app?
    Does this keyboard work wih all synths in ios?

• @ikmultimedia said:

@RockBottom said:

Most companies don't list things that aren't present, or what systems the product doesn't work on.

iRig Keys 2 can't play baseball, they don't wear sweaters. They're not good dancers, [edit] but they don't do play drums

roly poly iRig...

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    I rather like the touch strips on the iRig Keys I/O. I'm a lifelong wheels junkie and didn't think I would, but I immediately took to these touch strips. Also really nice keyboard action. IMO, IK did an outstanding job of packing maximum playability and functionality into minimum space w/ the iRig Keys I/O line. Definitely worth taking a look, even if you normally are a committed wheels player. (And, of course, you also get Audio I/O!)

Will this charge an iPad Pro or will a hub be necessary?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@mrufino1 said:

@RockBottom said:

I am not alone!

Yes, after I record something there’s all this automation recorded on the aftertouch that I have to erase or ignore. To be fair a lot of times with synths, velocity backfires on me and I prefer to turn it off. I’m looking for a less expressive controller. No need to impress anyone with my lack of motor control.

• @realdawei said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

Will this charge an iPad Pro or will a hub be necessary?

You can charge your device if using the optional power supply. From the link in the quoted message:

...the possibility to keep the device charged during long playing session using an optional power supply adapter...

• @RockySmalls said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@RockBottom said:

roly poly iRig...

Hey that verifies I'm not the oldest person here. Huzzah!

• edited October 2019

For those interested in buying this keyboard. I presumed i would be able to get sound through the internal speakers of the ipad OR through a headphone or speaker connected through the headphone out.
    This is not the case, apparently ios doesn't allow this as soon as there is a device connected with an audio interface.

Not attacking ik multimedia, just wanna inform those interested.

• @Elvisthenrodent said:
    For those interested in buying this keyboard. I presumed i would be able to get sound through the internal speakers of the ipad OR through a headphone or speaker connected through the headphone out.
    This is not the case, apparently ios doesn't allow this as soon as there is a device connected with an audio interface.

Just to clarify, iOS is designed to use the last connected hardware input/output device as its input/output source. If you connect an output source, this disables the iOS internal speaker and headphone port (If included). When connecting an input source, this disabled the built-in mic. For example, when you connect headphones to your device, the iOS speaker no longer outputs any audio.

For external speaker or headphone use, connect your speakers/headphones directly to the iRig Keys 2/iRig Keys 2 Pro headphone port. We offer the iLine series of adapters if you do need to go to say a PA, D.I box, or Mixer. Check these out below.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/iline/

• There is a good deal on irigs keys i/o line. If you buy it in october you get the full version of Sampletank 4 Max for pc. This is a decent bit of software costing £499. I bought the irig i/o 25 for £150 and got it free. Great value.
    Info here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=8502
    Sampletank 4 looks a lot better than Sampletank 3. The Sampletank 4 max - requires 260gb disk space for a full install and got good reviews.

• Thanks! In case that link does not work for those out of the EN regions, you can read the news in your region via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=maxyourio2019

• edited November 2019

As mentioned above, the order in which things are plugged in does matter. The last device plugged in determines the audio output, and here is a minor issue I encountered:
    If you have the irig 2 AND a audio interface plugged into a usb hub, with the hub connected to a usb lightning camera connection kit, when you plug the kit into the ipad, which device does the ipad recognize first????
    They are being plugged in at the same time due to the hub. (A bit confusing in writing I know)
    I’ve tried with 2 different hubs, one recognized the audio interface last which was great, plug and play. However the 2nd hub recognized the irig2 last (dictating its headphone out as main output which i didnt want).

Its still a great controller especially when used as it probably was designed for, a simple mobile setup: ipad, midi keyboard, speaker.

• @hibjshop said:
    As mentioned above, the order in which things are plugged in does matter. The last device plugged in determines the audio output, and here is a minor issue I encountered:
    If you have the irig 2 AND a audio interface plugged into a usb hub, with the hub connected to a usb lightning camera connection kit, when you plug the kit into the ipad, which device does the ipad recognize first????
    They are being plugged in at the same time due to the hub. (A bit confusing in writing I know)
    I’ve tried with 2 different hubs, one recognized the audio interface last which was great, plug and play. However the 2nd hub recognized the irig2 last (dictating its headphone out as main output which i didnt want).

Its still a great controller especially when used as it probably was designed for, a simple mobile setup: ipad, midi keyboard, speaker.

I can't help you with that, but for me the need for a speaker or headphone just makes it less mobile.

• @hibjshop said:

What happens if you only connect iRig keys 2 to the hub, connect the hub to iPad and then connect your interface to the hub?

• @Elvisthenrodent said:

Totally agree, I want to use the keyboard purely as an input device; in my case I want to be able to use iPad output including bluetooth (amp or active speakers or cans). I can't believe iRig cannot adapt it so it will do this.

• I for one, respect @ikmultimedia, simply for the reference to FishHeads.
    I understand they also make apps.